It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me how I should propose to my girlfriend. Hell has officially frozen over.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Oh and congratulations.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Okay. You have the right idea with the forrest. It will take candles a nice table, good food and a good couple of friends. You can get candles you can hang from the trees, and candles for the table with a nice cloth. Have a nice sit down dinner in the forrest with candel light. Its a bit#h to pull off with weather and what not, but you will get good points.

Just have the couple of friends serve you dinner. There will need to be those large trays of food allready cooked, in a car just off in the distance. Have them make the plate and serve. A bottle wine later, pop the question after dinner. Then just have your friends pack up and leave you a car. Then you two can hang out, and do...whatever. You can see if a local musician will play the violin for you as well.

Its complicatied, and takes some planning, but as long as you decorate the space well have good wine, and food, it could work.

I did it in front of her whole family on Christmass eve....she freaked out.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Okay. You have the right idea with the forrest. It will take candles a nice table, good food and a good couple of friends. You can get candles you can hang from the trees, and candles for the table with a nice cloth. Have a nice sit down dinner in the forrest with candel light. Its a bit#h to pull off with weather and what not, but you will get good points.

Just have the couple of friends serve you dinner. There will need to be those large trays of food allready cooked, in a car just off in the distance. Have them make the plate and serve. A bottle wine later, pop the question after dinner. Then just have your friends pack up and leave you a car. Then you two can hang out, and do...whatever. You can see if a local musician will play the violin for you as well.

Its complicatied, and takes some planning, but as long as you decorate the space well have good wine, and food, it could work.

I did it in front of her whole family on Christmass eve....she freaked out.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

"CONGRATULATIONS"

To throw in couple of very public ideas ....

# An announcement over a public address system at an airport or railway station or

on a plane etc. for example would the passenger (insert name) travelling to

(where ever) please accept the proposal of marriage to Mr 'Boncho' and in doing so

you will make him a very happy man . . . . OR

# Book a large advertising board on a regular route or somewhere she, or you

both use regularly with her photograph and a "WILL YOU MARRY ME" in huge lettering!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
THREE CHEERS for BONCHO!

I'm excited for you and so glad to be made privy to your plans.

IF her parents are the creative type, and if your girlfriend is close to them, you might ask them for ideas on a poignant & memorable proposal. That way if she ever calls them after a tiff they will more likely be on your side.

Here's to you and your chosen one's lifelong friendship:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I am a sucker for unique and creative proposals. i love watching the videos on you tube. Do you guys have a hobby that you both share, or does she have one that she is very big into? Have it revolve around that. Or you could do a photo scavenger hunt.

Does she have a favorite book or a book she is currently reading? You can tape a note on the front and tell her to turn to page 243 or something and have a poem tucked in there with the words Will you marry me at the end.

Best of luck and get in on video for me

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

This is by far, one of the coolest marriage proposals I have ever seen.

Congratulations Bonch!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

boncho
reply to post by Holographicmeat

How old are you?
2nd

I have celebrated my name day for numerous decades.

So 20ish then? My advice on how to proceed at 20. Don't. lol
That's too young. Wait until after you get done with college to get married. There is just to much to miss out on if you do. WAY too much.

edit on 352014 by Holographicmeat because: ms

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Holographicmeat

boncho

How old are you?
2nd

That's too young. Wait until after you get done with college to get married. There is just to much to miss out on if you do. WAY too much.

Everything people think they've missed out on, I've done double that. Much older than 20 my friend. There's nothing left for me to do in single life besides be more of whore than I already have been, and since my friends kids are becoming of age, it's starting to get awkward on my nights out…

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

ya know I had a whole paragraph written about my probing centurian buddies and what not, but ya just have to shake my head. Easdfafd the last centurian that probed you made me delete it

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
You could always do what my husband did.

We were out to eat on a date at nowhere really all that special, and out of the blue in the middle of conversation, he popped the question and sat there looking as stunned as I was.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Ok Boncho,

This may give you some idea's.

Very clever!

Just be sure to tell your friends at ATS ~ how you did it

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Poor guy......got convinced that you need to get married to get over the addiction of ATS. You can talk the Mods into banning you, you do not need to have a wife to cut you off of ATS.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

boncho

Holographicmeat

boncho

How old are you?
2nd

Everything people think they've missed out on, I've done double that. Much older than 20 my friend. There's nothing left for me to do in single life besides be more of whore than I already have been, and since my friends kids are becoming of age, it's starting to get awkward on my nights out…

Oh OK. That's different. You said a couple of decades. So I assumed you meant 20 years. There I go assuming again, you know what they say about that lol. assUme. More power to ya then. Just make sure you marry someone that loves you for you.....not who they want you to be. You'll wake up in 10 years and not even recognize yourself anymore. Compromise is one thing but changing who you are a little bit at a time to make another happy results in disaster. It happened to me. My daughter and I were at a ren. fest in Tx last year and a guy had a plane with a huge banner that said "Marry me" at the same time some of the actors put on a little show for them. I thought it was kind of cool.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Boncho!!!!

Where you at?

It's been 2 days since your last reply ~~~~ Did you or didn't you?
edit on 7-3-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I have absolutely zero advice on this one, my husband didn't exactly propose so much as it was out of the blue random chatter in a conversation. Him: "So, when we get married, any particular time of year sound good?" Me: "Eh, whenever we feel like hitting up the court house. Don't need a party, hon." Thing is, we'd never mentioned it before that, and it seemed like a complete given at the time of the conversation, so much so that the "proposal" wasn't even a surprise
Some time later, we happened to be out & about near the court house, and got the license on a whim that day.

I'd examine what kind of person she is at heart. Laid back? Laid back folks would probably appreciate the more simple (or to the point straightforward proposal, or simple conversation about marriage even. If she's sentimental, covertly (as best possible) find out what areas mean the most to her in relation to you and go from there.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Tell her she
is going to hate you.

# 192

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

boncho
Yep, women from all over the world will be weeping very shortly. Bonch has finally convinced himself to jump off the tallest building in the world. Already have the rock, just have to get chicken wire a band to set it in, formally ask the folks for permission and then it's a done deal.

So I'm looking for some good ideas to pop the question.

Hide the ring inside of a golden retriever, romantic walk in the forest, arrange for her to be on pooper scooper duty. BLAM. Engaged through the power of Porky's bowels!

Okay, maybe this one isn't a good idea. That's why you fellas can help.

Go!

I wish I was feeling creative at the moment! Congrats. It's always a good day when two people decide to weather the world together.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Just ask and you will receive if you are worthy Grasshopper.

No need to be cute or inventive, just say you love her and she will agree.
Too many videos are out there that take the private moment and make it public for "Likes" or just ego.
Leave all that crap in the garage and just do your thing.

You asked I answered :-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hey, women's opinions are required here too, so I say do what your heart and brain tells you. Only you know her deepest and most secret desires best....you do dont you?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join