It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is Stan Friedman.I have been investigating UFOs since 1958. Ask Me Anything

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Can you give us any breaking news today, maybe a piece of data you've held back or have "always wanted to talk about" but haven't? In other words, speaking to historians 100 years from now, anything you haven't reported on yet? Thanks. (you've probably seen it, but if you haven't seen the film "Paul" as yet, it's a hoot).

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Any insight to the US Govt cooperation with the ET races, the dulce base and our own "Space Force?"

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
By my first question being ignored, actually speaks volumes.

Permit me to ask another.

To your knowledge, does the military hold any tangible alien artifacts? And is reverse engineering a reality ala Bob Lazar?
edit on 10-3-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Mr Friedman do you believe the story of President Eisenhower entering a treaty with aliens in 1954 agreeing they could abduct humans and cattle in exchange for their technology.That would be a good reason for complete cover up.What would the people of earth think that our own government would condone this

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I only joined just now, sorry that i didnt quote the question already asked and if you already replied to it

What is your view/opinion on Alex Collier and Billy Meier, specificly, if they are telling the truth or not

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

I think there are several reasons for the coverup:

1. Everybody wants to determine how they work so new technology can be used for military purposes.Theymake excellent weapons delivery and defense systems. We have wreckage from Roswell, Aztec, and the Plains of San Agustin. You cannot tell your friends withour telling your enemies. They read the papers do.

2. Each country worries about its enemies learning proipulsion secrets before they do.Don't want those other guys to know what they know.

3. If an announcement were to be made.. say by the queen and the pope.Consider the consequences. Church attendance and mental hospital admissions up, the stock market down, and a push by the younger generation towards an earthling orientation. No government wants that.Nationalism is the only game in town.

4.Certain fundamentalists such as Pat Robertson insist that all the intelligent life in the Universe is here on earth which was created in 4004 BC and UFOs are the work of the devil, so nobody out there much more advanced than we are.

5. Some insist that if aliens are visiting and undoubtedly more advanced than we are. If we develop more advancd energy production, and a ground transport technique there would be economic disasters.(I have no pity on buggy whip manufacturers.

6. I have heard 7 different stories about military pilots being sent aloft to chase UFOs (the order was "ShootThem down if they don't land when instructed to do so..back in 1952) and not returning. Can't admit that.
edit on 3-10-2014 by Springer because: fixed formatting error

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Stanton Friedman
reply to post by skyblueworld

I have heard jim speak. I think he is almost always wrong. Dr. Edgar Mitchell, 6th man to walk on the moon.wrote the forword to my book "Flying Saucers and Science" I have talked to several astronauts and believe they had good sightings. Gordon Cooper was one.

Would you be up for a debate with him. ? Possibly on another day?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Stanton Friedman
reply to post by skyblueworld

I have heard jim speak. I think he is almost always wrong. Dr. Edgar Mitchell, 6th man to walk on the moon.wrote the forword to my book "Flying Saucers and Science" I have talked to several astronauts and believe they had good sightings. Gordon Cooper was one.

Nice to share some air time with you on "NASA' Uexexplained files” and on-line time here.

Regarding astronaut UFO sightings, didn’t Mitchell tell you that HE never had any sightings and that while he was at NASA, neither did any other astronaut he knew? Do you believe Cooper’s story that he saved the shuttle program from a lethal design flaw by relaying a telepathic warning presumably from space aliens, as he claimed? And don’t be coy – if other astronauts told you about their UFO encounters in space, tell us who and when.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Greetings Mr Stan,

It is my understanding that humanity is quite gullible and controlling/manipulated in so may ways that most UFO sightings are derailed in nature. Have you ever had privy to a personal sighting that has made you stop and think....WOW, Now I believe? Or do you just believe through research?

Many thanks

Spiro
edit on 10-3-2014 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

I think there are 6 reasons why all countries want to withold data:
They want to figure out the saucers work. Can't tell your friends without telling your enemies Worry about enemies figuring out secrets before we do. Worry about an announcement leading to a push towards an Earthling orientation. No government wants that. Nationalism is the only game in town. Fundamentalist Pat Robertson insists all intelligent life is on Earthwhich was created in 4004 BC.. so nobody out there or more advanced.Don't want to admit pilots have been lost while chasing UFOs.The order was shoot them down

edit on 3-10-2014 by Springer because: formatting

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Welcome and thank you for your time.

