It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Spherical Object Detected on Asteroid 25143 Itokawa! JAXA images.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
A huge mysterious spherical object appear in the new images taken by Hayabusa JAXA Asteroid Explorer probe. What is this incredible object and from where it come? Perhaps Japan has dicovered an Alien object? Some investigators speak about "Extraterrestrial" outposts on some asteroids and moons of many planets of our solar system. Why has Japan visited this asteroid rather than many, many others? Perhaps Japan had previously observed that anomaly?

edit on 7-3-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It looks like it has spikes poking out of it.

Maybe the asteroid collided with a satellite from another planet's long dead civilization eons ago. (just a far out postulation)

PS... It doesn't look like a rock to me. Not a typical rock anyway.

edit on bu312014-03-07T10:51:53-06:0010America/ChicagoFri, 07 Mar 2014 10:51:53 -060010u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
So which image was taken first, the top one? The 2 pictures are obviously of the same exact area & angle of it, just differing in detail intensity, so explain why it doesn't exist in the much better detailed first image you posted.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Water ice, in space, water has its own gravity, so it forms a globe, I presume sometime in the past the asteroid was close enough to the sun for the water to melt, form a globe, then reformed into ice as the asteroid left the suns heat.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Nyiah
So which image was taken first, the top one? The 2 pictures are obviously of the same exact area & angle of it, just differing in detail intensity, so explain why it doesn't exist in the much better detailed first image you posted.

I'm still searching in Jaxa archive.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

at first I was thinking....ah great this will be a bs thread but that is impressive looking. Its so impressive it almost looks like photoshopped in....that is a really cool find arken...would love to hear some explanation on it....its just spherical and the spikes and it being out of one photo...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Looks like a big grey space hotdog...

This has Greyface written all over it...

It is kinda fishy though. The bottom image looks like it has been run through some serious post-prod.

Kallisti

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It would suggest this spherical object was not part of this asteriod at one point, and was formed seperate. But looking at both pics, they look like the same angle, so something isnt right with these pics
edit on 7-3-2014 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

It would seem that the asteroid is rotated over the top toward the camera in the second picture. Enough so that the spherical object could have been on the dark side of the asteroid in the first picture. Notice the span of the flat plain at the horizon; it is much larger in the second picture.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Uggh yea why the same exact angle.. isn't it MOVING thru space?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Good find mate!
Looks like a giant seed or pollen particle...
Very odd-doesn't look like the rest of the rock does it?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Nyiah

Could they just be showing an enlarged view of this? Near where their probe landed...I think the video shows where it is.

Our scientists are talking about putting probes on asteroids to send them exploring, maybe someone else did the same.

Well looking at pictures of it, there are dome shapes all over and weird circles and that half circle at the left top, but this object is not any pictures I have found.
edit on 7-3-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Here is the explanation I found...

The apparent size of this object, considered to be too large to be the target marker, is only a very simple illusion: the thing seems posed on the asteroid, but it is only an effect of perspective; the probe in fact is just sent towards the asteroid, it is still close to the Hayabusa probe and not posed on the asteroid. On the following images, it naturally apparently "disappeared" since it is indeed too small to be spotted on the asteroid from this distance.

Hayabusa carried three of these small spheres, which are in fact simply inert reflective objects - hence the white aspect - with three fixation points, on which the probe can shoot a beam to obtain by telemetry its exact distance to the surface of the asteroid, for a correct automatic approach of its surface.

Hayabusa

Apparently this pic surfaced in 2006.

edit:

The probe thereafter succeeded in "landing" on the asteroid, unfortunately, the mission controllers think that the sampling operation did not function correctly. Even worse, some of the probe's thrusters seem to have been damaged during the operation, and the return to the Earth seems compromised.

edit on 7-3-2014 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It looks like the bottom pic is rotated by about 15 degrees . Look carefully at the position of the impact crater on the flanks. I would have thought the sphere would be present in both images though.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Nyiah
so explain why it doesn't exist in the much better detailed first image you posted.

photo shop!
need i say more. just look at the edges of the object and compare with what looks like rocks and boulders on the surfface. who ever did it didn't blend it in good, looks like something just laid on top.

my ten yr old nephew could do a better job.
edit on 7-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
According to this article,

The spacecraft is thought to have successfully landed a "target marker" - a small metal ball - on Itokawa

And NBC News,

Imagery taken by Hayabusa was used to select a touchdown location on asteroid Itokawa. One newly released image shows the shadow of the spacecraft cast upon the asteroid’s surface.

Look closely at the sphere. It is NOT on the surface of the asteroid. It is between the camera and the asteroid.
edit on 7-3-2014 by lemmin because: Clarification

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Wow! I saved the picture and I previewed it in ms fax viewer and zoomed in on the anomalous area and took a screen grab which I have cropped and uploaded to ATS.

And here is what it looks like to me [purely speculative at face value assessment ok] ...

Look highly suspicious to me due to the 'bridge' missing a corresponding shadow and the weird shadow on the dome!

However it may be the roof of an exposed tunnel!

The entire thing reminds me of a telescope dome complex!

Does anyone else agree?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

Very good Theory. Scientists speculated on a similiar theory regarding its known sinkholes. I would imagine that this may very well disappear as the gases release and then collapses into a sink.

25143 (Itokawa) has a number of areas on the surface that appear to be hydrological sinks. These hydrological sinks are surprising in on an asteroid, which is not somewhere we would expect to find water, but are attributed to the former presence of ice. It is thought that the asteroid may have formed further out in the solar system, where chunks of ice (not necessarily water ice) were incorporated into its makeup. At some point it was shifted onto its current orbit, where it passes closer to the sun. This caused the asteroid to heat up, and the ice to sublimate (turn directly from a solid to a gas) in a similar way to material evaporating from the surface of a comet. After this happened the loose rocky material covering the new void subsided forming a sinkhole.

You can find out more details and info links HERE.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ZonedOut

the asteroid is 540 meters long...your "tower" is more like a shed...an outhouse.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join