It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 570
<< 567  568  569    571  572  573 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutzy

If those reports are true I'd say give him some time at least. Perhaps a miscommunication and it was meant the troops WOULD BE pulled back, perhaps.

Interesting in the least if the troops are still there for much longer though...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

It looks to me that this move by Putin is just to look good...

He will wait until the 'illegal' referendum is done to invade, because the Ukrainian army will not comply with the referendum.

He will use as excuse, the presence of the Ukrainian army in the 'new' Russian ground (east Ukraine)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Neph89

Heis calling for the suspension of the referendum though, if he sticks by that even he will not recognize it if it takes place still.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Those in the military and in the know have categorically said that Vladimir Putin doesn't have over 40,000 troops deployed on the border with Ukraine for 'exercises'. Granted, they have said for a while now that the troops on the border seem ready to invade at anytime. Russia has all the resources it needs on the border from field hospitals to supply lines and communication equipment. It has thousands of tanks, armoured personnel carriers, attack helicopters and fighter jets on the border. They have even started to re-open previously abandoned army buildings and facilities. It would have cost Russia millions of dollars to move that much firepower to the border with Ukraine and it will cost Russia a lot more to move it back which at present is not happening. What some people forget is that Putin is an ex-KGB agent and he knows what he is doing. He will invade Ukraine.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

It could be just a mistranslation, but every major news outlet seems to have in the transcripts the words ""we have pulled back" instead of "we will pull back".

Even the Russian version of the official transcript of the press conference after the meeting, found on the site of the Russian president's administration, there is the phrase "we have pulled back our troops". The English version is still being updated, so the Russian version and Google translate is the way to go at the time...
edit on Wedu3112614 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I think you are dreaming mate. If it already cost him.millions he wont care about spending a few more tonmove the troops back....why would he say it and not do it? Makes absolutely no sense....

Give it some time and I think a lot of those with the Russophobia are going to be pretty butthurt when Putin turns out somewhat reasonable. ExKGB yes so he knows what he is doing , and it is not smart to invade Ukraine at this time.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Still, I find hard to believe in Putin, he was caught with some lies like the one were he said that no Russian troops where in Crimea and then said they where there...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Thats a good point. I just finished reading the new articles on everything from RT to Reuters and you are right about the wording. I am perplexed at this point idk what TPTB have planned.

Somebody should start a thread on this supposed pullback and the updates from today.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

@itvnews: Nato says 'no indication' of Russian troops' withdrawal from Ukraine border t.co...
NATO obviously has all sorts of equipment focused on the Ukraine-Russia border so I think it would be beneficial for them to release more satellite imagery to enforce what they are claiming. Vladimir Putin is a liar, he has constantly chopped and changed during many interviews and in some interviews he has caught himself out.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I am assuming Russia might move in If Ukraine does not allow the referendum to take place in Donetsk on may 11nth . That would be the perfect pretext for Russia to move in its military ...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
News just out by FT...

@samgadjones: NATO official categorical: tells FT latest sat intel shws abs no withdrwl of RUS troops frm UKR border "They're still there ready to invade"
Doesn't Vladimir Putin know that his lies can easily be found out? Incidentally the Russian Air Force conducted more exercises on 6th May in Belgorod.
Source: ‏@JerryPopowicz.
edit on 7-5-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Another reason I would be inclined to call BS on today's announcement about the withdrawal:

I don't claim to be an expert in body language and so on, but there are clear differences between these 2 press conferences, regarding posture, gestures and the likes, the first from March about Crimea's reunion with Russia and the second one from today after the meeting with OSCE president:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

This is a political game. The EU/NATO know that Putin is not pulling he's troops back. But you and millions of other dont know that for sure.

This mess is all about US, EU and Russian intrests. Ukraine is not even a part of the Equation in this political game.

The only freedom the Ukraisn will have is what is being dictated for them either by the EU, US or Russia.

To bad the Ukrains dont Wake up and smell the crap they are in. But they are to accupied being stupid and fighting eachother.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Pavel Gubarev, "people's governor" of the Donetsk region has been released by the Ukr authorities in exchange for 3 captured SBU personnel:

Hans de Vreij @hdevreij · 3h

#Ukraine: authorities have released the 'People's Governor' of the Donetsk Region in exchange for 3 SBU personnel - media #Gubarev

GrahamWPhillips ‏@GrahamWP_UK

Unique photo of Pavel Gubarev, by Yury Snegirev, as he emerged earlier at SBU building here, 'no comment' statment. pic.twitter.com/kpShHu9B5d

TwitterPic

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Well at least some good news with the withdrawal of russian forces. I don't want to nitpick now if it's true or not, I want to believe that it is.

If this will quiet down after the regular elections on May 25th, I think the EU Nations should think about their role in the NATO. The most aggressive tones in this whole conflict came from across the pond, while most EU nations would have prefered a more diplomatic solutiomn in a "neutral" stance. Maybe it's just time to disband NATO, get our act togerther in an European Defense force and say goodbye to America. After all, the risk was and still is high, that we get dragged into a military conflict we never wanted (*cough* War on terror *cough*).
Time to put the NATO to rest and behave like grown-up, selfreliant Nations...
edit on 7/5/2014 by Talliostro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Just on track record alone, if you had to be "dictated" to by either the EU or Russia, the EU is the obvious choice.

Every former Soviet country which was left in total disarray with the collapse of the Soviet Empire has now gone on to great things since joining the EU - economies are growing, standards are up, free travel, guaranteed human rights etc.

What has Russia got to offer apart from more of the same they had for the previous 50 years? No more gays? Bans on swearing? Internet freedom being curtailed? Mafia dominated economy and Government?

Hmmm....tough choice... You can see why the Ukrainians rallied hard against the former President and his Pro-Russia stance - although I can see why he did it, it meant he could keep his embezzled funds flowing and his family members in powerful positions...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy

I don't understand a word. But clearly there is much discomfort on his speech. The discomfort it's so obvious that could be staged

In the first video (first two minutes) I had an impression of the supporting, crowed back in the days of Hitler ascension to power.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

If i were a Ukrain i would not want to be dictated by the EU/US or Russia. I would want to trade equally With all Three parties.

But that would not be acceptable because the real confrontation in this geopolitical game is between Russia and EU/US.
Non of them would allow Ukraine to trade With both sides.

- The EU is not as great as it is being adverticed as. The EU is up the Creek With economic problems. And the Ukrain dont have a diam to share With the EU. The EU only see Ukrain as a potential loaner of Euro. If the Ukrain makes deals With the EU. Ukraine will be in debth to the EU as long as there is a EU.

When you are in debth to someone you are far from free.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorT

Where did you find the photo, because I saw it posted on Jerry Popowicz's twitter profile and he states it was taken yesterday, May 6th:

Jerry Popowicz ‏@JerryPopowicz

Russian Air Force helicopters have resumed flights over Belgorod - May 6th via VK (Spotters Team) #Ukraine pic.twitter.com/xAdxlpN0LS

TwitPic

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

On the contrary, the EU was quite happy to trade with Russia and have Ukraine do the same. It was Russia who said "either or" with it's bribes, gas leverage and connections. Russia is/was a major trading partner of the EU so not sure quite why you think the EU would object to Ukraine trading with both parties.

And you're also way late for slamming the EU economy - over the worst and many of the major economies are doing very well indeed, especially the UK and Germany. The UK is the fastest growing Western economy right now.

top topics

<< 567  568  569    571  572  573 >>

join