It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 309
<< 306  307  308    310  311  312 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlieSpeirs

His wife and kids moved out the day before the flight.
The Malaysian authorities did a short interview at the beginning, but apparently haven't even attempted to speak to them since.
If this turns out to be the case, Malaysia is going to suffer big time.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Here

The Inmarsat system in question was attached to a monitor system for the engines. Once an hour the satellite sends a signal to see off the aircraft is attached to the network. As long as the aircraft has power then it responds to the signal, which tells the satellite to ping again in an hour.

Under normal conditions, when the ACARS system is operating, there is data involved, including the health of both the aircraft, and engines. If a problem develops, the system tries to contact the satellite to send the data about the problem.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I have posted data quite often here on the sat stuff but some recap. The sat system is used by ACARS and other systems. The sat is checking with the plane to see if it is still in possible need of comm. The plane only acknowledge the keep alive each hour from the sat. It was not sending data (ACARS wasn't working)

The partial ping...

Investigators revealed that eight minutes after the last complete transmission from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, there was a "partial ping" from the aircraft that could help unravel what happened to the missing jet before it stopped flying.

The final partial transmission from the missing Boeing Co. 777-200ER, which disappeared from civilian radar on March 8, "originates with the aircraft for reasons not understood," said Chris McLaughlin, senior vice president of Inmarsat, which operates the satellite.

The company is investigating the partial ping—or digital handshake between the jet and the satellite—as "a failed login" to its satellite network or as a "potential attempt by the system [aboard the aircraft] to reset itself," Mr. McLaughlin said.

The cause of the partial ping could have several possible explanations, he added, but that human interaction with the satellite communications system had been ruled out.

"We're not looking at this [partial ping] as someone trying to turn on the system and communicate," he said.

Link

edit on 3/26/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth
For me this explanation is the most plausible and most likely to have happened. The pilot was on a suicide mission, switched off the comms, turned the plane, knocked out the PAX, crew and himself, probably by altitude, then the plane flew on using autopilot until it ran out of fuel. More aviation investigation experts are agreeing on this.

How is that the most plausible explanation?

There's almost an infinite number of easier ways to kill yourself if that's your goal. A suicide mission as a pilot without a target to fly into makes little sense.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thank you!
So - sometimes it was the satellite pinging - and sometimes, the onboard L-band terminal initiated the ping.
Interesting that they say the final "partial ping" was between the aircraft and a 'ground station'.
I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to locate the former source (hope it wasn't just a dream) where it was claimed that each of the automated pings had come at 11 minutes after the hour...
This gives a much different rendition.
On the other hand - I find it odd that they are sticking to the "hard left" turn, rather than the "hard right" turn...

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
civpop, thank you so much for trying to help me in my search. The one you found was the person from the maritime accident that they had been looking for for awhile.

I put the word out I was looking for it again on another site and went to bed after going back through pages on here. I woke up to the link sent to me. I'd be happy except that it is sad if you know what I mean.

Maybe after you folks see this again you will remember it from before. I am not posting the picture out of respect.

Snippet:

Unidentified corpses in Meghna

Several dead bodies were floating in the Meghna river at island Upazila Hatia in Noakhali, local people say.

I know someone here went and tried to find this beach on a map and if I recall it was in the current drift area of the last known area of the plane as it headed west.

Source of Article

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

If the keep alive is once an hour and the first as at 11 after, then the next is 11 after, the 11 after, and so on...

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

roadgravel
...I have posted data quite often here on the sat stuff but some recap. ...

Yes. I am aware. Thanks.

The sat system is used by ACARS and other systems. The sat is checking with the plane to see if it is still in possible need of comm. The plane only acknowledge the keep alive each hour from the sat. It was not sending data (ACARS wasn't working)

What I am getting, then, is - two systems are using the same satellite communication device/channel...(?)
ACARS & Inmarsat
One for real data transmission - the other for verification of connectivity ... (?)
Seeing my reply to Zaphod, I now understand that the 'pings' were not initiated ONLY by the satellite, but, likewise, by the system aboard the aircraft...
Thus, I can understand how they would know of a final 'failed' ping (though they're seeming to try to take it a little further than 'ping' would suggest, by saying 'failed attempt at logon/login - for (possibily) reboot') had been initiated by the aircraft.
And thus, your & Zaphod's earlier answers might both work.
Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

ACARS is transmitting through Inmarsat. Inmarsat takes the ACARS takes the data and sends it to where it needs to go. The airline can receive the data, our it can go to Boeing. Engine data, in this case goes to Rolls Royce.

