It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia bill could allow guns in bars, churches and airports

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

So why in the hell would I want to bring chest pounding and mere fists to a gunfight, or defend myself from a several armed robbers with words?
Why would you want to attend a gunfight, or think you could outshoot several armed robbers?

Of course, if you were drunk...

edit on 3/15/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Phage

So why in the hell would I want to bring chest pounding and mere fists to a gunfight, or defend myself from a several armed robbers with words?
Why would you want to attend a gunfight, or think you could outshoot several armed robbers?

Of course, if you were drunk...

edit on 3/15/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Umm, you were saying?

Better than dying. And there are countless videos similar to this.
edit on Sun Mar 16th 2014 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Umm, you were saying?

I don't get the connection.
The homeowner was...in his home. Not an airport, not a church, not a bar.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

The question still stands..why would you want to attend a gun fight? What makes YOU think you can out shoot several armed criminals.

Of course gun owners live in a dream world, where they watch a movie involving guns and think it is real life..

edit on 16-3-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

greencmp

So, police should never enter churches, bars or public places wearing their service weapons?

There is a difference between the men of the law and the average civillian. The police and the armed services are the only exception to this rule, because they are the ones who are there to take charge in a dire situation.

Think of this scenario - shooter in the mall, we've all seen it happen in the news. Suddenly, because guns in malls are the new norm someone pulls their gun out and attempts to shoot the perpertrator. But they miss and they get an innocent person. Now we've got two shooters in the mall. Someone else freaks and starts shooting because they've just seen someone get shot. They have only seen the second person who was trying to neutralise the first and starts shooting at them. Another person sees that person shooting and soon nobody knows what's going on and bullets are flying everywhere.

Guns are great but there are some places where they are best left outside.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I can't believe there are actually people in favor of this? Actually, I can. It's ATS.

I have seen a lot of drunk people use whatever weapons were available to them to mindlessly assault others. Whiskey bottles. Beer bottles. Chairs. Knives. Lucky for me, a few of them didn't have guns, or I probably wouldn't be here typing this sentence.

Edit to add: I'm also glad I've never been allowed to have a gun in a bar, as I might be typing this from behind bars instead.
edit on 16-3-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Once AGAIN no one is encouraging the consumption of alcohol while brandishing a firearm. Let's try to absorb the contents of the discussion. Especially details as important to the discussion as this.

Read THEN reply.....:facepalm:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TiedDestructor

I see.
Questions: What do people do when they go to bars? What state can people be expected to attain when they go to bars?

Wait. I get it. "I want to take my gun to the bar because there will be drunken people with guns there (because the law says they can) and I'll have to defend myself."

The funny (or not) thing is that apparently bars were excluded but those portions were redacted.

edit on 3/16/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Phage

I see.
Questions: What do people do when they go to bars? What state can people be expected to attain when they go to bars?

Wait. I get it. "I want to take my gun to the bar because there will be drunken people with guns there (because the law says they can) and I'll have to defend myself."

The funny (or not) thing is that apparently bars were excluded but those portions were redacted.

Once again if you read back you would see the amount of states who already allow or whose law doesn't restrIct carry in bars. You would also see that this has not caused an increase in violence.

Crazy people are crazy...legislate that away.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

TiedDestructor
Once AGAIN no one is encouraging the consumption of alcohol while brandishing a firearm. Let's try to absorb the contents of the discussion. Especially details as important to the discussion as this.

Read THEN reply.....:facepalm:

That is exactly what you are encouraging if you support a law where it is legal for people to be armed in bars. As phage already pointed out, what exactly do you think people go to bars to do? They go to bars to drink. I am pro gun rights and even I can see how stupid of an idea that is.

Any responsible gun owner will agree that mixing alcohol and firearms is completely irresponsible and downright stupid. I won't even handle a firearm in the privacy of my own home or a friends if I've been drinking. Having the right to own firearms comes with a great degree of responsibility and sense. They are deadly weapons and not only can you kill someone else with one, if you operate a firearm unsafely you can kill yourself. All firearms owners should RESPECT firearms, and alcohol impairs your judgement, and thus limits your ability to respect what you have in your hands at any given moment.

