It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turmeric (Vitamin T) Vs. World Disease

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by watchesfromwall

You'll want to start watching the pH of the foods, ad try to balance. I live on super-hot + super-spicy foods, plus tons of citrus exotic etc. Sometimes I bemoan the possibility that one day my guts would consistently be troubled over this lifestyle. And considering I'd be losing the health benefits of this diet, it'd be worth it to me to start buying stuff like Tums or Prevacid if that's what it takes.

But more on point: if the raw or powdered forms bother you you could try getting the pure curcumin.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I started taking it 6 days ago for inflammation in a leg wound that hasn't healed after almost 3 years of "western medicine". I think the skin is starting to look slightly less red...I do hope it continues.

Has anyone else noticed more vivid dreams since starting the regimen? I've been sleeping well, and waking incredibly refreshed, but the dreams have been insane! Small price to pay though - even if Tumeric is the cause.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Iggy. Thanks. Started taking Tumeric Supreme from Gaia (they didn't have Curamin, which I've ordered) on Mar 10 and haven't had to take Advil for three days. We'll see if this keeps up.

Hi, I just now found this thread, so I hope you see my post here:

I have been taking the "Turmeric Supreme" from Gaia for over a month now and haven't experienced any noticeable difference in my pain -

- How much were you taking while you were on it, and did the "Curamin" turn out to be better? And if so, how much are you taking of it?

Thank you!

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I'm taking Niacinamide 1500mg, L-lysine 1000mg, and viva labs circumin daily. I haven't noticed much difference after a few days taking this combo, a slight headache upon waking up which stopped when I lowered the Niacinamide dose a bit.

I still have some fatigue from a cold/flu like illness that knocked me out for over a month.

I've been putting colloidal silver in a ultrasonic humidifier to sanitize rooms, breath it in etc.

Prior to getting sick I was eating well/working out regularly but not really supplementing.

www.distance-healer.com...

'ctrl+f' any topic you are curious about. ^^

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Curcumin (thought to be the most active ingredient in Turmeric), is weakly absorbed without Piperine (black pepper).

I use a curry spice mix which has both in them, and dash on some extra black pepper, just cause.

The other power spice I use daily is cinnamon.

Oatmeal with cinnamon every morning, and some sort of dinner with Curry spice mix every afternoon and/or evening.

You might want to do another thread on cinnamon once you get the chance.

Pretty amazing as well.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I've been unable to find any info on necessary doses of pepper for circumin absorption. Do you have any references? Thanks

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: zardust

Nope. I don't think this is an exact science. I dash in some black pepper after dumping on some curry mix. I mean, if you over do it with black pepper you're going to sneeze out your food. That's too much! Dial it back a notch.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: PraiseTheHighestOne

All I can comment about is the curcumin.
Curcumin has a very low absorption rate....like 10%.
articles.mercola.com...#!

To boost it, I have begun to supplement the curcumin capsules with 5mg of bioperine [black pepper]
[I found a 10mg dose from Source Naturals, and split them in half.]
www.digitalnaturopath.com...
[ CAUTION!!!!!!! Bioperine also enhances other supplements.....please read the above link...I would not take the Niacinamide with the bioperine!!!!!!!
I would also exercise care in taking any fat soluble vitamins with bioperine....and not take more than 10 mg of bioperine per day.]

When I use turmeric in foods, I also liberally add black pepper.

The bottle directions for one brand of curcumin also say to use with meals containing fat.
edit on Sat Jul 12 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I just had a big Ahhh Ha! Moment with all this. I am big on natural remedies, and have been learning so much lately. I found it interesting that different witch tales are just cool stories telling non geeks how to find what they need to make themselves better. So not that a specific tree was sacred on a certain night for whatever reason, (not that its not sacred not meaning to step on any toes) But the leaves, bark or what grows under it during that time of year is beneficial for different things and needs to be harvested during that time period.

Anyway back on track... Growing up, the women canned all their veggies from their garden. When ever we were sick - not stomach flu but everything else it seemed - we ate pickles. Always thought it was foolishness (because teens are generally smarter than their elders HA) even though they really did make me feel better. As I got older Grandma passed away, Mom was too busy working to try to support herself when Dad left and obviously I was not canning either. Store bought everything. Store bought pickles didn't work the same. Now, I'm getting ready to can for the first time ever and my garden has been more than kind. Broke out my recipes for pickles and one of the spices found in ALL of the recipes... Turmeric. Hmm maybe THAT is why their pickles always worked.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Hey question for you. I've started taking a tumeric supplement and I totally feel a positive difference. General inflamation over my entire body is gone. And something going on with my stomach had reduced a lot. It works.

My question is regarding the black pepper. The pill I take mixes it with some sort of cayanne, or serrano like pepper. DO you think thats close enough to black pepper to aid in the absorbtion? It's a high quality pill, and it does seem to work, but hey you know, anything can do to make it work better.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I think that is about the same as what the bioperine does....bioperine is just a trademarked black pepper extract bioperine.com...
www.raysahelian.com...

From what I have read, there something in piperine that increases absportion of certain nutrients. www.livestrong.com...
I don't know how much of it is in other peppers....send me a link to what you take and I'll see what I can find out, if you like

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Now I know why I've always craved peppers of all sorts ever since I was a kid. To me they make every meal more savory. Well ok most meals. Maybe not so good on my cereal.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
New Chapter makes a supplement called Tumeric Force. I haven't used it specifically but I swear by a few of their other products..like Zyflamend and Ginger Force.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Curcumin is supposed to be good for glaucoma.

Looks like MSM is even looking into it

Additionally, a pilot study of Curcumin and phospholipids on glaucoma patients has shown that it slows disease progression.

www.oteurope.com...

more
www.turmericforhealth.com...
www.fiteyes.com...

The reason I bring this up...I started taking curcumin with 5mg bioperine twice a day about 2 weeks ago.
Went to the eye doct Friday and my pressure reading were the lowest hey have been in years.
Didn't strike me at the time, but I came home and looked it up....
We'll see what the readings look like next time.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join