It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minecraft for adults?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Mods, if this is an inappropriate post for chit chat I apologize. Although I don't see why not.

I have been playing around on this game for awhile and its pretty much like an adult version of minecraft

I'm not sure how many of you enjoy creating or making things, but this was something neat I stumbled across and I figured I would share it.

What kind of games are you guys playing right now?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Darolla

It seems theres several sandbox games out there, but none of them are as good as minecraft...

You want the adult version of minecraft?

Try TerraFirmaCraft

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Set I'm mobile and can't watch video right now.

What makes it adult? You mean like mature content? Or less childish gameplay.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I was never really into minecraft, however the game I am playing now allows you to create literally anything you want, you can program your own bots to interact with the world, you can create a game within a game even. I would say the game I am playing now is for like the ultimate minecrafter that feels restricted by minecraft.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

The fact that the other users I encounter on here are mostly older, and actually it takes a certain maturity level to figure this game out because there is just too much you can do. The most advanced thing I have seen is people making bots to create and manipulate the world to make their own games.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Darolla

to each their own I suppose...

Is there any threat in the game?

Or a survival mode?

that IS what makes minecraft great

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You can make anything you like, enemies, tanks, planes, rocketships, vehicles

You are mostly limited by your ability and imagination to do so.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Activeworlds is a old crappy VR world. Secondlife has taken over that mantle now. activeworld was popular as a starter for VR space and building, but yeah..long since dead really..

Go check out secondlife if your seeing this as decent. you will be blown away. but SL and this aren't the same..no digging for resources or anything..its more like a building tool like cinema4d or something and a mmorpg had a baby...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
ehhh

Rust is more like a gritty realistic minecruft.

Same guys that made Garys mod, its like day z meets stalker meets some craftage.

it be alpha matey!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Have you seen second life lately, it is literally just a bunch of people listening to bad techno in clubs they built?

I used to mess around in SL back when they had building classes and coding classes, but really that place has fallen to crap.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Darolla

Have you seen second life lately, it is literally just a bunch of people listening to bad techno in clubs they built?

I used to mess around in SL back when they had building classes and coding classes, but really that place has fallen to crap.

I pop in from time to time, mostly to build stuff. I love the creative outlet and freedom of the building environment.
As far as the community..well, I have long multi-page opinions on all that, so won't even bother starting. heh
But, it is great for just say a few people, find or rent a sim, and make some amazing things...thing about secondlife in general, your not required to experience anything.

SL will always be installed on my PC (or whatever the latest virtual world is), and always has a place in my heart...but they really do need to update their engine now and reimagine the whole experience. its now very dated tech. time to close down and restart from scratch, else it will go the way of activeworlds

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Personally I am really looking forward to everquest next have you checked it out?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Actually what I posted is everquest landmark, which seems to be the next virt that is coming out....crazy...

www.eqnlandmark.com...
edit on 18-3-2014 by Darolla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Darolla

Personally I am really looking forward to everquest next have you checked it out?

You have literally just blown my mind with this video.
w
t
f
that's incredible...I need to know more...but so far, the concept is shocking me. gaming engine with a...I mean, is that a "sim" they are on, how big is it, etc.

I heard of EQ Next, but sort of just wrote it off as yet another fantasy mmo. this however..even if it isn't going to turn EQ into the VR the fans want, it may kick other companies in the butt to update their service to something competitive.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I know! This looks incredible, check out the link I posted above for more info!

It will have water, physics, player made items, true economies.
edit on 19-3-2014 by Darolla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Darolla

that does look good actually...

IF theres survival, and digging... and machines and tools to build

im in...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I heard rumors that weather might possibly effect you, and enemies. Also supposedly the AI in development is awesome.
Also there is going to be digging! I heard something about cavern systems!

Good things to look forward to testing out.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Darolla
reply to post by Akragon

I heard rumors that weather might possibly effect you, and enemies. Also supposedly the AI in development is awesome.
Also there is going to be digging! I heard something about cavern systems!

Good things to look forward to testing out.

Its all about survival...

I think that changed the gaming world... Have you ever played a deathban server?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No, and if its a minecraft thing, probably never will. No offense meant, I just don't like the game personally.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Darolla
reply to post by Akragon

No, and if its a minecraft thing, probably never will. No offense meant, I just don't like the game personally.

Well it is a minecraft thing... but it certainly didn't start there... theres Death ban servers on a lot of games

One life... then you're banned from the server for a certain amount of time...

It makes it interesting... and people can't get revenge

Lots of fun

edit on 19-3-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join