It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 604
<< 601  602  603    605  606  607 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Well looks like People are starting to remove separatists from different areas of eastern Ukraine now.

Here you go a little video to add to your post.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 13th Zodiac

Yeah that's why the Dow dropped. I guess. USA,USA, USA!

Or was it that Both Russia and China dumped the US Petro Dollar yesterday and agreed to settle in their own internal currencies. Even though this effects me, I laughing my ass off. www.zerohedge.com...

You dont know anything abot stocks or petro dollars do you? First reports came out from retailers such as target this caused the dow to drop happens every time retailers lower there expected sales. Now Russia has always traded its gas in the ruble. Even to Europe so nothing diffrent what happened with china is they agreed they will start buying rubles for currency transactions. Meaning there main bank will have Russian currency on hand for transactions. Russia used to have to buy Yen or one of the other currencies China accepts like the Euro or US dollar. Petro dollar is nothing but how oil producers set the price of oil its based off the US dollar. This is done so the person no matter what country can comapre oil prices from any country without conversion. This doesnt mean they actually use US dollars to buy the oil people often have little understanding of this fact.

A petro dollar just tells you what the US would pay in the stock exchange most transactions in the world dont actually use us Dollars except for Saudis and a couple of middle east countries which prefer US dollars.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well i earlier in the thread said Ukraine shouldn't be using UN helicopters and denounced this saying they needed to be repainted immediately. Turns out this was Russian propaganda and they used footage from a un peacekeeping mission in Africa. Once again Russian television has lied to the public.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Correction America is an Dog to China. Not Russia and Russia is desperate isn't that what you claimed and several others had claimed about Syria and how Russia was weakening to?

There were countless of threads back then to.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Ukraine News One? i am sure they very reliable.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

Correction America is an Dog to China. Not Russia and Russia is desperate isn't that what you claimed and several others had claimed about Syria and how Russia was weakening to?

Countless threads has nothing to do with the facts. China is holding up the deal with Russia trying to buy gas at below market value. China knows Russia has no other option and this will allow China to resell it making a profit to the asian market.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Well i earlier in the thread said Ukraine shouldn't be using UN helicopters and denounced this saying they needed to be repainted immediately. Turns out this was Russian propaganda and they used footage from a un peacekeeping mission in Africa. Once again Russian television has lied to the public.

There is so much disinformation from the Russian side that is so easily debunked, it makes you wonder if they are employing a 'shotgun approach' in lieu of carefully crafting fewer stories.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
One thing shocking occurred to me today -- I am acquaintances with one of the Donetsk militants!

Remember the Cossack mercenary, Babay'?

I did not pay attention to his name before when they identified him on VICE as 'Alexandr Mozhaev'.

I know of this man, but not with a beard like that! Alexandr was the head of 'VIP security' and personal body guard to Gafur Rakhimov at the Burj Al Arab hotel a few years ago. When I finally heard his name I suddenly recognized him.

Very bizarre. I will try to find more information.

I hope he does not get himself killed over this insanity.

edit on 20-5-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Looks like the people are losing patients with the separatists the self appointed mayor better watch out i have a feeling he might wind up being strung up from a tree by the locals if hes not careful.

In Slovyansk, a center of rebel activity, the separatist mayor, Vyachislav Ponomaryov, was accosted by some of the 200 residents in attendance at what resembled an impromptu, open-air town meeting. They demanded he put an end to the violence, which continued Tuesday with mortar shelling and sporadic gunfire on the outskirts of the city.

Video of the meeting showed a somewhat flustered Mr. Ponomaryov pleading with residents “not to panic” and promising that they would be compensated for damage to their houses because of fighting between rebels and government forces.

The events suggest a deepening conflict fatigue among residents of the east, potentially giving an enormous lift to the provisional government in Kiev, the Ukrainian capital, as the authorities seek to carry out a successful presidential election on Sunday.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Countless threads has nothing to do with the facts. China is holding up the deal with Russia trying to buy gas at below market value. China knows Russia has no other option and this will allow China to resell it making a profit to the asian market.

absolute nonsense. China's energy needs are off the chart and you are saying that they are buying from Russia to resell
to other Asian markets? I have heard all kind of nonsense here but this one is on the top of the list.
Sorry buddy, it just do not make any sense.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Looks like the people are losing patients with the separatists the self appointed mayor better watch out i have a feeling he might wind up being strung up from a tree by the locals if hes not careful.

