It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Putin about to blink?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Will NATO trot out a Neville Chamberlain look-a-like, as well? I'm pretty certain that Putin is committed to war, and he doesn't really care what the West does...he's just looking to see how much he can get away with before he has to commit troops to battle. At this point, he will say and do anything, just to keep the newly acquired land rolling in...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Catacomb

Will NATO trot out a Neville Chamberlain look-a-like, as well? I'm pretty certain that Putin is committed to war, and he doesn't really care what the West does...he's just looking to see how much he can get away with before he has to commit troops to battle. At this point, he will say and do anything, just to keep the newly acquired land rolling in...

This is spot on, congratulations !!!

Yesterday I read an article by some higher think tank (Russian ofcourse) and he also mentioned that to keep Ukraine out of NATO, Russia will go to war using nukes at some stage. No looking back from here. Russia does not want to capture Ukraine only keep it out of NATO. If Kiev does not understand this then they risk splitting Ukraine into East and West.

It is NATO that is testing Russia's patience. This soup is serious !!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Putin is not blinking.............

voiceofrussia.com...

President Vladimir Putin held talks by telephone with British Prime Minister David Cameron and German Chancellor Angela Merkel, the Kremlin press service reported on Sunday.

"Putin made a point that the steps being taken by the legitimate Crimean authorities are based on international law and aim to protect the legitimate interests of the population of the Crimea," the press service said.

"The Russian president also said that the current Ukrainian authorities are doing nothing to curb the ultra-nationalist and radical forces' outrages committed in Kyiv and many other regions," the Kremlin press service said.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Crimea has been Russian territory for quite a long time. Some other parts of Ukraine, which previously belonged to Russia, were attached to Ukraine by Bolsheviks. You will hardly meet a person speaking Ukrainian in Donetsk region, and you will hardly meet a person speaking Russian in Lviv region. The modern history of Ukraine as an independent country is close to zero. They are not interested in building a really independent sovereign state. Parts of the country simply want to join either E.U. or Russia. If Russia comes to western territories, it will mean oppression of local population. If E.U./NATO comes to eastern territories, it will mean oppression in the very same sense. There is very little that can be done to keep this country together when historical figures who are seen as heros in the western part are viewed as anti-heros in the eastern part. These are two completely different civilizations made to live together within single country. So they will either split or live in a very loose federation. Which of these options will finally win is hard to tell. But as a unitary state Ukraine is hardly sustainable, and recent events only emphasize this observation.
edit on 9-3-2014 by mrkeen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mrkeen

Nonsense. Crimea is a Ukraine territory. It is an autonomous parliamentary republic, governed by it's own constitution in accordance with the laws of Ukraine. It is like saying that the fingers do not belong in the glove that is on the hand.

When the soviets slaughtered Belarus, they screwed with their language as well, forbidding it to be used. Belarus has about 5 versions of scrambled language, all because of soviet terrorizing. Recently they try to organize their shattered language back to a coherent, original form. You cannot blame a sovereign state for failure because some godless punk put bullets in the head of those who held on to their tongue under invasion. Using the 'Russian speaking' demographic as a reason why you think Ukraine should lose one inch of territory is like blaming a goldfish for not being whole, after being put in a blender.

I can only imagine where your bias is coming from.

This must be a street fight. No media source is capable of telling a shred of truth. If 'nazis' were responsible for anything, the zionist controlled media would have screamed this from every TV set in the world.

Tell me why they haven't done this?
Is it because even amerikans have seen enough of this zionist information gathering wet dream come to pass?
Is it because they are afraid it will get world approval?

It wouldn't be the first time.

Maybe the Ukrainians have had enough. Maybe the Ukrainians don't want spying and talking streetlights, and dog collars camouflaged as telephones, and drones with hit lists and inconceivably advanced facial recognition systems.

# 198
edit on 9-3-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Catacomb

They already have one. His name is Barack Obama.

Putin doesn't need to blink, and if he appears to, it's merely because he already has or knows exactly how to get everything he wants from this for the time being. He'll sacrifice the pawn to maneuver in a queen or bishop or some other, more important piece.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thewhiteknight

Svoboda, Right Sector type groups are being used by Jewish NeoCons right now.

All roads to Moscow go through Kiev.

Putin knows this and WILL NOT let it happen.

Maybe the Ukrainians have had enough. Maybe the Ukrainians don't want spying and talking streetlights, and dog collars camouflaged as telephones, and drones with hit lists and inconceivably advanced facial recognition systems.

It is the faltering economy, corruption, crime that Uks are sick of. They think economic prospects are better with EU and they would be happy to leave and sweep streets and be maids and prostitutes in Berlin and Paris once Ukraine is in EU.

There is no Police State in Ukraine like you mentioned. They will take Police State anytime over hunger, prostitution and unemployment.

Russia is guarding its strategic interests vrs EU/NATO in Ukraine. No Love for Uks here. They can go to hell.
edit on 9-3-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

There is no Police State in Ukraine like you mentioned. They will take Police State anytime over hunger, prostitution and unemployment.

There will be, if the smartest and most fit to run things so much as change lightbulbs.

Have you been to L'Amerika lately?

This really kills me. As if we can do anything for them. All we offer is technofascism on a stick, ready to install.

I refuse to believe that Ukrainians actually desire this, nor would tolerate it.

I refuse to believe that the referendum is anything but a courtroom trick. Just another brace of 'lawyers' putting forth a question the answer of which is already known.

Many believe that the referendum is simply saying 'do you want to be swept up by russia now, or later?'

How about we get the group who began this ruse, and ask if they want their left ball, or right one, chewed off?

Stalin said he doesn't care who votes or how they vote. All that matters is who counts them.

That is why amerika is smoldering in spiritual ruin.

# 199

edit on 10-3-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I thought this would be an interesting discussion

Thanks for all who participated.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Restricted
Anyone who thinks Putin blinks is nuts. He's hard-line KGB.

I don't care who this offends -

I think Putin is probably harder than CHUCK NORRIS...#putinlooover

He's talking softly, and in the hand he isn't offering to the west...he's carrying a very big stick.
edit on AM1Mon20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join