It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Picks up Dog Poop With American Flag!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cuckooold

Let me clear that up for you.

I would not condone any sort of execution for exercising his god given right to freedom of speech.

I would be happier to hand him a rifle and let him fight for whatever it is that he believes in, or he thinks he believes in and let god sort it out.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Waterdog1

Sremmos80
This was a protest

Looked to me like some retard making a lame Youtube video.

But you're right, people are free in amerika to make fools of themselves and go public with it

How do you figure the person in the video is retarded? Just because they did something you don't consider right?
They are exercising a right... But I guess that is considered retarded now a days...

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

stargatetravels
Regarding the video, if this is a response by an ATS member to the crazies in the other flag thread, then its genius and bravo.

I guess it doesn't take much to entertain some people around here.

As far as the fecalpheliac video goes.

I've seen better

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I suppose that some would see me as the ultra nationalist right, or possibly a right wing religious zealot, but while it saddens my heart to see something special made into a mockery, I have become desensitized to the offensive nature of it all. What baffles me is that the person in question chooses to not stand for something, but merely to tear something down. The measure of this person is defined through his actions. I am truly disheartened to see so many challenge values of others with pure detest for values. If this person really had any virtue, he could find a way to express his intentions without denigrating something that holds sacred value to others. God bless the US Flag and all that it stands for.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

cuckooold
Does allowing the flag to be used to pick up dog poop equate to free speech, or should he be shot execution style for picking up dog poop with said flag?

Using a logical fallacy such as the above only proves the point that people like you shouldn't be participating in these threads.

This is ATS, not some run of the mill forum.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by onthedownlow

So if it were a different flag you would have no problem? That just since this item holds special value to you that it needs to share that value to others?

Why is this not a freedom of speech? They are expressing their views of what the flag stands for and they have every right to show it in the way they want.
That is what the flag stands for... Freedom

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Gee, I'm sorry I soiled (pun intended, is it ever any other way?) your beloved forum devoted to such highbrow pursuits as promoting fools making trolling videos, as well as those who rise to the bait, rather than seeing the video for what it obviously is.

edit on 10-3-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

I don't remember anyone in this thread stating this guy didn't have the right to do what he did except for the people who are in support of making a mockery out of the US flag, yes thats you and dozens of others.

No one else stated such a thing. But here we go again into liberal la la land.

I can't hear you. I can't hear you.I can't hear you.I can't hear you.I can't hear you.I can't hear you.I can't hear you.I can't hear you.

I suppose were all supposed to agree with you then it is acceptable. Otherwise under your definition of freedom of speech whatever is not agreeable with you is not freedom of speech.

You can't have it both ways.
edit on 11-3-2014 by txinfidel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Sremmos80
reply to post by onthedownlow

So if it were a different flag you would have no problem? That just since this item holds special value to you that it needs to share that value to others?

Why is this not a freedom of speech? They are expressing their views of what the flag stands for and they have every right to show it in the way they want.
That is what the flag stands for... Freedom

I have an issue with intentionally demeaning the values of others to make a point. I would pity this person regardless of the flag they chose to denigrate, just because the provocativeness of the act is directed at those that hold the flag in high esteem. Not all speech is protected, but I am tolerant of nearly all kinds of ignorance and arrogance. I do suggest that this person's virtue can be measured through his actions, but beyond that I make no referendum on the act.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Sremmos80
They are exercising a right... But I guess that is considered retarded now a days...

Okay, seeing how easily offended you were by me exercising my right to free speech.

I apologize,

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

he has posted it up in a video. He could be an attention whore?

or/ he is being in-direct with an insult?

I think it is rude, I wouldn't use the Aussie flag for that sort of thing.
I respect it...

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Yeah its just rude and bull headedness, like the atheists who preach about religious people preaching. If we all learned to just respect each other and each others beliefs we would get along. Some people are too primitive for that.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

txinfidel
reply to post by Sremmos80

I don't remember anyone in this thread stating this guy didn't have the right to do what he did except for the people who are in support of making a mockery out of the US flag, yes thats you and dozens of others.

No one else stated such a thing. But here we go again into liberal la la land.

I can't hear you. I can't hear you.I can't hear you.I can't hear you.I can't hear you.I can't hear you.I can't hear you.I can't hear you.

I suppose were all supposed to agree with you then it is acceptable. Otherwise under your definition of freedom of speech whatever is not agreeable with you is not freedom of speech.

You can't have it both ways.
edit on 11-3-2014 by txinfidel because: (no reason given)

I do remember some one saying this was against the law...and then sourcing such law..so I guess there was someone that did state that...You must have missed that one
Maybe only us in liberal land can read the entire thread before commenting.
I would say that most that call him unamerican or that that they are disgracing everyone that has ever served also feel as though they do not have the right to do this.
They are not disgracing anyone other they ones that can be tied to the issues that they presented.
The US does have a track record with both.

I never told you my definition of freedom of speech so why are you saying you know it?
Where did I say that if you don't agree with me that is not freedom of speech? How does that even work?
I would say disagreeing with me is the prefect example of freedom of speech... Expressing how you feel period is a great example..

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Waterdog1

Sremmos80

Okay, seeing how easily offended you were by me exercising my right to free speech.

I apologize,

Not sure where I showed offence to your comment, I merely asked you to explain what was "retarded" about what they were doing.
You are more then welcome to call them what you want, just be willing to be able to back up why you called them that besides your personal opinion of their actions

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Sremmos80
I merely asked you to explain what was "retarded" about what they were doing.

You're right, and again, I'm sorry I called the creator of such obvious Cinematic brilliance a retard.

Again my apologies

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Waterdog1

Sremmos80
I merely asked you to explain what was "retarded" about what they were doing.

You're right, and again, I'm sorry I called the creator of such obvious Cinematic brilliance a retard.

Again my apologies

So that's a no on what the retardation was the led them to do this, your right to refuse to answer.
This was spineless, petty, cowardly many other words you could have easily replaced "retard" with and still got your point across.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
And if it was cat poop everyone would say "Ahwww how cute"

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
we had a gal burn a HK flag, lol, and was deported back to mexico.

no questions asked, boom, gone, cya!

don't mess with the flag.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Does the Jobbie go above or below the flag..?
edit on 11-3-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Its a bit low as a lot of pride is still there for any flag by its nationals, but to be honest ALL flags of ALL nations have been crapped on from a great height by the elites and their corrupt political cronies anyways, so whats the difference?
People get annoyed as some guy picks up poop with his own or any other flag but these are the same people that remain silent when their own countries are going down the toilet as well.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join