In Slovyansk, a center of rebel activity, the separatist mayor, Vyachislav Ponomaryov, was accosted by some of the 200 residents in attendance at what resembled an impromptu, open-air town meeting. They demanded he put an end to the violence, which continued Tuesday with mortar shelling and sporadic gunfire on the outskirts of the city.

Video of the meeting showed a somewhat flustered Mr. Ponomaryov pleading with residents “not to panic” and promising that they would be compensated for damage to their houses because of fighting between rebels and government forces.

The events suggest a deepening conflict fatigue among residents of the east, potentially giving an enormous lift to the provisional government in Kiev, the Ukrainian capital, as the authorities seek to carry out a successful presidential election on Sunday.

www.nytimes.com...

where is the video mentioned in this article?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmonova

absolute nonsense. China's energy needs are off the chart and you are saying that they are buying from Russia to resell
to other Asian markets? I have heard all kind of nonsense here but this one is on the top of the list.

These issues lie behind the state-owned China National Petroleum Corporation’s (CNPC) inability to accept the oil-related border price which Gazprom is demanding. Chinese planners find Gazprom’s price excessive because CNPC cannot increase domestic gas prices, which are strictly controlled by the Chinese National Development and Reform Commission’s price department.In order to make money China National Petroleum Corporation wants to resell part of the gas to the asian market in order to subsidize the expense. Unfortunately for Russia Beijing’s need for Russian gas is not as desperate as its need for Russian oil. Natural gas is still considered the most expensive fuel source for power generation, accounting for only around 15 per cent of total gas consumption in China. It also tends to be treated as a peak load energy source, not a base load source. Though Beijing claims that more natural gas will be used in the gas-for-power sector in the future, this would be prohibitively expensive without reform of the distorted electricity, gas and coal pricing system.

So China looks at a Russian deal as a cash cow for redistribution.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
one of the last videos from Graham Phillips before being kidnapped by Junta forces outside of Mariupol.
Junta's campaign of intimidation of Russian journalists in full swing.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

These issues lie behind the state-owned China National Petroleum Corporation’s (CNPC) inability to accept the oil-related border price which Gazprom is demanding. Chinese planners find Gazprom’s price excessive because CNPC cannot increase domestic gas prices, which are strictly controlled by the Chinese National Development and Reform Commission’s price department.In order to make money China National Petroleum Corporation wants to resell part of the gas to the asian market in order to subsidize the expense. Unfortunately for Russia Beijing’s need for Russian gas is not as desperate as its need for Russian oil. Natural gas is still considered the most expensive fuel source for power generation, accounting for only around 15 per cent of total gas consumption in China. It also tends to be treated as a peak load energy source, not a base load source. Though Beijing claims that more natural gas will be used in the gas-for-power sector in the future, this would be prohibitively expensive without reform of the distorted electricity, gas and coal pricing system.

So China looks at a Russian deal as a cash cow for redistribution.

this is all according to you, care to provide some evidence about resseling of Russian gas to Asian markets?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmonova

China's energy needs are off the chart and you are saying that they are buying from Russia to resell

Huh. I wonder why they wanted a re-export license for US oil.
www.reuters.com...

edit on 5/20/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

one of the last videos from Graham Phillips before being kidnapped by Junta forces outside of Mariupol.

Actually hes a British journalist there handling negotiating with Kiev not Russia. Unfortunately there more to the story as well or he would have been sent back to the UK by now.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Actually hes a British journalist there handling negotiating with Kiev not Russia. Unfortunately there more to the story as well or he would have been sent back to the UK by now.

must be more to the story, they probably found another arsenal as journalists for Russian medias like to carry all kind of weaponry with them while passing at least 5-10 Junta's checkpoints a day.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: cosmonova

China's energy needs are off the chart and you are saying that they are buying from Russia to resell

Huh. I wonder why they wanted a re-export license for US oil.
www.reuters.com...

are you another one claiming that China is going to buy Russian gas and resell into Asian markets?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It will be really interesting to see how the events turn out after May 25 elections in Kiev and Western part of Ukraine.

East will boycott most probably. Some Oligarch might take to power and throw concessions towards Russia.

If Right Sector and Svoboda types are not too much in parliament, then peace might take some shape.

New powers in Kiev will have to declare non-interest in joining the NATO.

That might not only save them lots of trouble but also prevent their country from breaking up.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

of course it is a peacekeeping mission in Africa, we can see they are all wearing blue helmets.

new topics

top topics

<< 601  602  603    605  606  607 >>

join