It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia downs US drone *Breaking*

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Well in all honesty how do we know it actually happened? Putin has full control of media and internet in Russia. What information there is in Russia is at Putins permission or request.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Wow you guys are naive. No LTC sent any email, total idiotic rubbish. How old are you guys. Come on seriously. Either that or should we be asking what country are you from. Despite the fact that we love that you think we are so powerful and great that we can control everything in the whole world, we don't. We have had nothing to do with events in Ukraine, or Egypt etc etc etc. If you want someone or something to blame it would be the internet and social media.

This allowed whole masses of people to connect and revolt against oppression. We did not have to do anything lol. You guys have to be joking lol.

And for that drone, pathetic. We have not used that ancient model drone in years. You can still find one flying some training missions if you are lucky lol.

Oh and by the way, since the loss of the drone in Iran allot has changed. For one it is not as easy as you claim to take one over, next they all have self destruct mechanism deployed as part of standard SOP. If commo is lost it destroys itself within certain time. Last i will just say our new drones don't have or need pilots unless we want them to.

This is all bunk and should be in skunk works or deleted.

The Bot

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

AnAbsoluteCreation
reply to post by Reaper62

They are being quoted on mainstream media being in possession by their military.

That's making a statement. USA has to make a statement.

And a damn good one.

AAC

I cant see anything on msm? do you have a link?

I havent seen the article but I think the US will do the usual trick of playing it down so much itll get smoothed over and people will forget about it pretty quickly. If Russia wants to pull an America and try and make a big deal of it they can, but I think itll go largely under the radar (no pun)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
"Tell Vlad I will have more flexibility after the Election".

It looks like Vlad is telling him to grab his ankles.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

I stopped reading your reply when you started bashing everyone.

Get a grip dude.

AAC

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

...So many botts

Good point 'dl'

Chomsky mentioned the wish of US to appear stronger than is and to appear slightly deranged = advantageous

However, global cartel will crash US happily when we've played our part/been played

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
that does not look like an american drone to me. does someone have the model number and name? methinks it is a misidentification of a Ukrainian drone. it looks like a short range economy model drone.
edit on 14-3-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

stormbringer1701
that does not look like an american drone to me. does someone have the model number and name? methinks it is a misidentification of a Ukrainian drone.

Yeah actually it is an American drone.
I have a picture around here someplace I took of one at the Smithsonian last summer.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well, that's what a drone is for. We did not lose a pilot. I'm sure they have some crazy encryption on it and self destruct type of mechanism, unless they never watched a James Bond movie. The only reason I could think of that the Russian's or Iranian's get anything useful from it is if we just don't care if they have it.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

dlbott

Wow you guys are naive. No LTC sent any email, total idiotic rubbish. How old are you guys. Come on seriously. Either that or should we be asking what country are you from. Despite the fact that we love that you think we are so powerful and great that we can control everything in the whole world, we don't. We have had nothing to do with events in Ukraine, or Egypt etc etc etc. If you want someone or something to blame it would be the internet and social media.

This allowed whole masses of people to connect and revolt against oppression. We did not have to do anything lol. You guys have to be joking lol.

And for that drone, pathetic. We have not used that ancient model drone in years. You can still find one flying some training missions if you are lucky lol.

Oh and by the way, since the loss of the drone in Iran allot has changed. For one it is not as easy as you claim to take one over, next they all have self destruct mechanism deployed as part of standard SOP. If commo is lost it destroys itself within certain time. Last i will just say our new drones don't have or need pilots unless we want them to.

This is all bunk and should be in skunk works or deleted.

The Bot

Two things you can help me with after finally reading your post.

1. What are you talking about?

2. Why are people staring sloppy points that go together like a bad runon sentence?

AAC

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
All the good drones are monitoring US citizens...that was probably some old one

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

The US hit its baseball over the fence and now will need to ask for their drone back. Remember Russia is technologically on par with US. The fly drones in approach wont be effective as with the 3rd world type militaries they are generally confronting in middle east.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

The US hit its baseball over the fence and now will need to ask for their drone back. Remember Russia is technologically on par with US.

Russia is not even close to our technology.

Not even close.
edit on 14-3-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
DP
edit on 14-3-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

AnAbsoluteCreation

ausername

AnAbsoluteCreation
reply to post by whyamIhere

Guys. That wall was coming down no matter what.

I love Reagan. But he was in right presidency at right time.

Reagan despite his flaws as a president was a real leader.

I suppose under your logic Obama is simply the wrong president at the wrong time?

Absolutely. Look at facts. Who killed economy? Bush. Who sent us to war unjustly! Bush.

Republicans never wanted to win the presidency because they knew the next one would be picking up bushs mess.

Look who their nomination was for proof. Mc'old and Palin.

If your not convinced by facts then what else can anyone say.

AAC

Actually, Clinton had much more to do with it.

His low income/minority home ownership push it was loosened the banking rules and freed up all kinds of credit.

Credit America couldn't pay back.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

whyamIhere

AthlonSavage

The US hit its baseball over the fence and now will need to ask for their drone back. Remember Russia is technologically on par with US.

Russia is not even close to our to out technology.

Not even close.

I'm sure this whole drone thing is a joke, but don't underestimate the Russians technological advancements. They are far better at secret projects and keeping secrets than we are, even better at extracting our "secrets" and technologies to adapt to and enhance their own. Dangerous assumptions.

Besides, without the Russians we're kinda stuck on the international space station.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

neo96
No this isn't 'huge'.

Anyone with a laptop, and a gps jammer can bring down a drone.

The same way Iran brought one down.

The stupid part here is the military KNEW drones have an extreme vulnerabliity.

But they think other people are too 'dumb' to figure it out.

And on that note I would have thought we would have gotten wise and installed a self-destruct system.If for no other reason just so someone can't say they downed one like it was a feat.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hmmmmmmm

I'm good with that. I was just trying to make the point that Obama didn't screw everything up.

AAC

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stormbringer1701

I can't find the pic I took, I found this online from the Smithsonian, after comparing the two it's not the same one being discussed...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Will Putin pose shirtless sitting on the drone? It would be a nice addition to his portfolio.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join