It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainian Refugees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Why aren't European countries jumping to grant asylum to Ukrainian Refugees the way they always do with Middle Eastern and African Refugees?

From what I've read, their only option is Russia or possibly Poland.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Are there massive amounts of Ukrainian refugees?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

FuZe7
From what I've read, their only option is Russia or possibly Poland.

Why would they leave the Ukraine?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FuZe7

Slovakia, Czech Republic and neighboring countries prepares to take Ukrainian Refugees

www.ceskenoviny.cz...

spectator.sme.sk...

Also Ukrainian Americans are now preparing for Ukrainian refugees as well

Massachusetts Ukrainians feel “completely helpless” as they watch Russian forces take over the Crimea portion of their homeland, but should the already bleak situation escalate further, they’re ready to step forward and help their countrymen.

“We will do whatever we can to help any Ukrainians that need it. If it gets to that level where there are refugees, we’re going to do whatever we can within the laws and the framework to help them,” said Vsevolod Petriv, president of the Boston branch of the Ukrainian Congress Committee of America. “We have a fairly large community, and we have a number of places where they could stay. Our resources could be stressed, but we would put out the calls and make it work.”

Petriv will speak with the UCCA’s national leadership tonight to discuss their “options moving forward.” He will then call a meeting of Bay State Ukrainian leaders and “coordinate what our response is going to be as things unfold.”

“This crisis is bringing out more people that want to take action and participate,” he said. “Now that Ukraine is threatened, we’re banding together to give support, and more people are surfacing that hadn’t in the past.”

Oxana Shevel, a political science professor at Tufts who grew up in Kiev, said it wouldn’t shock her if friends and family decided to leave the country should things get any worse.

“If Russian forces decide to go further into Ukraine, I wouldn’t be surprised if they wanted to flee. As of today, I haven’t heard of anyone who plans to leave, but it’s possible,” she said. “Watching it from here, I sometimes feel completely helpless. It’s sad watching the streets I recognize filled with protesters.”

bostonherald.com...

It's only a matter time before Ukrainian refugees would come here

edit on 3-3-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
??????? would you take russians in?
already 675.000 russians fled the Ukraine...
the majority of the Ukraine IS russian

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Are there massive amounts of Ukrainian refugees?

No, there are none, which is why there are no EU countries "jumping" to do anything.

But when/if there are some, they will head over the border to Poland, an EU country and be treated the same as "the Muslims" the OP is obviously enraged by, for some reason.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

ressiv

No, the "majority of Ukraine" is Ukrainian - 67% in fact.

The Russians occupy the extreme east and Crimea and even there, they are only marginally the "majority". A really bad try at disinfo there.

I'd also like to see some evidence to over half a million Russians "fleeing" the Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

stumason

ressiv

No, the "majority of Ukraine" is Ukrainian - 67% in fact.

The Russians occupy the extreme east and Crimea and even there, they are only marginally the "majority". A really bad try at disinfo there.

I'd also like to see some evidence to over half a million Russians "fleeing" the Ukraine.

Is gotta be a russian propagandist. It feels like the very next day after Khrushchev banged his shoe on the UN assemble and not the year 2014. Unbelievable. Almost 100 years under oppression and dictatorship but this people haven't learn squat and still continue with hate toward west. According to them everything bad that happens to Russia is because of the west (despite them fleeing to west and enjoying everything west has to offer) and everything Russia does is to protect herself from hostile west. Strange people if you might ask.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Obama Bans Critics of Ukraine Coup From Entering U.S.

Executive order suspends entry rights of anyone who “undermines” Ukrainian “democracy”

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
March 6, 2014

Under the sweeping language of President Barack Obama’s executive order issued today, critics of the US-backed coup in Ukraine could find themselves being banned from entering the United States.

The executive order suspends “entry into the United States, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, of such persons” who fulfil the following criteria;

www.infowars.com...

top topics

join