It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the stock markets crash Monday morning?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Will the stock markets worldwide crash by as much as 50% this week, starting Monday morning? All because of the unstable situation in Ukraine and WW3 knocking at our door. Will there be worldwide panic in the stock markets? I'm no analyst but I'm guessing that stocks worlwide will drop by -20% this Monday and then another -30% during the rest of the week.

-MM

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

No, this won't happen, but I do applaud you for making a specific prediction. I guess we'll see if by Monday closing it's dropped by 20% and by Friday closing an additional 30%.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

I'm not picking the -50% plunge from nowhere; there have been some predictions before the Ukraine/Russia conflict/war that the stock markets will plunge by 50% in 2014:

It is only a matter of time before the stock market plunges by 50% or more, according to several reputable experts.

“We have no right to be surprised by a severe and imminent stock market crash,” explains Mark Spitznagel, a hedge fund manager who is notorious for his hugely profitable billion-dollar bet on the 2008 crisis. “In fact, we must absolutely expect it."

Unfortunately Spitznagel isn’t alone.

“We are in a gigantic financial asset bubble,” warns Swiss adviser and fund manager Marc Faber. “It could burst any day.”

Warning: Stocks Will Collapse by 50% in 2014

, perhaps this Ukraine threat will burst the bubble?

-MM

edit on 2-3-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
stock futures are fairly flat, global markets aren't tanking either. I doubt if we'll see a huge drop on Monday unless there's some crazy activity today that results in a far broader situation.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Crakeur
stock futures are fairly flat, global markets aren't tanking either. I doubt if we'll see a huge drop on Monday unless there's some crazy activity today that results in a far broader situation.

I hope you are right, but the problem is that smart analysts sell off their stocks if there is a slightest chance there could be an imminent upcoming stock crash - and there is a good chance for that now. Smart analysts will sell off their stocks Monday before the stupid analysts that will "take their chances" that "everything will work out good in the end".

-MM

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
stockmarkets may fall 50% couse they are 60% over-rated compare to the real economic situation...
buizzness as usual

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
You get one influential person going "sell, sell, sell" and that starts to echo across the world.

The market makes it's own crashes, not world events. It's funny to me that if you could get everyone to turn off the news for a week, a crash would be unthinkable.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Most likely go up by 5 to 10 %
They can smell all that new money, war profit coming thier way

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

if so, you won't see a 50% drop tomorrow because there aren't enough smart analysts out there to drive down the market.

plus, analysts aren't supposed to trade in stocks they analyze.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Here's a list of the largest daily changes in the S&P 500

Largest Daily Changes in the S&P 500

Only once has it breached over a 20% loss. Throwing that aberration out, most big losses are anywhere between 4 and 8%. I guess I shrug my shoulders with stock market forecasts. It's a random walk. I wouldn't be surprised if it drops 1 or 2% Monday, but it won't drop 20%.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Toromos

Here's a list of the largest daily changes in the S&P 500

Largest Daily Changes in the S&P 500

Only once has it breached over a 20% loss. Throwing that aberration out, most big losses are anywhere between 4 and 8%. I guess I shrug my shoulders with stock market forecasts. It's a random walk. I wouldn't be surprised if it drops 1 or 2% Monday, but it won't drop 20%.

War in Europe with Russia, the greatest global threat since the Cuba crisis, the Budapest Memorandum may force the US and UK into the war, and you don't expect the stockmarkets to plunge more than 2%? I'm obviously much more negative to the whole situation than you are. Thanks for the numbers though, interesting.

-MM

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The real question is why would you put any faith into the NYSE? Or any stock market. Can you give me your hard earned compensation that way I can loan it out at a 100% interest rate?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

the markets have crash protection limits in place. Trading curbs will keep us from ever seeing 50% in one day.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

^^This stranger is right. The government/banks will close it at a lower rate to pretend it won't go that low to siphon the currency off the serfs/peons/chattel.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Crakeur
reply to post by Toromos

the markets have crash protection limits in place. Trading curbs will keep us from ever seeing 50% in one day.

I'm was guessing a 20% plunge on Monday - the 50% is over the entire first week. They may halt it on Tuesday though, but it will still continue to plunge on Wednesday a.s.f. On Black Monday in 1987 it did plunge 20% in a single day.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
No, the maket's not predicted to crash until the next day.

"MEANS: U.S. economy on schedule to crash March 4, 2014
America’s fall will take global economies with it"

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If the market goes down the smart money will buy. There will be no war, the deal has been made (at least as far as I "know") and the Russians get the Crimea in the March voting if not before (or any minute), alls well that ends swell, so if people are stirred by rumors of rumors of war, moneyed folks will gobble up the low hanging fruit (ummmmm, low hanging fruit - mangoes in particular).
edit on 2-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
You should invest in the stock of companies that make the balaclava....

Balaclava

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Go to the strip club.
See if you can buy her outright.

^^ That is the same logic as the market.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I to have been keeping an eye on the markets since the release of the chart of 1929 and to up coming decline in the markets . The strangest thing is the markets were following the chart pretty close, until last week. The markets were pretty stable neither gaining or losing ground.
But the one thing that stood out was the volume was way down, not much activity. You consider all the negative news when it comes to the markets they think it's all due to the weather, is this just there way of delaying their future loses the markets will see or are they in place to wait for something else to blame the markets crash while they make millions.

I guess only time will tell
edit on 2-3-2014 by 19KTankCommander because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join