Inmarsat isn't a system, it's the company that does the data linking.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

I wonder why they moved out the night before the flight? I didn't know that the Malaysians had interviewed them. How did they appear and was it filmed? I just had a thought when I read your post.....Could they have been in a hostage situation? What a hold that would have on a pilot to do whoever's bidding. Like I said, I wasn't aware of any interview so maybe my mind is just working overtime.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I think the failed ping is a bit of a misnomer by WSJ. It most likely would be different than a keep alive (which they 'news' is calling a ping) but an attempt to connect to the sat.

edit:

the keep alive is from the sat, not the plane.

edit on 3/26/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

www.nydailynews.com...

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 pilot' in ‘no state of mind to be flying,’ says friend, as search for missing plane explores possible debris southwest of Australia
edit on 26-3-2014 by research100 because: added sentence

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I can understand the pilot being upset about his family all leaving him, and even him possibly being suicidal over the fact.

But it takes many magnitudes more of mental illness to subsequently become a mass murderer. "Yah he was sad, it makes sense that he'd kill 2XX people because his wife moved out".

C'mon.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

theabsolutetruth
The same report and photo's are on all the major media here in the UK so it is probably real.

I see, videos all over YouTube as well, thanks for the heads up...

Seems very odd that they saw this on Sunday but waited until today to announce it.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by research100

My gosh this is SO sad...

I cannot even imagine the grief that his wife must be going through right now.

Please say a prayer for Faizah Khan...

Capt. Zaharie Ahmad Shah was reportedly crushed that his wife had decided to move out and was also having problems with another woman with whom he was romantically involved, according to a friend, who is also a pilot. A new scenario for the plane’s disappearance is being investigated as 122 objects were spotted by a French satellite.

Malaysia Airlines pilot Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah — seen with his wife and kids — may have been 'rattled' by her decision to move out.

The pilot who was at the controls of missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 may have taken it on a “last joyride.”

Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah was “terribly upset” that his marriage with wife Faizah Khan was falling apart, a longtime friend told the New Zealand Herald newspaper Wednesday.

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 pilot' in ‘no state of mind to be flying,’ says friend

The associate believed the co-pilot must have been incapacitated and the other flight crew kept out of the cockpit.

The captain of Flight 370 was in no state of mind to fly the day it disappeared and could have taken the Boeing 777 for a "last joyride" before crashing into the Indian Ocean, a fellow pilot says.

Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah's world was crumbling, said the long-time associate. He had been facing serious family problems, including separation from his wife and relationship problems with another woman he was seeing.

The man, who spoke to the Herald on condition of anonymity, said Captain Zaharie was "terribly upset" when his wife told him she was leaving and believed he may have decided to take the Malaysia Airlines plane to a part of the world he had never flown in.

He guessed that Captain Zaharie may have considered the flight a "last joyride" - the chance to do things in a plane he had previously been able to do only on a simulator.

Military radar tracking showed the aircraft made a sharp turn soon after and started flying at altitudes as high as 45,000ft (13,716m) and as low as 12,000ft before it disappeared.

The associate believed the co-pilot must have been incapacitated and the other flight crew kept out of the cockpit.

"It is very possible that neither the passengers nor the other crew on-board knew what was happening until it was too late."

www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...

-- It follows reports the doomed flight climbed to 43,000ft moments before disappearing from radar

-- It stayed at that altitude for 23 minutes, but oxygen would have run out after just 12 minutes, rendering passengers and crew unconscious

"While his professional record appeared impeccable, Captain Zaharie's long-time friend said the pilot's personal life was in turmoil. He said his friend's relationships were breaking down, and while Zaharie was involved with another woman he was still devastated at his wife's decision to move out of their family home.

He said the troubled pilot could have seen MH370 as an opportunity to try high-risk maneuvers he'd perfected on his beloved flight simulator.

