It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of The Billion Or So People On The Internet...What % Do You Think Are Doing This?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

I am not familiar with the 5eyes document you are speaking of...please...enlighten me. You don't have to be a psychopath to have this behavior...you just have to be willing to be obnoxious and get paid for it. Those that do it for free on purpose, they are just sad little people that like negative attention. That is behavior I see no benefit from. However, being paid to do shill/troll work is just ridiculous for entirely different reasons.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

soulpowertothendegree
reply to post by ParasuvO

Glad someone else suggested it...sure had the feel of defensive "guilt" response written all over it.

THERE IT IS.
Exactly the way I predicted it would be.
I disagree so I must be a paid disinfo agent.
Not only that, but I feel pretty guilty about being a shill.
The money isn't bad, but the hours are long. I just wish I didn't have to spend all my time doing it on one website. You'd think my CIA overlord would let me onto some other sites, but there is something about this one they are after.
REGARDLESS OF THE FACT I'VE BEEN A MEMBER OF ATS SINCE 2010.

By all means, call me a shill/paid disinfo agent, but only if it makes you feel better. Like you caught one, or something.
I disagree with your little post, so that must be the ONLY reason for it.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

If it's any consolation, I was accused of being a NSA agent on another board. Kind of ironic considering my opinions on surveillance and transparency.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

I have no data to base a numerical response to your query on. Therefore, no answer I could give would sit within acceptable percentages for error. That in mind, I will not offer one. What I would say, is that given the things we have learned about the intelligence communities tactics regarding information harvesting, there is every reason to assume that considerable disinformation tactics are being used. If I was an underhanded bastard with more respect for national security than my own honour, or that of my nation as a whole, that is what I would be doing.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The five eyes reference ( UK ,Canada ,Australia, New Zealand , and USA ) comes from one of the documents released by Snoden . The document relates to ,how to infiltrate online forums ....peace It was a thread from a few days back ...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

soulpowertothendegree
reply to post by benrl

If they exist? You are on a conspiracy web site...that's hysterical
Of course they exist, what percentage do you attribute to being paid to do it for an actual living though? Is 1% of a billion possible? Less? More? Way off?

That was my point, as there have been numerous government conspiracies proven.

I think its more of a matter of setting up a system that channels the talk into areas you wan't, why bother paying people to do what they do naturally, as long as you set up the constraints in advance open discourse could be stifled.

All it would take is a small percentage than to act as herders to poke the conversation away from areas near the truth, a few well placed "trolls" if you would.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The one you should be asking is DeadSeraph. It's written on his avatar. So at least one. He's over at the Ukraine insider thread now.
He claims to be a disinfoshill. Shillaxed.
Perhaps he can give ya the dis-info you're looking for.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Sorry but what is the point of this thread? Where did you get your "billion or so" number of people on the internet? What's the point of giving you a percentage?

The idea that government agencies and special interest groups troll the internet to monitor and sway public opinion is more than an idea; it's reality. I've known confidential informants who were asked to do this and participated. This isn't just speculation. Such underground activity is not new. And how could someone possible make a volume estimate of a certain type of activity happening everyday on the internet? I'm confused ...

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

The interesting thing to me is, if people are being paid to spread disinfo, then don't they have to what the real truth is, and that it is being hidden, (so they don't accidentally say what is real) ....and just how many people are entrusted with the truth and how do TPTB keep a lid on it in that case?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

I don't think shills are entrusted with the truth. They're not any better informed than we are. They just get a large paycheck from saying what TPTB tells them to say, and that's it. They aim for maximum quantity, and maximum visibility. It's like astroturfing on a planetary scale. There's no need to put a lid on anything. There's no concrete way to prove that someone is a shill either, so there's no need for damage control.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join