It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is Stan Friedman.I have been investigating UFOs since 1958. Ask Me Anything

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
My name is Stanton T. Friedman and I am a nuclear physicist-ufologist. I first became interested in flying saucers (all flying Saucers are UFOs. Only some UFOs are flying Saucers) in 1958 and went full time AS A SPEAKER in 1970 after spending 14 stimulating and frustrating years in industry working as a nuclear physicist on a variety of exciting ,eventually cancelled advanced nuclear and space system research and development programs. I had worked my way through 5 years of college including 2 summers as a busboy in the Catskill Mountains in New York, washing dishes at my fraternity at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ, and 3 years as a union waiter at a good restaurant on the south side of Chicago, walking distance from the University of Chicago. I received BS and MS degrees in Physics in 1955 and 1956. Carl Sagan and I were classmates at UC for 3 years.

admin note: Please welcome Stanton Friedman to ATS, please also be aware that Mr. Friedman is our invited guest who is giving of his time, PLEASE LIMIT YOURSELF TO 1 QUESTION (give your fellow member a chance to get theirs answered) We will not tolerate any rude, trollish, or otherwise uncivil questions or comments, please act accordingly.

Also, because we know this AMA is going to be extremely busy, please limit your posts to questions only.

Above Top Secret Stanton T. Friedman March 10, 2014

(continued)

My employers included the General Electric Aircraft Nuclear Propulsion Department 1956-1959 (near Cincinnati). In 1958 GEANP spent $100 Million and employed 3500 people of whom 1100 were engineers and scientists). 1959-63 I worked at Aerojet General Nucleonics near San Francisco on compact nuclear reactors for space applications, on fusion rockets for deep-space propulsion, and a study of Soviet space nuclear reactor capabilities. For 1963-1966 I worked for General Motors in Indianapolis on Compact reactors and from 1966-1969 for Westinghouse Astronuclear Lab in Pittsburgh. We actually tested a high performance nuclear fission rocket , NRX A-6, at a power level of 1100 Megawatts (half the power of Grand Coulee Dam).My primary efforts were concerned with radiation shielding for these systems. The program was cancelled. I was driving across the country to take up a new very special job with McDonnell Douglas Astronautics to try to determine the mode of propulsion of flying saucers when I heard on the car radio that the funding program (Manned Orbiting Laboratory) was cancelled. They kept me for 3 months during which I did a search on Magnetoaerodynamics turning up 900 government documents of which 90% were classified. I had a brief stint at TRW systems looking at radiation from the small Radioisotope thermoelectric generators used on the Pioneer space system . Then full time speaker.

I gave my first UFO lecture in somebody’s living room in Pittsburgh in 1967 and have since presented more than 700 lectures (titles like “Flying Saucers ARE Real” and ”Flying Saucers and Science”) in all 50 states, all 10 Canadian provinces and 18 other countries. Mostly I spoke to colleges and universities and engineering and scientific groups . Been on hundreds of radio and TV programs, authored or co authored 5 books, written a monthly “Perceptions” column for the MUFON Journal for many years. I have won debates at the Oxford University Debating Society (we got 60% of the vote) and two on Coast to Coast radio. I defeated Dr. Seth Shostak of the SETI Institute getting 57% of the audience vote while he got 33% and 10% were neutral. I defeated Dr. Michael Shermer of the Skeptics Society, 80% to 20%.A 2 hour University debate “Are Flying Saucers Real?” with retired Air Force pilot and astronomer James Magaha , is on a DVD among the many items listed for sale at my website www.stantonfriedman.com .No vote was taken
My basic approach as a physicist is to have facts in hand before putting mouth or computer in gear. I have reached 4 major conclusions after 56 years of study:
1. The evidence (almost always ignored by debunkers) is overwhelming that Earth is being visited by ET spacecraft. In other words, SOME UFOs are alien craft. Most are not. I don’t care about them. The evidence includes 5 large scale scientific studies. In checking my audiences I find fewer than 2% have read any of them
2. The subject of flying saucers represents a Cosmic Watergate meaning some few people in major governments have been well aware of conclusion no. 1.
3. There are no good arguments against 1 and 2. Most of the attacks come from people who have not studied the evidence. That is especially true of the SETI guys. SETI stands for Silly Effort To Investigate. Bad Science.
4. The story of alien visitors and government cover-ups is the biggest story of the millennium-

I have also noted 4 major rules for debunkers:
1. Don’t bother me with the facts, my mind is made up.
2. What the public doesn’t know, I will not tell them.
3. Do your research by proclamation. Investigation is too much trouble.
4. If one can’t attack the data, attack the people. Nobody will notice the difference.

I bring to the table three major areas of expertise:
1. I worked under security for 14 years and have visited 20 Document archives, some many times. Many people don’t seem to understand how security works. I do.
2. I have worked on far out advanced propulsion systems and can deal with the false arguments about “they can’t get here from there”.
3. I have over the years answered more than 50,000 questions after my lectures, in college classrooms, and on hundreds of radio and TV programs, so have had to think about a huge variety of concerns.

Perhaps I am, best known for being the original civilian investigator of the Roswell Incident (starting in the mid 1970s) as described in my book “Crash at Corona: The Definitive Study of the Roswell Incident”. Also for a number of years, and after an enormous effort, I have been championing 3 of the more than 100 Majestic 12 documents as genuine. This work is described in my books TOP SECRET/MAJIC and in “Flying Saucers and Science”. Both TOP SECRET /MAJIC” and “Captured! The Betty and Barney HILL UFO Experience” by myself and Kathleen Marden, Betty’s niece, have been optioned for movies by Stellar Productions of Hollywood.

