It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

72 people killed resisting gun confiscation in Massachussetts ! [Circa 1775]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
What happened to America?! Why are they trying to destroy the 2nd amendment? Follow the link to see what America is becoming. 72 people killed resisting gun confiscation in Mass.
edit on 3/18/2014 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Clever, but still misleading.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
www.snopes.com...

Have a read, buddy.

Oh, and if it was a real modern event, news of it would spread like wildfire and newsmedia would be spinning the crap out of it faster than you could blink. Just the nature of people in general, with the gossip & "ZOMG! Did you hear!?" stuff.
edit on 3/18/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/18/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

The circle is completing itself.

Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops.

Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as “ringleaders” of the extremist faction, remain at large.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Fight on brothers and sisters.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Yes that really happened !!!!

More than 200 years ago if I remember right.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I'm wrong...... Never mind.
edit on 18-3-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

I'm not your buddy,friend. Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

What happened is America has a limited number of true heroes to emulate.
The 1960's Disney TV series "Davey Crockett" was number one rated show for years and made Walt Disney very rich man, very proud man to bring to life one of America's greatest men in our history.
His wiki is a very worthwhile read for everyone.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Granite

What happened is America has a limited number of true heroes to emulate.
The 1960's Disney TV series "Davey Crockett" was number one rated show for years and made Walt Disney very rich man, very proud man to bring to life one of America's greatest men in our history.
His wiki is a very worthwhile read for everyone.

In some ways you are correct... I think it is because we tend to believe as Americans we are all equal; even under the law.. However, there are plenty of true American heroes who sacrifice much if not all for their fellow man.. Guess it depends on the definition of a hero.. There were 21 Medal of Honor awards presented today by POTUS... There are thousands of others who will never be recognized for their selfless heroic acts in all walks of life.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I started to think it was breaking news! Good way of catching attention.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Do that many people feel we are headed for another Revolution? How many today would stand up against government troops conducting searches and confiscating weapons? I doubt there would be many, especially if the reasons given for the confiscations were in the interest of national security, counter-terrorism, or because people were killed in some radical act violence. Would people stand up against more intrusions despite odds against them deciding upon "Libery or death." Or would they obediently acquiesce and ask for "More gruel, please."

edit on 18-3-2014 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

On July 4th, 1776 these same "right wing anti-tax extremists" signed the Declaration of Independence, pledging to each other and their countrymen their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor.
www.politicalears.com...
Actually, it was taxation without representation which was the issue, not taxation. But let's avoid that reality, right?

But tell me, who's legal weapons are being confiscated currently?

edit on 3/19/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
This same post was done before awhile ago, I almost thought it was that old one..

Looks like someone pasted in their old response haha..

This is a good litmus test for maybe the feds and anyone else, not sure.

If people were being killed by the government, and that news was able to be told to the masses without getting stopped by our media, then lookout , there would be real trouble... I hope it never happens, even though many in our own government right now, consider civilians as enemies even though we are countrymen.. That by itself is a very bad thing waiting to happen..

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Currently? How about during Katrina? Recent enough for you?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Thousands of weapons – legally obtained and owned – were simply grabbed from citizens after New Orleans Police Superintendent P. Edwin Compass III announced, “Only law enforcement are allowed to have weapons.” Just to make sure the message was loud and clear, the city’s Deputy Police Chief Warren Riley told ABC News: “No one will be able to be armed. We are going to take all the weapons.”
Read more at www.wnd.com...

Police confiscate guns

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Yeah, well. That was unconstitutional and illegal, wasn't it?
And New Orleans had to give legal weapons back, didn't it?
Maybe took some illegal weapons out of circulation though.

Law works. Don't it?

Want to address that "right wing anti-tax extremists" spin?

No? I understand.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No it doesn't. They took lawfully owned weapons. Did everyone forget the video of that grandmother's bloody face after they confiscated her firearm? So, they confiscated the LEGAL weapons while gangs of African American youth drove the streets in the back of pick up trucks armed to the teeth with ILLEGAL weapons in what one reporter described as "reminiscent of Somalia". You can have your guns until we decide you can't have them anymore is a dangerous mindset to be ok with.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Phage
But tell me, who's legal weapons are being confiscated currently?

The controversial door-to-door confiscation suggested for Connecticut has not happened yet so I suppose it would be more appropriate that we should withhold any anger and disgust until after it occurs. Even then it would just be "enforcing the law." And maybe they are just bluffing. Right, no cause for concern.

edit on 19-3-2014 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You are a master of spin and strawman style arguments I give you that. You know full well that this thread is about gun confiscation but you want to turn the topic to "right wing" tax issues.
Keep your politics in your pocket and look at the fact that gun confiscation is a real proven fact.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

"Maybe took some illegal weapons out of circulation though"

Seriously? That's your justification for the violation of the constitution? That's like me putting you in prison for something you didn't do and saying "you probably deserved it for something I didn't catch you doing,anyway."

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Seriously? That's your justification for the violation of the constitution?

Nope. No justification for that.
As I said, it was a violation.

You know full well that this thread is about gun confiscation but you want to turn the topic to "right wing" tax issues.
That's what the blog post in your OP said about it, not I.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join