It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats want to ban Bitcoins in the United States

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Democrats will approve anything they can tax, but Bitcoin is out of their reach, so it must be banned.

1. They want to raise your taxes. Obamacare is the largest tax increase on the American middle class since creating the income tax.
2. They want to limit your constitutional 2nd amendment right.
3. They want to limit your free speech. FCC recently backtracked.
4. They want to limit your individual freedoms. Recently on CNN they said Americans want more security than individual freedom.
5. They want to control your money. How you get, when you get it, how much you get, and lastly what you can use.

Why does anyone vote for a Democrat? Is there any reason? Vote libertarian over Democrat, even if you don't want to vote Republican.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Stuship

Top 16 myths about the health care law

Point number one is untrue:

13. "Obamacare is . . . the largest tax increase in the history of the world." Pants on Fire.

Rush Limbaugh, June 28, 2012, on his radio show

Radio host Rush Limbaugh and others have claimed the health care law includes historically high tax increases. While there are new taxes in the health care law -- representing the first significant federal tax increases since 1993 -- they are not the largest increases in the history of the United States, much less the world. When accounting for the size of the overall economy, tax increases signed into law by Presidents Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton were larger than the tax increases in the health law. We rated this statement Pants on Fire.

But hey don't let me stop your democrat bashing thread.

BTW before you go assuming anything, I'm not a Democrat, just a staunch supporter of not spreading lies.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Stuship

I agree with most of what you say but using 'CNN' as a source is a bit questionable.

"Recently on CNN they said Americans want more security than individual freedom."

I've heard from a few sources the statement is at the very least inaccurate if not an outright lie. (I will do some digging and provide the info.)

edit on 5-3-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Stuship

Nothing like some jackass politician ranting and raving about things he doesnt understand to really put that American pride into ones heart.

He's not alone:

Manchin and fellow Senate Democrat, Charles Schumer of New York, have targeted Bitcoin-related enterprises before. In a June 2011 letter to the Justice Department and DEA, the senators demanded a crackdown on the online marketplace Silk Road, saying: "The only method of payment for these illegal purchases is an untraceable peer-to-peer currency known as Bitcoins."

I wonder how far in politics I could rise by shouting "I feel very strongly about this thing I know nothing about!"

The only thing worse than a statist authoritarian plutocrat is an ignorant statist authoritarian plutocrat.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Stuship
Why does anyone vote for a Democrat? Is there any reason? Vote libertarian over Democrat, even if you don't want to vote Republican.

They're all the same mate, its a 3 party system that's created as an illusion of choice. I'm sure you can see this, no matter what party is in power your freedom gets slowly taken away from you on step at a time with either party conditioning the populace into a certain way of thinking, to strip the # out of any freedom/dignity you may have left.

I wish there was a party out there that would let us all literally vote for everything. But there isn't. So we need to rise the # up...

edit on 5-3-2014 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Stuship

Democrats will approve anything they can tax, but Bitcoin is out of their reach, so it must be banned.

An absolute statement that is not quite entirely correct.

Taxing bitcoin is not without precedent.
U.S. online retailer Overstock.com collects sales tax on sales to places where the company has a physical presence, such as its home state of Utah, said vice chairman Jonathan Johnson. "It's pretty easy to do with bitcoin as at this point we are converting bitcoin into dollars immediately," he told Reuters.

Japan may tax bitcoin deals, stop banks, brokerages from handling

Hacker thefts of billions of dollars in Bitcoins worldwide doesn't help the situation. It makes it unstable and unsecure.

After the collapse of Mt. Gox, now Canada-based virtual currency exchange Flexcoin has been forced to close down. Flexcoin said flaws in its software code enabled hackers to make off with bitcoins worth around 440,000 euros.
“As Flexcoin does not have the resources, assets, or otherwise to come back from this loss, we are closing our doors immediately,” it said in a statement. A message posted on its website explained that the attack had exploited a flaw in its code on transfers between users and involved inundating the system with simultaneous requests to move coins between accounts.
“Flexcoin has made every attempt to keep our servers as secure as possible, including regular testing,” it said, adding it had repelled thousands of attacks over the past few years. “But in the end, this was simply not enough.”

Another bitcoin bank bites the dust, Flexcoin blames losses on hackers

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by minusinfinity

"Recently on CNN they said Americans want more security than individual freedom."