If a person can get blackout drunk and assault their best buddy over a girl with a broken bottle or some other primitive implement of violence, what makes you think it's a good idea to legally enable that person to act out their drunken rage with a gun?

Use your head.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

You would also see that this has not caused an increase in violence.

Violence of what sort? Fist fights? No, I don't expect it would cause an increase.
How about this sort of thing? Does guns in bars help limit it? Which is worse? Fists or bullets?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I have no problem with citizens taking their firearms where ever they go. Responsible people will react responsibly. Myself, I don't go to bars. why anyone would go to a bar, especially ones where trouble brews, makes no sense to me.
And it really doesn't matter where you go, if some one is looking for trouble, they will find it.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
First of all don't put anything into my mouth in regards to what I support. The argument is much bigger than any one mans opinion.

The thing is why debate something that is already a norm? Georgia wasn't the first and certainly won't be the last.

The reason im discussing it? I live here.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

And it really doesn't matter where you go, if some one is looking for trouble, they will find it.

I agree. And if people are going to fight they are going to fight.
Guns complicate things a lot though, because bullets don't always go where they are intended to go.

Guns in public settings (especially in conjunction with booze) are not a good thing, intentions aside.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

TiedDestructor
Here is an example of how this being implemented could actually SAVE lives...

How gun control helped a stalker kill my husband
"He had never threatened me or my husband but he was definitely creepy. My husband Ben had asked him to leave me alone before he showed up at this venue where I had never seen him before. I realized at that point I was being stalked. I asked the management at the restaurant to remove him.When they approached him and asked him to leave...."

The next sentence needed to be "but I interrupted their polite request and shot him instead", otherwise the presence of a 2nd gun in a handbag isn't changing that scenario.
edit on 16-3-2014 by hexillion because: fix quote blocks

edit on 16-3-2014 by hexillion because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2014 by hexillion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
You have to understand our culture here Phage. The small town I live in has no gang activity and very little crime. Up until this bill you could go into most any bar parking lot here in Ga and find multiple weapons in the vehicles of patrons. For Gods sake we were allowed deer rifles in our vehicles ON campus if the vehicle was properly secured.

We never had a single school shooting or an incidence of a student retrieving and brandishing a firearm. I'm not saying this law will work everywhere. Clearly portions of our society need no access to firearms.

Culture...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

The small town I live in has no gang activity and very little crime.
Up until this bill you could go into most any bar parking lot here in Ga and find multiple weapons in the vehicles of patrons.

So why make it legal to take your weapons inside?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
You could say that alcohol and certain people don't mix. that would be a scientific fact. you can say that guns and alcohol mix, 100% science fact. One sinks in the other. but only one is "inert". that would be the gun. You couldn't say "bullets" and alcohol don't mix. put enough gunpowder and alcohol together and that's one very loud party! but over all things, the "idea" that angry monkeys and alcohol and fire arms should always be treated like, well, a heavily armed angry monkey with a hangover is probably the most prudent course of action. I hate guns. I think hunting is a good idea, and very merciful, since we stole all the animals good habitats anyway, and they're too stupid to stop breeding (angry monkey arrogance there I know!) and I think cops SHOULD have guns, and if the cops SHOULD have guns, then citizens SHOULD be able to have them too! (It's only fair. why should one group of angry monkeys be treated different than the other groups of angry monkeys?) I have a giant black evil looking survival knife. It helped me survive one time. the person that had the gun did not. His gun misfired. Role the dice. and speaking of angry monkeys, real honest to goodness angry monkeys that live in the trees, hunt down and kill other angry monkeys with they're bare hands and teeth. They kill each other over territory. Sounds familiar doesn't it? Guns. so simple to use, you could teach a real HONEST TO GOODNESS angry monkey how to use one. You'd just have to make sure you gave them A WHOLE LOT more ammo to work with!
There's only one thing in all of the known Universe where I think the Mysterious Hand of the Divine has made a mistake. Evolution. Sometimes it's just too darn slow!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Phage

Up until this bill you could go into most any bar parking lot here in Ga and find multiple weapons in the vehicles of patrons.

So why make it legal to take your weapons inside?

Because dumb@ss criminals don't follow the law. I do.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Because dumb@ss criminals don't follow the law. I do.

I don't get it. You said this:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join