These shocking new claims follow reports that flight MH370 climbed to between 43,000 and 45,000ft shortly after the last voice communication from the cockpit of the plane.

But at this altitude, where the atmosphere drastically thins, it would take mere minutes if not seconds for hypoxia - a lack of oxygen - to set in if the cabin was manually depressurised by one of the pilots..."

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on MaruWed, 26 Mar 2014 15:14:12 -05003pm31Wed, 26 Mar 2014 15:14:12 -050020141426 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

ckhk3
This whole thing is just really odd to me. There is so much theories flying around in mass media that I believe some take a theoretical idea and somehow pass it off as fact, i.e. the plane making a sharp left before disappearing, there is no concrete evidence of this, there was a ping but it is said that they cannot identify it to this plane for sure. The facts are that the plane departed, there was the "allright, goodnight" then it disappeared. With all of our technological advances how can we not find this plane? China said that they have new satellite images, where are they? Turkey just shot down a Syrian plane, could this be related? Possible debris found off the coast of Australia, if the plane made a sharp left and heading West, how could the debris end up by Australia? It took years for debris from Fukushima to reach Hawaii, but it takes a couple or few days for debris to end up below Australia? Malaysia reports that all hope and lives are lost? How do they know this? None of this smells right and someone knows the truth!

Ya know, I'm sharing in this sentiment...

My top two strongest theories are that

1: Plane was hi-jacked and parked in a hidden hangar. Passengers were taken care of until ransom met, which never got met; thus passengers killed. This is why the Malaysian prime minister went ahead and stated that the families should go ahead and start grieving process. The ocean crash is just a cover-up

or

2: Plane was shot down during weapons testing or conflict with countries.

If

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Mikeultra

roadgravel
reply to post by Mikeultra

My thought is that they are preparing to do something and know the embassies would become targets. Of course that's just the paranoid view from me.

Well they did have the ex-Malaysian Air 777 serial # 28416 registration # 9M-MRI aka N105GT sitting at Ben Gurion Airport on 4/11/2013. Perhaps all the moves have been made, and their false flag attack is ready to be launched!

GA Telesis is on CNN right now talking about parts and black boxes.

They saw your posts!!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

CharlieSpeirs
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Any motive for this "suicide" or is it just more conjecture???

BTW...
If a suicide mission why change direction???

Why not keep it on course & depressurise the plane for the same outcome???

Way too far fetched... & a lack of motive & end game makes it even harder to believe!!!

They want to blame the Pilot & ignore everything they've told us so far that's points to everything else!!!

Peace TAT!

Hi Charlie!

If you go back a page, I think, you will see an article I posted concerning motive.

After that post, I also inserted an article including lawsuit/potential lawsuits against said "Authorities".

Point being, (and this isn't my theory, but someone else's, here on ATS or another forum) that the "Authorities" will TRY to come up with some diversion like hijacking or suicide to avoid litigation and scrutiny.

If someone here proposed this, call dibs!

I used to believe 1/2 of what I saw, and 1/4 of what I heard; these figures are diminishing exponentially now =-(

This whole debacle has become thick with layers -- more so than my homemade baklava or three-bean dip... or the thick, murky waters of the search.

Do you catch my drift???

Hope this helps! :-)

edit on 26-3-2014 by watchesfromwall because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2014 by watchesfromwall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Seek_Truth

Mikeultra

roadgravel
reply to post by Mikeultra

My thought is that they are preparing to do something and know the embassies would become targets. Of course that's just the paranoid view from me.

Well they did have the ex-Malaysian Air 777 serial # 28416 registration # 9M-MRI aka N105GT sitting at Ben Gurion Airport on 4/11/2013. Perhaps all the moves have been made, and their false flag attack is ready to be launched!

GA Telesis is on CNN right now talking about parts and black boxes.

They saw your posts!!

I missed it! What did they say? I was busy with some message problems... Check yours, I don't know what's going on. I wonder why GA Telesis is getting their mugs on TV. It must be part of the plan.
edit on 26-3-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Wow every day a new twist, every day a new angle. This is a conspirators dream. Unfortunately it is also a loved ones nightmare.

top topics

<< 306  307  308    310  311  312 >>

join