It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is Stan Friedman.I have been investigating UFOs since 1958. Ask Me Anything

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I would be happy to engage in a formal debate as I did with James Magaha at Middle Tennessee State Univ. DVD at my website.Surely you know that people with high level security clearances don't tell secrets to those who do not have both the appropriate clearance and Need to Know? Did you?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Which branch of the government or military would be considered the "lead" investigative entity? Everyone turns to the Air Force but I have a feeling it's the Navy. Thank you in advance.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

I repeat I do NOT have a doctoorate .See my bio at stantonfriedman.com

link   
Good work here, it's been fun reading your answers and the questions. I see you've been an ATS member since 2004, but your first 22 posts are missing (alas, it was a time before those things were kept I guess). Do you still login sometimes? Thanks again, and do you have any questions for us at ATS?
edit on 10-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

link   
This may be an unfair criticism, but you have been accused of adhering to the "nuts & bolts" and "aliens from space" theory of UFOs to the exclusion of other possibilities. Those include the Inter-dimensional hypothesis (IDH) and what I suppose could be called the "Control Mechanism" discussed by Jacques Vallee where he points out similarities between ET today and faeries and such during the Middle Ages, suggesting we are interpreting the phenomenon in light of our own cultural biases. This being the "space age" and all, we opt for aliens. If I am not mistaken he also is suggesting that the phenomenon wants very much for us to believe it is related somehow to aliens from space.

Do you have any thoughts about these alternative explanations? Do they have any place at all in your world view about what is happening?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hi and welcome to ATS…I was wondering what your thoughts on the Kecksburg incident with what reports called a bell shaped craft being removed by the military

Thanks in advance and I appreciate you taking the time.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well, I must say, sir, that you are a class act in your handling of this AMA so far. Bravo and Thank you.

Col. John B. Alexander makes the case that the MJ-12 group was legitimate, but only in the sense that it was a "Continuity of Government" group.

Given the credentials of the listed members (including at least one die-hard UFO skeptic) and the cold war time period as well as the obvious fakery associated with many of the documents and their association with Bill Moore who has ties with intelligence community shenanigans of the "ufological" sort ala Rick Doty:

Have you given that aspect much consideration? If MJ-12 was a UFO dream team, why the obvious and fairly skilled fakery of so many documents?

And, what's the number one reason you seem to dismiss something along the lines of the "Interdimensional Hypothesis? Do you feel like you have done more "science" in this field than Dr. Jacques Vallee?

I also note you mention Dr. Hynek with respect above, who also gravitated towards a theory more inline with "dimensional" theory.

edit on 10-3-2014 by The GUT because: clarification

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Stanton Friedman
reply to post by Spiro

I am convinced on the basis of research..my own and that of People like Dr. Bruce Maccabee, Dr. James E McDonald, ...

Cool. But… uh, doesn’t McDonald’s account of the May 1957 Edwards UFO drift-by [cameramen Bittick and Gettys] utterly contradict Cooper’s claim that he was involved and that it landed? How can you believe BOTH contradictory accounts? Surely at least one has fundamental errors?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hi

Thank you very much for answering our questions, I hope I'll have a chance to get mine answered.

Is it true that there are different types of alien races and that at least one of them look basically like humans and is on our planet to help/work with us?

edit on 10-3-2014 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2014 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlieSpeirs

Yes, I think the old cases are very important I think aliens have been visiting for a long time.. remember we didn't have nuclear weapons back then nor sufficient energy to build fusion rockets which we could now if we were willing to spend the money.Frankly I think the aliens would like to quarantine us. I often reccomend Dr. Barry Downing's excellent book "The Bible and Flying Saucers"

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Stanton Friedman

Good evening Mr. Friedman.

Thanks for taking the time... thus right to my question:

I'd like to know what you think/know about any 3rd-Reich/UFO connection?
Do you think there is anything true to the weird stories some veterans tell on their deathbeds about their experiments?
(like contact with the new man, vril technology, ancient mathematics they allegedly found that were magic and the OSS took it all... that kind of stuff.)
The reson why I'm asking is that generation is dying now... should we take them serious or are those just the ramblings of wartorn minds?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Stanton Friedman

I would be happy to engage in a formal debate as I did with James Magaha at Middle Tennessee State Univ. DVD at my website.Surely you know that people with high level security clearances don't tell secrets to those who do not have both the appropriate clearance and Need to Know? Did you?

So Mitchell told YOU about astronaut UFO sightings but he lies about them in public? Be explicit, not coyly dancing: if you want to hint that you have been told top secret information by astronauts but cannot reveal their names, say so explicitly. And will you disclose it after they have died? And do you believe Cooper’s space alien telepathic warning story?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Stanton Friedman

Thank you for the response Sir...
& for the recommendation!

I'd agree fully that they would like to quarantine Earth...
If they haven't already done that (this could even be the main reason for the lack of disclosure)!!!

Enjoy ATS!!!

Peace!

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The question everyone wants to know:

What really happened at Black Mesa and how did you escape?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Eagleyedobserver

Testimony indicates not all aliens are cut from the same mold. But then neither are all humans. There is no way to generalize from observations made here to what is going on out there. The Kepler spacecraft indicates perhaps one planet per star... that means billions in the galaxy. We don't know how much colonization and migration have gone on. Look how widely disseminated earthling races are. We may be subjects for alien class projects, PhD theses etc.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Pryde87
The question everyone wants to know:

What really happened at Black Mesa and how did you escape?

I hope he gets that...genius. lol.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Please don't put words in my mouth.You ducked the question. Edgar certainly is convinced that some UFOs are alien spacecraft and that Roswell was alien.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Voyaging

Sorry. Don't know enough to have an opinion. No way to go there and check either.

(post by Elijah23 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join