I would also like to correct a totally false claim made by nasty noisy negativists that I secretly am working for the U.S. government. At one time in my life I spent 2 weeks delivering mail for the United States Post Office in Linden, New Jersey, at Christmas time as a sophomore at Rutgers University. That is it. Not a high level position.
Feel free to look at my bio at www.stantonfriedman.com and to Ask Me Anything.

edit on 3-10-2014 by Springer because: Added rules

edit on 10-3-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2014 by Springer because: spruced up title

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hello and welcome.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hey there!

Welcome. I truly look forward to all the conversations that will take place in this thread.

In your opinion - what is the best evidence you have ever come across that supports Alien & UFO activity?

Do you think the majority of sightings could be secret military aircraft?
edit on 10-3-2014 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Hello Mr. Friedman - Thank you kindly for all your work and time ~

“My view is, per a fine analogy from physicist Beatriz Gabo Rivera, that we are like the gorillas in a nature preserve in Africa who know nothing about what is going on outside the preserve.”
I totally agree with this analogy – I usually liken us to an ant farm.
-----------------------------------------------
Questions please and thanks –

- How many extraterrestrial races do you think/know are here and are you aware of any ‘benevolent/good/benign’ ones?

- What are your thoughts/opinions on Men In Black?

- What do you think is really going on/inside the moon (and other solar system planets)?

- Who/what do you think/believe is really the force behind the governments?

- Do you have an opinion about all the radiation is being created/released via nuke plants/ nuke weapons/ leaks? (Some speculate it’s an intentional aspect towards terra-forming for another race of extraterrestrials)

- What do you think is most important for us to realize about this planet/existence?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Stanton Friedman

Welcome to ATS, Mr. Friedman. Thank you for making the time to join us in our search for truth.

Des

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
You peeked my interest as a kid on this subject. Thanks for being a honest and positive influence in the community and I look forward to your insight.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Stanton Friedman
If one can’t attack the data, attack the people. Nobody will notice the difference.

We certainly do see this a lot but, thankfully, here on ATS everybody is open minded and non-aggressive.

Welcome Mr. Friedman, looking forward to the AMA and thank you!
edit on 10-3-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS sir.

I would like to ask for your opinion on the theory that there may have been technology acquired from the Roswell crash and I would also like to know if you know the names of those on the Majestic 12 committee.

Lastly, have you heard the claims of Dan Burish and does he play a role in the Roswell/Majestic scene?

Thanks for you time and good luck!

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Hi Stan, what is your at least close to final conclusion about all UFO phenomena, and what is your personal most interesting case ?

link   

Welcome to ATS sir,

I have a question if I may. Do you have any peer reviewed and scientific proof of extra-terrestrial life having visited earth? [outside of 1991 VG, of course]

edit on 10-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

link   

Thank You for joining us on ATS. It is an honor to have you here.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hello!

What are your thoughts on Keshe Foundation?

link   
Me. Friedman,

You are my favorite researcher in the field. Your have brought so much credibility to this field, and I thank you for your incredible contributions!

I am convinced that Roswell was an extraterrestrial crash, in no small part to your work. However, I would have liked to have seen more cooperation, and less fighting among the UFO researchers in this case.

Do you think Roswell may have been really broke open, for the masses, with greater cooperation amongst researchers?

edit on 10-3-2014 by Jchristopher5 because: Correction

link   
Welcome to ATS

Love to see your input in writing!

We met about 8 years ago, while you were out walking in Fredericton New Brunswick.

Cheers mate!

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Good morning Mr Freidman,
Can you point me towards those five large studies of which only 2% of you audience is aware? That is the kind of thing we are most interested in here on ATS (above top secret) the meat and potatoes of the story.
Is there one story or incident that has convinced you more than any others that these claims are true.
Where do you think they came from ?

link   
I am so happy you are here!

I hope you don't mind - I have tons of questions.
I'm not sure if they are in your area of expertise, but you may have come across the info in your travels.

Talk to us about the Chicago/Ohare incident. It was HUGE. What can you tell us about it? Do you have any sources that have given you information that we aren't aware of? How could something that big be covered up so fast? Are there any pics/videos that are being held that you know of ?? There were tons of pilots on the tarmac that day, are they talking? That kind of thing.

If Chicago happened, WHO do you think it was? There are many races that may be visiting here. Can you talk to us about how many visit and who visits most? How can we identify each of them? Do we know where they come from? Specifically? This dimension or other dimensions? Which planet/star systems?

Thank you for considering these questions.
I have more that I'll post separately so that I don't overwhelm you.

THANKS!!

link   
Welcome sir, what a honor. Do you think the US government will ever disclose what it knows about ufo's? Thank you sir!

link   
Hello my friend and thanks for talking to us here at ATS!

I'll be straight to the point.
My question is, what do you think about rumors of tunnels running underground throughout the U.S.? Like DIA airport, where there are quite a few sightings of craft that can't be explained. I have seen 2 my self living here. Do you think we might have the tech in our hands, and/or, are in cahoots with beings from somewhere else?
Again thank you for your insight. We all look forward to hearing from you.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I`ve grown bored of UFOlogy in the last years. Except when an authentic sounding voice such as yours speaks up. Thank you for taking the time for this community.

Question 1: How many officials and government employees might actually be in the know? What percentage are we talking about?

Question 2: Have you ever encountered even the slightest evidence that "they walk among us" (and not only FLY among us)?

Question 3: Would you consider "them" malevolent, benevolent or both?

Question 4: What is your position on man-made-flying-saucers?

I apologize for any ignorance of your work contained in my questions.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hello Mr.Friedman,welcome to ATS,i know this question maybe out of your knowledge but in your studies of UFOs have you ever heard the words Loka and Tala in reference to where UFOs might be coming from.I was reading in a release FBI file and these two words were mentioned

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join