It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Answer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Mathematics is true. There are objective truths. But the fact is, our human experience is very subjective.

We dont know as much as we think we do, for sure. What we say is big and what we say is small is false. It is a creation of our mind. The same goes with good and evil. It is all relative.

So when you look at the world and say you know what the world is, ask yourself, "Is this what it is to others?". There are many universes in this one universe. No one is more valid than any other. So the answer is that. The universe is open to interpretation. You are in charge of your interpretation.

The universe cant be pinned down. The laws are true, but they are minor. You can define the universe according to mathematics. But the whole system is relative. 1+1=2, but the 1s are undefined except in relation to each other. When a number is observed by itself, it has no definition. The number one is meaningless until you put it in an equation such as 1=2-1. 1 can be anything. It can be 3-2 or 5-4. It only makes sense when it has a reference, or some standard to compare and contrast it to.

This is like the human's experience of the universe. Our experience has definition in reference to ourselves as humans. But when the reference is removed, the subject becomes abstract.

So in not knowing, you can see the abstract. The abstract, in my experience, is what I find to be profound. The abstract is the answer, to me. The abstract is the truth.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Which brings me back to...

Live life under the assumption that everything you hold most dear is quite likely wrong.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Krahzeef_Ukhar

Which brings me back to...

Live life under the assumption that everything you hold most dear is quite likely wrong.

i wouldnt say wrong. Neither wrong nor right. Right and wrong are also subjective concepts.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

That's the point. The only thing we can be certain of is our lack of certainty.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Be the unknown.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Krahzeef_Ukhar

I am wiser than this man, for neither of us appears to know anything great and good; but he fancies he knows something, although he knows nothing; whereas I, as I do not know anything, so I do not fancy I do. In this trifling particular, then, I appear to be wiser than he, because I do not fancy I know what I do not know.
Socrates *attributed by Plato*

edit on 15-3-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

"The Devils Advocate"

MILTON
Maybe I did. But don't get too
cocky. No matter how good you
are. Don't let them see you
coming. That's the gaff, my
friend -- make yourself small.
Be the hick. The cripple. The
nerd. The leper. The #-
kicking surfer. Look at me --
I've been underestimated from
day one.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Krahzeef_Ukhar

The only thing I know is that I know nothing at all.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join