It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Spherical Object Detected on Asteroid 25143 Itokawa! JAXA images.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
How embarrassing someone took a picture of the pimple on the asteroid's "asteroid".

Other wise I have no idea what that could be

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well AndyMayhew has shown us the error of our belief's on this one.

edit on 7-3-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
There is other interesting stuff about this asteroid. It is deemed to be much more dense in the area of interest in this thread right to the smooth area, and beyond that much less dense. It seems this a coming together of differing material..it might even explain the peanut shape. Who knows, it might even be another candidate for disintegration at some time.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

As has been said already this is almost like a giant Sputnik and even has the antenna,
Actually, it's more like a tiny Sputnik but it isn't a satellite and those are not antennae.

Judging from the two image comparison it passed between the Japanese probe and the Asteroid so with the Sputnik thought could it be a more recent soviet probe?.
No. It came from the Japanese spacecraft.
www.jaxa.jp...

edit on 3/7/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah I have just erased my earlier comment after reading andymayhew's one, Teach me a lesson there letting my innate belief lead me by the nose, still it did look like sputnik, I would call that a Rodney moment for myself (Rodney you Plonker from only fool's and horses if you have ever seen it).

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Interstellar Epcot Center?

Proof that Walt Disney is/was indeed a member of an alien race?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Yeah...definitely the reflector dome on its way to the asteroid.

Why do they need a reflector dome with so many bright rocks to aim at though?
edit on 7-3-2014 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I hoped it was geodesic space dome, and that there were people down there that midnight dome parties:

inhabitat.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
What is interesting isn't the actual target probe, but how quickly people dismissed it as photoshopped.. to the point that their nephew could do a better job.. and someone else comes up with an elaborate diagram of an object with a bridge, tower, and so on. Just proof positive that for a site that supposedly denies ignorance and chases the truth, how unreliable most of the posters are. If you looked at that and immediately decided photoshop.. please refrain from posting your opinions in UFO threads. It's obvious your biased, skeptic attitude isn't worth a hill of beans.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

fleabit
What is interesting isn't the actual target probe, but how quickly people dismissed it as photoshopped.. to the point that their nephew could do a better job.. and someone else comes up with an elaborate diagram of an object with a bridge, tower, and so on. Just proof positive that for a site that supposedly denies ignorance and chases the truth, how unreliable most of the posters are. If you looked at that and immediately decided photoshop.. please refrain from posting your opinions in UFO threads. It's obvious your biased, skeptic attitude isn't worth a hill of beans.

looks pretty close to me.
and i emailed my nephew and asked him to do it.

edit on Sat Mar 8 2014 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

looks pretty close to me.
and i emailed my nephew and asked him to do it.

Missing the point. An actual expert would be able to tell - this site is full of self-proclaimed "experts" who has done as much as you, and use that "expertise" to try and cement their superior "of course it's photoshopped' attitude.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Everybody relax. This is a great example of (ahem) ICE IN SPAAAACE!

Just like the earth has the shape of a sphere when allowed to accumulate its matter over billions of years, water in space does the same thing for the same reason. Centrifugal force, making a globe shape.

reply to post by Arken

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

no your missing the point, you don't have to be a expert to see that the object was not on the surface, now granted i didn't take into account that this might have been something floating in between the probe and asteroid. but i knew it wasn't on the surface, and jumped to the conclusion that it was aliens making a pit stop.

as i said in my first post it looked like someone placed something in the frame and shopped it in. hence the smiley face, that my 10 yr old nephew made just to show it could be done. us "experts "or people that say it's fake are right 98% of the time. pretty damn good record if you ask me.

edit on 8-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

hounddoghowlie

Nyiah
so explain why it doesn't exist in the much better detailed first image you posted.

photo shop!
need i say more. just look at the edges of the object and compare with what looks like rocks and boulders on the surfface. who ever did it didn't blend it in good, looks like something just laid on top.

my ten yr old nephew could do a better job.
edit on 7-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

agreed. that "sphere" is fake as hell.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Hendrick99

hounddoghowlie

Nyiah
so explain why it doesn't exist in the much better detailed first image you posted.

photo shop!
need i say more. just look at the edges of the object and compare with what looks like rocks and boulders on the surfface. who ever did it didn't blend it in good, looks like something just laid on top.

my ten yr old nephew could do a better job.
edit on 7-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

agreed. that "sphere" is fake as hell.

It isn't fake, but rather it is a real thing (a target marker sphere). However, if by fake you mean "man-made", then yeah -- I suppose you could call it "fake" (i.e., "not natural").

As for why the target marker is not clear in these images (clear enough completely see the geometric design on the targeting sphere), that may be because it is so close to the camera, and the camera was set to focus on the asteroid, which was father away. This image was taken very soon after that target marker was released from the Hayabusa spacecraft, so that is why it is so close to the spacecraft -- too close to get a clear picture).

Having said that, if you look closely on the right hand side of the target marker sphere, you can see the geometric lines that are visible in the image of the spheres taken before the Hayabusa spacecraft was launched:

Target marker sphere in space:

Target marker spheres before Hayabusa launch

edit on 3/8/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Kinda reminds me of an underwater mine, like this one, but white:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Nice photoshop, it almost looks real, but you made the shpere too light in color.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Czulkang
Nice photoshop, it almost looks real, but you made the shpere too light in color.

Why do people keep saying "photoshop". Are they not reading the thread?

What this really is has been discussed in several posts in this thread. It isn't photoshop, and it isn't mysterious.

edit on 3/9/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Soylent and Phage, you have so much more patience than me, and for this you deserve respect. I don't know how you keep going, when it's apparent that people simply don't read the thread. I think the answer has been given five times now, yet we'll continue to have more uniformed opinions spouted ad nauseum.

ATS truly has become the home of s*** posting...

edit on 9-3-2014 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join