It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minecraft for adults?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That is an interesting concept, I can only hope that EQ Landmark would give you the ability to make rules in your own little world or something and play games with people there. The game is in alpha so im sure they are open for suggestions, you can buy alpha access for like 60 bucks, and permanent beta and alpha access plus a bunch of stuff for 100 dollars.

Im contemplating trying it out.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Darolla

That actually looks sorta fun, checked out the page.... thought about buying the "alpha"

Sadly I doubt I would be able to devote as much time as one would need to play an MMO.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I think thats why they made landmark, a lot of the combat systems and stuff aren't even in the game yet. They are really focusing on the features and the realism of the game. But you are right, it is easy to see how much time you could really sink into this game, especially if you get sucked into the mmorpg part of it.
edit on 19-3-2014 by Darolla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Darolla
reply to post by Akragon

I was never really into minecraft, however the game I am playing now allows you to create literally anything you want, you can program your own bots to interact with the world, you can create a game within a game even. I would say the game I am playing now is for like the ultimate minecrafter that feels restricted by minecraft.

That doesnt make it it mature. Just different.

Check the tubes for minecraft vids of ppl making entire 8086 processors, calculators, emulators.. its limited by the imagination.

Tho ive not seen the game you mention. Not really games, these, but interaxtive sandboxed virtual anythings...

Sure zombies and spiders make minecraft a bit.. well.. it was never intended to be more than a game, just like life tho, it has unexpected uses..

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sn0rch

I have seen those! Some of those guys are too smart for their own good lol I just never was able to sit down and play minecraft for any reasonable period of time, it never held my interest.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Darolla

Under 5 mins in, I am sold on that.

Maybe I should have watched more i am unsure, is that mmo stuff, or.. im guessing so.

Thats a lot better than second life etc.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Darolla

It helps with addition of a substance D type thing
you enjoy just digging right down till bedrock then.

Lol

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sn0rch

So you bought it? Let me know how it goes!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Darolla
reply to post by sn0rch

I have seen those! Some of those guys are too smart for their own good lol I just never was able to sit down and play minecraft for any reasonable period of time, it never held my interest.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Darolla
reply to post by Akragon

...however the game I am playing now....

i dont seem to see where you mentioned the name of this game you are playing now? what is it?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Space Engineers

This game is still in alpha but is going to be really good once completed,
it is similar to minecraft in some ways. Very interesting game so far and
i cant wait to see where it goes.

I should add that anyone can alpha test this game, you can purchase it
on steam. But if your looking for a complete game don't do that, its
playable and all but it still has performance issues and crashes. I play
it to support the game, its a crowd source type deal.
edit on 19-3-2014 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Darolla

One of the beauties of secondlife however, well 2 things is that you can
1) import your own textures and meshes
and the big one
2) you can cash out into paypal and actually make proper money (pizza and beer money I call it). It is incentive even when your indifferent about logging in.

I do want to research more about EQn. Such as, can anyone build, or do you need skills in crafting and such..that would be a nice touch. the warrior or mage types would have to basically hire castlebuilders, it could reinvent the whole class desire system. A craftsman may be the only person that can build stuff effectively, but he needs to hire warriors to go secure a mine and get the raw materials in dangerous places to build with, etc. if they implement it properly, they could have the makings of something amazing.

Which then makes me believe it won't be implemented properly...game companies almost always drop the ball.

But I like where the industry is going.

I hate mmo's though...and EQ doesn't have first person mode...so..bah

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

bloodreviara

Space Engineers

This game is still in alpha but is going to be really good once completed

I seen some videos on that before
seemed like just a space grease monkey simulator. repair a ship, repair a station, build an addition, etc.

Still wanting X:Rebirth to re-redo everything and turn it into the amazing space sim it should be.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Darolla
reply to post by sn0rch

I play minecraft now and then. use all the big mods too (nuclear energy, etc..tons of stuff that would make a actual engineer confused and give up).

The thing about minecraft is, once you play too much, it gets boring. the best part is I would say the initial spawn right up until your pretty self sufficient and don't need to travel out anymore...then it becomes little more than task management.

I love the concept though of having to go actually find the resources you need in order to build, along with a need for food. I do wish games would put in more needs, such as a need for food, sleep, drink.
Skyrim heavily modded out so far comes closest to a "real" feeling..but has to be loaded down with realism and immersion mods..and when you go mod crazy, it has a way of becoming unstable. Still, its king imo.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

In EQN Landmark you will be able to import not only your own textures but your own 3d files as well as sell your items for straight real cash, no exchange needed!

But the 3d files, as I understand are to be things like weapons and shields and small decorations for your home. Nothing too big.
edit on 19-3-2014 by Darolla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I think minecraft brought a whole new era to gaming

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Here is another minecraft type game.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Kerbal Space Program

Kerbal Space Program is a sandbox spaceflight simulator where you build the craft that you fly. The game is currently still in alpha, but plays very much like a complete game. The current version has 7 planets and 9 moons that can be explored, landed on, collect science from, etc., each presenting their own challenges. There are often easter eggs to be found throught the Kerbol (Sun) system, such as Carl Sagan's face and a monument to Neil Armstrong. NASA is even working with the devs to create a scenario where you will be required to rendezvous with an asteroid and move it into orbit. The amount of stuff you can do with the game is phenomenal, and it simulates accurate patched conic physics. The learning curve can be a bit steep, and learning a bit about rocket science will go a long way (think Tsiolkovsky Rocket Equation), but it's the kind of game where you learn from your mistakes and get better with each launch/flight. Failure is not an option in this game, it's a requirement!
edit on 3/19/2014 by OblivionGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

It was to begin with but there is more and more being added in
the updates, the recent one brought the first iteration of survival.
It has added much more of a sense of it being a game but its still
very early alpha really. It is simple in some ways yet complicated in detail.

I also play minecraft with many many mods on it, i prefer feed the beast
ultimate pack myself.
edit on 20-3-2014 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join