I've heard from a few sources the statement is at the very least inaccurate if not an outright lie. (I will do some digging and provide the info.)

It's not a lie. Straight from the horses mouth if you need it within the first 30 seconds of the video.

ATS Thread..

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Stuship

I am a democrat and I do not want any of those things. If you are smart, you want people like me to remain democrats so I can oppose those things.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Stuship

Hmm, maybe I should reconsider bitcoin, anything the Democrats are against is usually good for humanity in some way.

Now, if the Republicans support the ban then I will be trading everything I own for bitcoins!

edit on 5-3-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Nah...they`d tax it before they ban it. Anything they can get their greedy hands on.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Why would anyone want to place their money in something that is more make believe than the money we use now? Not to mention that hackers are starting to clean these banks out whenever they please.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

buster2010
Why would anyone want to place their money in something that is more make believe than the money we use now? Not to mention that hackers are starting to clean these banks out whenever they please.

That has nothing to do with politicians pushing for regs or bans.

If people want to voluntarily participate in cryptocurrency then by all means let them.

No need to get government involved in yet more nonsense.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by minusinfinity

It's not a lie. Straight from the horses mouth if you need it within the first 30 seconds of the video.

ATS Thread..

It's simple...

Give me FREEDOM and I'll supply my own SECURITY!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

buster2010

What if....

What if these exchanges are living it up on those bitcoins and caused the problems themselves? It's way too easy to blame it all on hackers. Why have no hacking group claim responsibility? This is odd, because in most cases I've ever known, someone has stood up and claimed the fame. It's also possible that other exchanges are seeing this and calling it out the same while they can before they are found out.

I wonder these things because a couple of exchanges are hit but others are not, especially if it's a security issue in the coin itself. Surely if one exchanged fixed the problem, it would be common knowledge (and it supposedly was) and the fix would have been shared among them, but for some strange reason some exhcanges didn't bother.

There are too many things wrong with this and I'm suspicious as hell.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
At least the Congressmen's "cheeky" reply to Senator Manchin's letter makes a bit more sense:

Congressman Jared Polis is calling on the Treasury to ban physical dollars in response to Senator Manchin’s plea to ban Bitcoin.

To be sure, the Congressman is being cheeky. “This is just a satirical version of Senator Manchin’s letter, meant to draw attention to the fact that BitCoins are not any more susceptible to the problems that the Senator points out than dollars,” said Spokesperson Scott Overland. “Congressman Polis is not actually calling for a ban on physical currency, but hopes this helps move the debate forward so we can come up with ways to improve BitCoins, not ban them.”

Source

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If your smart you can use Bitcoins or any other virtual currency to basicaly passively harvest an income from a fully automated micro set up with a very very small footprint.

Thats why the established banking cartels dont like them, it essentialy allows you to print your own money. Its not just for being anonymous, though if you dont feel like declaring the cash end sum, probably best to stay at least as anonymous as possible.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by Stuship

13. "Obamacare is . . . the largest tax increase in the history of the world." Pants on Fire.

Radio host Rush Limbaugh and others have claimed the health care law includes historically high tax increases. While there are new taxes in the health care law -- representing the first significant federal tax increases since 1993 -- they are not the largest increases in the history of the United States, much less the world. When accounting for the size of the overall economy, tax increases signed into law by Presidents Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton were larger than the tax increases in the health law. We rated this statement Pants on Fire.

BTW before you go assuming anything, I'm not a Democrat, just a staunch supporter of not spreading lies.

How is it a 'myth' ?

HOW ?

That is why it was ruled 'constitutional'.

IT IS A TAX.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Why would anyone want to place their money in something that is more make believe than the money we use now?

Do You mean like Social Security,Medicare,Medicaid, and the INCOME TAX >

Why would anyone want to place their money in those 'make believe' programs.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

buster2010

I love people like you, it keeps me from feeling dumb.

Lmao...

Anytime they want.. and the interwebs is for piratez and warez.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

neo96

Krazysh0t
reply to post by Stuship

How is it a 'myth' ?

HOW ?

That is why it was ruled 'constitutional'.

IT IS A TAX.

Apparently you failed at reading comprehension. I never said it wasn't a tax, I said it wasn't the largest tax increase in the history.
edit on 6-3-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join