It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Claims “Americans Want Security Over Freedom”

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The title pretty much says it all. CNN's Jake Tapper thinks Americans want security over freedom. He should be fired immediately for making such a sickening statement, how many of our forefather just turned over in their graves?

CNN Claims “Americans Want Security Over Freedom”

Wow, this is straight up insane propaganda at the highest level. He is not even trying to hide the message. CNN’s Jake Tapper just comes out and says it:
    I think the American people, honestly, want security over freedom. - Jake Tapper

Compare that to let’s say, Benjamin Franklin:
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. - Benjamin Franklin

That right there demonstrates perfectly how far we have fallen culturally.

He actually says this in the first 30 seconds of the video. Could anyone agree with this statement?

Edit - ZeroHedge has pulled this article for review so perhaps there is some hope that this isn't true and there's some mistake. I don't see how unless the video is completely faked though.
Edit 2 - It's been pulled from ZH now.
edit on 873pm0707pm12014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
yes, i am free to believed what i am told to think...
ETA: especially if it isn't true

edit on 28-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The only thing I'll take in place of freedom is DEATH!

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The guy is an idiot.

How much did Obama pay him to make such a ridiculous statement? Next thing you know he'll say the Affordable Care Act is a good idea.

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

...and he's right. The world is burning for freedom while Americans fill out taxes to pay 40% of their incomes so Mexicans can get healthcare and Bo the dog can vacation in Hawaii. From the land of the free home of the brave, not a peep.

If you haven't figured it out yet, land of the free home of the brave is the second greatest lie ever told.

The ideal of America is great, in reality it's all hot air. Hi NSA!!
edit on 28-2-2014 by slunteri because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by minusinfinity

How much did Obama pay him to make such a ridiculous statement? Next thing you know he'll say the Affordable Care Act is a good idea.

This is an issue that isn't just to be blamed on Obama and the progressives! This is one area where the fat cats of BOTH parties seem to agree with!

The rats of both parties are getting nervous!

When was the last time you heard of anyone in DC complaining about the police state???

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by slunteri

...and he's right. The world is burning for freedom while Americans fill out taxes to pay 40% of their incomes so Mexicans can get healthcare and Bo the dog can vacation in Hawaii. From the land of the free home of the brave, not a peep.

Maybe he is to some extent but I doubt the entire country or a majority believes what he said. There probably will not be a large peep until we hit the flash point in the US. Then it is my greatest hope there will be a loud peep that's heard around the world.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

He's right, in a way.

Who's fighting the Patriot Act? Who's fighting the TSA? Who's fighting government over-reach?

Sadly. . .

*crickets*

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Bassago,
This makes me sick.

I have a question.....what is it that they call those prisons for really bad guys? Isn't it Super Max? And what does Super Max stand for? Oh....right....Super Max Security.

It is quite simple...."security" is another word for "prison"....might not be with bars but it sure has guards, rules and population controls.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Bassago

He's right, in a way.

Who's fighting the Patriot Act? Who's fighting the TSA? Who's fighting government over-reach?

Sadly. . .

*crickets*

The Tea Party tries to but they get attacked every time they try to speak up. The two party system is corrupt and both sides want the same thing.....abject poverty among the masses and total control.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm not surprised that liberals at CNN would hand over all freedoms very easily, and I guess they think by running the story over and over that other people will join right in!!! NOT! These people are lunatics and we shall meet on the battlefield. I will keep all of my guns and I will fight to the death for freedom. Why isn't anyone erecting towers and broadcasting our own news stations, our own TV shows, our own movies and music??? WHY?? Why do we have to accept what they are offering? Why do we not have an alternative?? We need to do this--to make broadcast our own stuff so that we can weed them out and expose them, and their odd, sub-human behavior.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Where does this guy live? What's his address? He needs to be visited and corrected, since he has made a big mistake.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Sadly. . .

*crickets*

Well this is one cricket who's chirping his head off.

*chirp* *chirp*

I just did a thread on the Clueless TSA and you should have seen the defenders rushing to their aid. Even called me a "drama queen."

**CHIRP** **CHIRP**

If we get enough crickets together we can make a ***HURRICANE CHIRP***

Join together brothers and sisters to defy the darkness!

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Bassago

Join together brothers and sisters to defy the darkness!

Spring is almost here.....Dare I say it....American Spring!

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Perhaps he is right, as sad as it may sound. I bet there is a large percentage of Americans that want ‘the illusion’ of security and would be willing to give up their personal freedom, or better yet your freedom, to achieve it.

It’s all about perception, and a great deal of ignorance. The old school mentality of, “I don’t have anything to hide so go ahead and search me”, is partly to blame. There are many people that view the Constitution as something criminals use to hide behind so they can get away with crime not the document as it was originally intended to protect people’s rights. What I say to those that make the above quote, "You may not have anything to hide but you sure as hell have something to protect!"

edit on 2/28/2014 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

They are speaking to the choir, no one else watchers CNN.

The idea here is to feed the lemming's on a regular bases so they don't start thinking on there own.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

My guess is that people are more afraid of the NSA surveillance than they are willing to admit. I mean who wants to step on the toes of the agency that has all their information, you know what I mean?

Techcrunch did a really interesting comparison between the SOPA protest and The Day We Fought Back protest against NSA surveillance and very correctly noted that it was way more subdued. techcrunch.com...

Now, Tapper could be right and maybe people don't care that Uncle NSA is collecting their data and storing it because it makes us safer. Or maybe, because Uncle NSA is doing all that, it's creating a chilling effect. I am, however, seeing more and more people speaking up against it as time passes. I honestly think that a lot of people expected it to be simply struck down or grossly limited. Since it hasn't, well, then some are going to feel like maybe they do need to make a bit of a stink about it and frequently in cheeky ways.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We fought the patriot act we lost, we fought the bailout and we lost, we fought Bush administration and the party that brought the patriot act and got a new president because he promised hope, change and transparency and we were deceived, we fought the ACA and we lost again, what else can we do? shed blood next.

Nobody listen to we people anymore. CNN is just showing the reality of our everyday lives, we are told by propaganda what we want and what we most accept any fight is futile.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The incompetency of the U.S never ceases to amaze me. . .
What an idiotic statement to make... and on Television...
I'm not surprised anymore.

~Sovereign

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I'll reply to you, but this goes to everyone that has responded to my post.

First, I agree with each of you.

Let me posit an idea. Imagine that there is a group or groups who are planning on fighting back. We will likely never hear of it, because we are on a social media site that is probably monitored. It'd never be talked about electronically, because that would be intercepted.

I'm not talking about evil terrorist groups planning to create violence. I'm talking about concerned folks, simple honest folks that do like their freedom, do like the US Constitution, and simply chat and plan and never do any of it so it could be monitored.

But I imagine there is a threshold, a "red line" that'll someday be crossed and we will be able to finally see that there are those that value freedom of "safety" and "security".

That's what I have hope for. That one day, these secret men and women will stand up and fight for our rights and our freedoms.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join