It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me how I should propose to my girlfriend. Hell has officially frozen over.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Yep, women from all over the world will be weeping very shortly. Bonch has finally convinced himself to jump off the tallest building in the world. Already have the rock, just have to get chicken wire a band to set it in, formally ask the folks for permission and then it's a done deal.

So I'm looking for some good ideas to pop the question.

Hide the ring inside of a golden retriever, romantic walk in the forest, arrange for her to be on pooper scooper duty. BLAM. Engaged through the power of Porky's bowels!

Okay, maybe this one isn't a good idea. That's why you fellas can help.

Go!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Hoverboard, hoverboard, hoverboard!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I would say that you should take the time to evaluate the location you are at. an example. My wife is Latvian, and I would meet her in NYC to bring her to my house 5 hrs away. Well. we went site seeing at night, and went to times square, and I proposed in times square under all the lights.

Just an example. give your location, state if in states and we can help you figure something out?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I'm no 'idea man' ... but I want to tell you congratulations!!

Make sure this is forever.

-Cheers!!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

boncho
Yep, women from all over the world will be weeping very shortly. Bonch has finally convinced himself to jump off the tallest building in the world. Already have the rock, just have to get chicken wire a band to set it in, formally ask the folks for permission and then it's a done deal.

So I'm looking for some good ideas to pop the question.

Hide the ring inside of a golden retriever, romantic walk in the forest, arrange for her to be on pooper scooper duty. BLAM. Engaged through the power of Porky's bowels!

Okay, maybe this one isn't a good idea. That's why you fellas can help.

Go!

How old are you?
2nd

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

boncho
That's why you fellas can help.

I'm not a 'fella' ... but a few thoughts ...
Make sure - on one knee with ring in hand ...
Only you know the person you are going to ask to marry you.
If she's an outdoorsy type ... rent horses and go out somewhere alone and scenic to ask the question.
If she's into the city ... go to the top of the Empire State Building or the Sears Tower, a place with a city view.
If shes' adventurous ... rent a plane and pilot and ask her while flying over a scenic place nearby.
(lots of small airports have pilots who will rent out like that)
If she likes hiking ... hike to a mountain top like Mt. Washington NH.
Is she into sports ... tickets to an NHL game or baseball game and ask her over the big screen.

Easter is coming ... if she's religious then ask her Easter morning at brunch after an Easter Sunrise Service.
Is she Irish Catholic? Mass and St. Patricks Day dinner.

Is she quiet and a private kind of person? A quiet romantic dinner ...
Does she like to dance? Go somewhere with dancing (not a club, but a nice dinner/dance place).

Only you know her ... You'll come up with an occasion she'll love and remember.
I wish you well. Congratulations
edit on 3/5/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You can always mention as a side note, that if she wants any marital benefit then a marriage is in order...

I did something along that lines, it worked just fine... but then, I'm a woman...

My husband says you could always send her an e-mail and ask her what she is doing on say.. the 17th and if nothing would she like to attend a wedding?

OR, you could ask that in person (the whole, what are you doing on say... the 17th) pull out the ring and then say... I already got you something to wear!

lol... all kidding aside, only you know how best to propose marriage to your significant other... I figure most people do a super fancy dinner and a proposal around desert.

Or, you could go skydiving with her and ask her 6,000 feet in the air if you prefer a flare of the dramatic.

edit on 5-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The only thing I can say is, make it memorable. It doesn't have to be fancy or expensive. Just make the moment count.

Don't do it while watching tv, while grocery shopping, or when she is cleaning house.

My two cents.....

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

boncho

Hide the ring inside of a golden retriever,

How do you hide a ring inside golden retriever?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You've just asked for advice for which I have no reply. Congratulations!
This coming from someone who has a opinion on darn near everything.

But when it comes to popping "THE QUESTION", I'm not a Dawg, but a Scardy Kat.

Good luck!

ETA: I ain't eatin' no ring! Stay away from me!

edit on 5-3-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

camain
reply to post by boncho

I would say that you should take the time to evaluate the location you are at. an example. My wife is Latvian, and I would meet her in NYC to bring her to my house 5 hrs away. Well. we went site seeing at night, and went to times square, and I proposed in times square under all the lights.

Just an example. give your location, state if in states and we can help you figure something out?

I bet you want legal birth name, place of employment and hours of the day I'm by myself with no witnesses. I will not be probed again you evil Centurian scum!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Tell her that you think it is time to start seeing other people.
That should solve things for you rather quickly. You can thank me later or kick yourself in the butt ten years from now, depending on which way you decide to go.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Holographicmeat

How old are you?
2nd

I have celebrated my name day for numerous decades.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If shes' adventurous ... rent a plane and pilot and ask her while flying over a scenic place nearby.

I was considering this, perhaps a helicopter instead. Ever since seeing the proposal on the "snooki" show though it kind of ruined aviation proposal for me…

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

TrustMeImLying

boncho

Hide the ring inside of a golden retriever,

How do you hide a ring inside golden retriever?

Wrap it in some of these:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by boncho

Tell her that you think it is time to start seeing other people.
That should solve things for you rather quickly. You can thank me later or kick yourself in the butt ten years from now, depending on which way you decide to go.

We actually did that once, and neither of us could last more than a couple hours. This is my usual course of action anytime marriage starts getting murmured. Didn't work this time.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Well, you tried.
I blame hormones.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Make her propose to you. Break the mould.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
run full background check on her also make her sign a prenup .. it will save you grief down the road .. good luck with the wake erm .. proposal ..

Rent a hot air balloon and propose to her inflight ..

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Do people really need to go into debt to propose marriage?
I'm a woman not a young teen or a newly wed. I've got a load of experience in romantic matters and so I ask what's wrong with a nice candlelit dinner perhaps one you cook if you have the skill set.
Some nice restaurant with a quiet dark corner. Be sincere and honest and if she's inclined she will say yes no matter where you ask.
My husband and I decided together no one asked the other we talked it over and said why don't we do this. That was in 1981 and we're still married it will be 33 years this Oct 3rd. (The Obamas share my anniversary)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join