It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need elections like Crimea's/ Paper Ballots, Clear Voting Boxes, count in front of Crowd

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
We need Honest elections like Crimea's/ Paper Ballots, Clear Voting Boxes, Vote Count in front of Crowd... Enough of having stolen elections.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I've thought about Voting Fraud a lot and the only way I can think of how we can get passed it...

Remove the anonymous part to voting... Have your ballet have your name on it.
Have it recorded in a central database... You voted for X on Y.

That way you and anyone else you give permission to, can check your voting record.

Can't fob that # then.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
We need honest politicians first, then the elections will be honest. No need for antiquated measures. People manipulate data, regardless of how it is collected.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

One vote per active social, punch it in, log in from cell phone, computer, public library etc, vote away.

ONE VOTE per live citizens SSN, its not hard.

Its just that Proper voting would not benefit those in power.
edit on 16-3-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It is pretty amazing. I did a thread back after the 2012 elections about this and how some people were here as observers to our elections. What some thought would cramp our style became more an experience of wonder on their part, from how the media reports read. They were amazed at the 'honor system' we operated under here and how effective our inherent trust in citizens to be who they said they were, seemed to be. (these were folks who flew in JUST for the elections...if that helps explain the rather narrow view they were enjoying of things).

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. If they'd only known..... The MOST important thing I learned in doing that research though is that no one trusts anyone in other nations. Blanks aren't found in some corrupt losers trunk later...they are destroyed on the spot at close of polls. One nation even drives stakes through the stack by law, as I recall it.

We could do with a whole lot less trust here. We'd have more honesty in the system.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I honestly believe these Crimean elections are totally rigged..
Although that might just be my political bias talking.

I can't for minute believe they are free and fair.. and that has nothing to do
with parroting what the Western Powers are saying.

I think the are rigged..... period.

Lets not forget also that the election is Illegal to begin with.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
what?
no baboon hacking video with paper ballots?
whooda thunkit?

don't make me post the vote fraud convictions in the democratic (sic)primary that put obama on the ballot in the first place

cause i will
edit on Sunpm3b20143America/Chicago54 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Ironically you're sounding like a democrat in 2002 or 2006.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Indeed. Very impressed by the Transparency of the Crimea vote.

I don't trust voting machines, or even people behind closed doors.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

rigel4

Lets not forget also that the election is Illegal to begin with.

Well according to International Observers, from Europe no less, they saw nothing to suggest coercion, forced voting or threats towards those taking part to vote "the right way". Makes me wonder also, if the EU are so adamant that this election is illegal, and will not recognize it, why send observers in the first place?

I think there are quite a few people in Europe getting a little nervous. Overtly, they have to tow the line in their condemnation, as dictated by the bankers, but quietly know they have a lot to lose in supporting the US line. I mean, it's been no secret this was a US sponsored overthrow, and we all heard what that nasty turd Nuland had to say about the EU which, lets face it, will have pee'd off a lot of Europeans.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Are you sure? You really want elections like:

-Under siege
-With only two options to vote on which are basically the same
-No vetting of anyone who votes
-People turned off from the voting station
-Under massive propaganda with continous violations against freedom of the press

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

PsykoOps

-Under siege
-Under massive propaganda with continous violations against freedom of the press

Not very different for our western systems then.

2 main parties (both acting tandem with each other and financed by the same entities)
Vetting? how would the dead and illegals vote then?
Under massive propaganda with continous violations against freedom of the press - can't have pesky reporters telling the people about vote fraud on a massive scale!

Lets face it, our own systems are flawed too and we have no place criticizing others. As I said in another post though, the International observers reported nothing untoward in the process. Sure, it was a foregone conclusion, but is that any reason for criticism of the process when, apparently, it was a whole lot more transparent than most western elections.

Edit to add, on the question of "Democracy", when did any of us get to vote for anyone in the upper echelons of the EU, those mandarins and their appointed lackeys who impose their rulings upon us without ever having been voted into office by anyone! Where is the democracy at play there?

edit on 16-3-2014 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

PsykoOps

-Under siege

Wow, with the exception of being under siege.....that's pretty much what we have here in the USA already

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

PsykoOps

-Under siege

Are you saying US or Russia, cause I honestly can't tell.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Taobender
Indeed. Very impressed by the Transparency of the Crimea vote.

I don't trust voting machines, or even people behind closed doors.

Transparency? Really? There was alot of dirty tricks going on as well as intimidation. SOme people who voted against the going to russia were targeted and labeled for their vote. A sign like "there is a traitor in your midst" is one of the signs put on someones door.
Also not all people who were in opposistion were not allowwed to vote i am sure too.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Can you provide us with any concrete evidence of this or is pure speculation?

I know they had outside monitors for the polls and it appeared transparent according to official reports.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
"...Transparency? Really? There was alot of dirty tricks going on as well as intimidation. SOme people who voted against the going to russia were targeted and labeled for their vote. A sign like "there is a traitor in your midst" is one of the signs put on someones door.
Also not all people who were in opposistion were not allowwed to vote i am sure too...."

Crimea is overwhelmingly Russian, I'm not surprised the locals did what they could to point out or intimidate people who were not themselves local or did not have the same values as the locals. You see the same kinds of things here in the USA, where in a few black neighborhoods, the local Black Panthers armed themselves and intimidated people coming to vote in their local areas.
edit on 16-3-2014 by Taobender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

This type of intimidation is common when the stakes are high, not from governments necessarily, but from the majority. The United States had to pass a Voting Rights Act which includes a clause that enables the federal government to step in and oversee, when there is evidence, the voting processes in areas that have intimidation of minorities at the polls.

This is not government, this is how people are when they feel the stakes are very high!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

benrl
reply to post by Sovaka

One vote per active social, punch it in, log in from cell phone, computer, public library etc, vote away.

ONE VOTE per live citizens SSN, its not hard.

Its just that Proper voting would not benefit those in power.
edit on 16-3-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

...not if the winning party wanted to take out everyone who voted against them...

the whole paper ballot/clear box system is a lot simpler and safer methinks
edit on 16-3-2014 by doesntmakesense because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by doesntmakesense

Problem is we have to combat voter apathy, hell, the way people complain vs people who actually vote seems disparagingly large.

So you have to weight the risk of fraud with easy of access, that, or make voting mandatory like Healthcare...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join