It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Putin about to blink?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You guys give WAY too much love to Pootin. It's a little silly. He was kept under control by Bush for years. Under obama, he sees a coward, and he's testing how far the world will let him flex his muscles. Russia is no longer a world power, and hasn't been since the fall of the Soviet state. Pootin is wanting to get back on the world stage without ticking off China or the EU. He knows his options are limited though. His "diplomatic" overtures are due to him realizing he has pushed the world to the edge of them pushing back.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BeliefInReality

Adds another ATS Hash mark, this one for a lover of Putin...

edit on 9-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
For Putin I'm sure the propect of diplomacy with the Obama administration is very amusing. Also could be a great way to both test their resolve, and to buy time.

Let's hope he does blink for real.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

SLAYER69

What possible diplomatic solution? How can this possibly end that way and in what form? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this come to a peaceful solution, But what shape will this look like? How do you think this will play out?

Crimea staying in Russian hands while the rest of Ukraine goes with the West? I seriously doubt Russia will give up their bases in the Crimea, is Putin simply stalling while he consolidates Russia's hold?

Thoughts on what scenarios may play out for this possible 'diplomatic Solution'
edit on 9-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

The diplomatic solution will be Russia get Crimea, by election, in a week.

Other countries will huff and puff, and threaten to blow his house down, but nothing will happen. I don't think he cares less about the rest of Ukraine. Only Crimea.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

maxzen2004

This is just another example that communism doesn't work, only the common people will suffer.

Sounds like capitalism too.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I'll do it for you... #PootLover

You're welcome

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Let's hope he does blink for real.

Why? I hope he doesn't blink in this case. Personally I'm really tired of US backed coups, destabilization of foreign governments and general imperialistic behavior, especially in this case.

Someone needs to stand up and say "Enough is enough!"

We have enough problems here in the US, let's try focusing on those issues for once.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

There's only one thing wrong with that comic. Obama isn't playing braindead. He IS braindead.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The widespread love affair with Putin will end badly, his massive ego (even greater than king Obama's) will take over, he will lose the plot, go off script and show his true colors.

Just a matter of time.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Putin will go "off script?" You mean as opposed to the western style script? What would you have done if a democratic government was overthrown on your doorstep and replaced with hostiles?

The forbidden truth is that the West has engineered –through a carefully staged covert operation– the formation of a proxy regime integrated by Neo-Nazis.

Confirmed by Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland, key organizations in the Ukraine including the Neo-Nazi party Svoboda were generously supported by Washington
The U.S. has Installed a Neo-Nazi Government in Ukraine

Maybe we need another tag to go with the first: #NeoNaziNeoConLove

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Pootin may be a jackhole, but he's not an idiot. He knows his country is still backwards, and second world, compared to the West. He'll back down as soon as he has squoze as much political leverage as he can squeeze from this lemon.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Putin will blink when he is told to blink.........just like any other world leader in this insane world of control by the elite's, its there board, its there game and it will be there ending.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by FlyersFan

reply to post by Bassago

You two seem to be giving the impression Russia may take the whole of the Ukraine?

Not whole Ukraine but Crimea as a permanent Russian territory plus Eastern Ukraine as an independent nation providing Russia with a buffer from NATO. That makes much more sense than fighting a guerrilla war in a hostile territory.
edit on 9-3-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
For certain individuals, who need it badly: owl.english.purdue.edu...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

#PutinLovers

He be blinking soon. In a saving-face kind of way of course.
edit on 3/9/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

The only way putin would blink is if a bird # in his eye....and thats a maybe...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
He HAVE to blink.

Diplomatic solution is to keep Ukraine "free" and under the bear paw.
If it fail, Ukraine will be under the circle of stars. No more under his influence.

He HAVE to blink. The troop in Crimea are backup if the talk fail.

Now after thinking a while....
Damn this guy advisors are good. They act so fast and so cunning, I wonder if they already anticipate this.
Saddam should learn from the Russians. These guys are really good strategist.

edit on 9-3-2014 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Quite a blink...
Just from news.. Russians are sinking some of their ships in Crimea so there will be a blockade and ukrainian fleet cannot escape to black sea..

Putin doesn´t have expressions.. it makes it harder to pentagon to study his body language and behaviour ..sure he can blink
edit on 9-3-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

Is that all you got

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join