If we admit there is a cover up by governments regarding the existence of ETs, one wonders why. Are the governments being blackmailed somehow by said Ets...? Are both sides in some sort of exchange program and what exactly...? If the answer to both questions is yes, doesn't that tell about the nature and intentions of ETs?

Anyway, those were just a couple concerns and not questions directly to you, dear sir.

My question to you is below - you do hypothesize that aliens want to quarrantine us, humans, since we are tribal and self destructive. Do you really believe, dear sir, that the elite represents humanity and that, were the aliens' intentions "good," they are not able to distinguish between the fatcats of the elite and the common Joe, the real humans?

Thank you in advance.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Stanton, trying to think of an original question and this is what I thought of

With the complete stalemate in Ufology as to information and those who believe against those who don't, which as you know as lasted for a very long time, how do you keep yourself motivated in your work?

edit on 10-3-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

No But I hope to speak in Greece in JuneMight ask around.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Welcome. I have but one question which requires a bit of detail--though brief. In 2004, I reported on several craft over KS (flying/hovering) in formation. The shapes and sizes were diverse. They all slowly vanished before my eyes; however, I was able to get directly under one of them before it ascended. Not clear to me what it was that I saw (propulsion system?), but it emitted an orange (pumpkin) color formation which was geometric (rectangle over a bar) rectangle spun counter-clockwise, the bar spun clockwise, and the rectangle bounced along the bar touching each point along the bar with different points of the rectangle. First thing that came to my mind was an old Mazda Rotary Engine, but the system appeared to be idling. Has anyone seen this or reported same? This question is for Stan Friedman.
edit on 10-3-2014 by MarkedExits because: No response

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Stanton Friedman
reply to post by AboveBoard

I believe that within the atmospghere a magnetoaerodynamic system would be the best bet. Ionizing the air around a craft and interacting with that plasma with electric and megnetic fields allows one to control lift, drag, heating, sonic boom production and radar profile. I had a literature search done of the Government documents.. way back in 1970. Got 900 references of which 90% were classified.

hello again mr. Friedman,
this reply might answer mi question, but it doesn´t, can we realy think that life out there it will have the same characteristics that we need to verify on earth to considere that it is a living being? In school they teach us that a living being is born, feeds itself, reproduces and die, these are the basic rules, but in earth we have a lot more rules that define a living being, is it posible that there are other forms of life? not even related to what we consider living beings on earth?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Mr Friedman, it is such an honor to have you here with us.

I just have one little question and it's regarding the Shag Harbour Incident. You've spent a great load of time looking into that case, so if I may ask:

Is there anything regarding this case that you have seen (through the paper trails) that hasn't been made public and therefore makes it an undeniable other worldly event.

Thank you for your precious time, Sir.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hello Mr Friedman, I would just like to ask you, What speeds do you think Humans could achieve with Nuclear engines, in space.?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Stanton Friedman
reply to post by boymonkey74

No I don't think any are demons. I think they are advanced beings concerned about out primitive society whose major activity is tribal warfare and which has learned about nuclear fusion which would get us to the stars if we could spend the money. i think they wish to quarantine us. Don't forget we killed 50 million of our own kind and destroyed 1700 cities in WW 2.Since then we have exploded 2000 nuclear warheads and we will spend a trillion dollars on military stuff this year.We are not nice guys.

This needs to be read over and over by everyone here on ATS. Great bit of wisdom.

My only question is there seems to be a great difference in UFO's, and it appears that some UFO's are pure energy, meaning no physical material present.

How can we quantify these types of UFO's, or how do you personally quantify these types?

Thanks,

RT

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I have given over 700 lectures in all 50states, 10 Canadian provinces and 18 other countries. I have answered well over 50000 questions. Have only had 11 hecklers 2 of whom were drunk.Extremely well received; there are far more believers than debunkers. The reason is that there is so much more evidence on the pro side. Remember too that the question is NOT are all UFOs of alien origin.The question is are any? . My answer is very definitely yes. It is no surprise that in a debate years ago at the Oxford University Debating society my team got 60%,of the vote. In debates on Coast to Coast radio with Dr. Seth Shostak I got 57% of the vote, he got 33% 10%thought it was a tie.Against Dr. Michael Shermer I got 80%, he got 20%. My 5 books have been extremely well received. People understand when I say that SETI stands for Silly Effort To Investigate.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join