It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turmeric (Vitamin T) Vs. World Disease

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Being Indian, we practically use tumeric in every dish we make. I know that whenever I get ill, my mum makes me drink tumeric (by mixing it with water or milk) - it's a well known "remedy" in the Indian culture.

Not only that, but you'll be able to find it within the Vedic Indian scriptures, dating back to 4,000 years ago, of how much importance it has to the health of human beings.

Might be worth looking into the past to progress into the future.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You can buy tumeric tubers via mail order in Australia ( from the Diggers Club) and I'm certain taking fresh tumeric would be superior to the dried powdered version.

Now I have a reason to grow it

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Great thread. Thank you for posting. I found a medical study a while back on tumeric. Its effects (bioavailability) can be enhanced by piperine. Piperine is an extract from common peppercorns. The purest extract is oil of piperine. Here is the medical study:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Abstract The medicinal properties of curcumin obtained from Curcuma longa L. cannot be utilised because of poor bioavailability due to its rapid metabolism in the liver and intestinal wall. In this study, the effect of combining piperine, a known inhibitor of hepatic and intestinal glucuronidation, was evaluated on the bioavailability of curcumin in rats and healthy human volunteers.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Super Simple Way of Consuming Turmeric every day:

- Boil 1 cup milk (for 1 person), add a quarter spoon of turmeric and sugar (to taste) and stir well. Enjoy your drink. Tastes Yummy and good for health. Have this twice a day.

Where to buy:
- Please do NOT take it as capsules, these big bastards can mix rogue components along with turmeric. Go to 'any' Indian Grocery Store and get it off the shelf. All turmeric and other spices exported from India are of good quality, so you are sure to get good quality stuff.

-- Also for additional good health - Have 'Ashwagandha' on a daily basis. (Ashwagandha is good to relieve stress - that is the mostly claimed effect. However, it does help you in 1000s of health problems. These are available as capsules, but please buy 'Ashwagandha Churna or Ashwagandha Curnam' (Churna - powder) from online stores or get it from Indian friend and have 3 to 5 grams a day with Milk and Sugar.

Cost of Ashwagandha - In India, it normally costs Rs.1000/Kilo (Around 17 USD). Outside India, it should cost nearly double or triple (depending on shipping etc.,). So, don't spend a fortune to buy a 10 gram pack. (FYI)

With Turmeric and Ashwagandha, you beat all problems related to your physical body health and age. Live longer, healthier and happy.
edit on 10-3-2014 by ramtheprince because: FYI - Don't spend lot of money for these simple things:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Tip: buy your own capsules.
and put in the Turmeric
and whatever you like.
then you know its safe!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
great post.... just wanted to mark this so i can ready later.....S&F

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Turmeric is a bit harsh all by itself, it's easy to over use when cooking, but it's an ingredient in yellow curry powder which is good in almost everything, without a doubt soups and sauces.

I use it all the time. You can buy it in any grocery store spice section. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cynthius

Oh,Blimey....looks like work.

I'll try and look it up,it was mentioned in a bodybuilding magazine....I wish to stress that I'd previously given myself white poo syndrome using heaps of pro-hormones as well.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I've been taking it off and on for years. It is an amazing herb.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Great thread!

I recently suffered from a shoulder injury falling on ice. Tried 8 sessions of acupuncture but the pain barely improved. At one point I could have barely lifted my right arm. It is 80% better now. A relative suggested I try Ashwagandha. I did some research and found that Curcumin with Bioperine a more comprehensive bet to fight against a shoulder injury and inflammation.

Curcumin is actually tumeric. I am now on Day 2 so will report progress in several weeks.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

You got my first flag!

You can usually buy the turmeric root at grocery stores, definitely in an "Indian Grocery Store", or "asian". Ginger has some pretty great effects also, and they go good together in tea with lemon.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I'm having my first cup of turmeric tea w/a little honey...it is delicious. I just used a 1/4 teaspoon and a mug full of hot water, stirred with honey and it is great...I may do this every night. Thanks S and F!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Sounds interesting. Too bad we are allergic to it.

Nasty thing to be allergic to.

Cool info though.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

cynthius
reply to post by olaru12

What is ACVH? I can't find it on-line?

Apple cider vinegar and honey.
edit on 4723113amWednesdayf23Wed, 12 Mar 2014 11:23:47 -0500America/Chicago by signalfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I never cared much for the flavor of curry. After reading all the posts and the problems of absorption, I did a little experiment. I have a piece of multigrain toast every morning, the only bread I eat as a rule. I mixed a tablespoon of softened butter, 1 capsule of Turmeric, two poked and squeezed capsules of garlic oil (the smelly kind), 1/4 t ground ginger, a large sprinkling black pepper. I mixed all until smooth and spread it on my toast. It was delicious and didn't taste too strong of any one flavor.

It should be absorbed easily with the mix of oils. I am going to start taking this to help with my blood pressure and overall good health.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Iggy. Thanks. Started taking Tumeric Supreme from Gaia (they didn't have Curamin, which I've ordered) on Mar 10 and haven't had to take Advil for three days. We'll see if this keeps up.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
They are not very tasty in raw root form, however, the roots can be sliced and simmered with other spices into a curry. Yummmm!

Believing most vegetables are best eaten raw, we buy a small package of the roots (they sell them at Sprouts, a health food store chain) and blend them into our smoothies every morning. (Sprouts has them right next to the ginger roots.)

Also, because they are roots, you can grow them easily enough in a warm climate. I planted a few roots and every year I have turmeric plants. I have not dug them up to harvest more roots yet because they they don't seem to be ready for propagation/dividing/harvest and I don't wish to disturb the roots until I am sure they are ready to be divided. If you do plant the roots, be advised that they do not come up until the weather is very warm in May or June, so don't give up on them just because they don't seem to be doing anything.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Great thread and replies!

I am posing a question, so anyone with experience, please chime in.

I love curry in Thai, and Indian foods (as well as other spicy foods), but it doesn't seem to like me back. :-(

Since pregnancies, it seems to result in heartburn type symptoms with me.

Does anyone think the capsules would have the same effect?

I would love to reap the benefits of turmeric, but should I just ditch the idea?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by watchesfromwall

The capsules are actually calming my stomach, which was an unexpected side effect. So maybe it's something else in the food that is not liking you back?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

~Lucidity
reply to post by watchesfromwall

The capsules are actually calming my stomach, which was an unexpected side effect. So maybe it's something else in the food that is not liking you back?

Well that's good news that the capsules calm your stomach. : )

Ever since pregnancies, I'm just super sensitive to anything spicy, curry, jalapeños, you name it. I crave them, indulge and then pay for it, lolz.

Thanks for letting me know - I've been doing so research and if I find anything notable, I'll post back here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join