It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can BRAHMOS take on a super-carrier?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by poirot

Originally posted by swastikaBTH, we dont thing like our northern nabour , as USA as a threat, we have quiet good relation with usa and we are business partners.

just a side note, your trade with US is way smaller than China-US trade

There is no chance of any indo-us conflict .

obviously, you would be erased from the map in a blink

The same stands for u also.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Sure why don't you try??!!....you tried in 1971, but the US chickened out because the Russians weren't very happy about that notion...

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Sure why don't you try??!!....you tried in 1971, but the US chickened out because the Russians weren't very happy about that notion...

1971 is old skoool. try doing something naughty stuff on president bush today and your sorry a$$ nation will be smokin'

[edit on 25-11-2004 by santigwar]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
well, to be honest. India is being ignored by the US because it is not viewed as a strong contender for its hegemony in the world, unlike China and Russia. This is honest truth.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkssss
well, to be honest. India is being ignored by the US because it is not viewed as a strong contender for its hegemony in the world, unlike China and Russia. This is honest truth.

INDO-US relation is not very similar as the US-CHINA/ US-RUSSIA relation.
That not necessarily means usa ignores INDIA. But the truth is, US likes to have INDIA as its friend.
Yes, INDIA does not pose threat to USA,
so it even may think less of it.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
wrong, you are taking yet another bhai, bhai view which is so prevalent among you people. There is no permanent friends; there is only permanent interest. Do you think that India and US have more natural affinity than France and US? If they feel threatened ever by india, they will work on you guys like they do on China and Russia, no doubt. This is the naturae of the only superpower today.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkssss
wrong, you are taking yet another bhai, bhai view which is so prevalent among you people. There is no permanent friends; there is only permanent interest. Do you think that India and US have more natural affinity than France and US? If they feel threatened ever by india, they will work on you guys like they do on China and Russia, no doubt. This is the naturae of the only superpower today.

Everything is changable with time & situation, right now it is ok.
BTW agreed.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I don' t like the Indians having this 'bramhos' with them. Makes them too unpredictable. Remember the time when they did 5 nuke tests under our noses and we learnt it from the BBC first that was major underestimation on our part!
Also if these guys have the super sonic cruise missile which they "jointly" developed with the russians it would mean that they know how to use it as well.
Actually the US considers India as quite a potent force in south east asia and also the Indian navy is only the second most powerful navy in the Indian ocean after the USN which has a base at Diego Garcia just south of India.
Here's a picture of the Indian Brahmos(spelt it wrong the last time!)

Does this look like a cruise missile that can be launched off an airplane?Its huge!
Also the russians have supposedly only developed a 300km range missile for the Indians- I can bet these guys have increased the range to atleast 1000km !
Thats dangerous even if it flies high and can be tracked easily!

This looks very much like the russian "bastion" in the Onyx class of missiles .

I reserched a bit and found out that the Indians only produce the guidence system while the russians produce the actuall rockets themselves! www.translate.ru... va%2Eru%2Frussia%2Fchelomei%2Fp%2F800%2Fbrahmos%2Fbrahmos%2Ehtm
Couldn't understand much from the link as most of the stuff is in russian even after translation!

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
One thousand kilometer range ha
Thats quite a lot of fuel that the missile have to carry and plus the explosives.......They'll need to extend the missile length by another meter or two therefore putting more RCS and will therefore get detected even faster. There are too many things that will make Brahmos uneffective if it was to have a 1000KM range.

PS. With the extra length it needs to add to have a 1000 KM range, it'll never EVER be launched by a fighter.

[edit on 25-11-2004 by COWlan]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If ever constructed the 1000km range missile wont be launched from an aircraft, but the rocket fuel required would be lesser than a normal missile IMHO because of the nose ramjet engine...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
there aren't friends in politics... it's just a matter of interest. GB, know as a "friend" of US was once they enemy
India isn't considered a threat just because they are too weak

this swastika guy is flooding this forum with stupid topics on "new" Indian developments... your country *****... seriously

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   

there aren't friends in politics... it's just a matter of interest. GB, know as a "friend" of US was once they enemy
India isn't considered a threat just because they are too weak

this swastika guy is flooding this forum with stupid topics on "new" Indian developments... your country *****... seriously

INDIA is developing in its own way.

BTW ur **** remarks reveals ur frustration and jealousy and nothing else.

boy, back to school and study something before posting.

[edit on 26-11-2004 by swastika]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Btw..although i agree Swastika is kind of flooding the forum..I think what sucks is your attitude dude..You sound almost ignorant..pompous..arrogant..sad...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Btw..although i agree Swastika is kind of flooding the forum..I think what sucks is your attitude dude..You sound almost ignorant..pompous..arrogant..sad...

Oh #, leave these hell things and come on constructive discussion.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
uhum! leave the hostilities now. poirot is right swastika, forum already is flooded with your "INDIA is developing in its own way topics". maybe you could cool it down and just reply to the threads not making topics

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by swastika

Oh #, leave these hell things and come on constructive discussion.

btw I was talking about poirot and not you Swastika..

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:06 AM
link   

At the last phase of flight it has a sea-skimming role.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by swastika

At the last phase of flight it has a sea-skimming role.

Which makes it vulnerable at boost phase but dangerous in terminal.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Guess what everybody, the sniping and generally poor behavior need to stop. Big quotes, one line responces, off topic attacks, my country will destroy yours and the like need to stop. So lets get back to the topic at hand shall we.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
How long does it take the evolved sea sparrow to acquire a lock?
Also What is the range of the phalanx and goalkeeper?
Because the missile if travellng at Mach 3, thats approx 1km/s, i.e. 3600kmph, then its medium range(lets not take max) of 200km will be traversed in a exactly 3.333minutes...Is that enought time for Sea Wolf to acquire a lock?Considernig that fact the initial stage is not supersonic, lets round of time to 4 minutes. That means that subsonic locking can only bea achieved at boost stage which in the worst cass scenario for the missile cannot be more than 30 secs...Enough time to acquire lock?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join