It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandmother works her entire life and saves up, money goes missing from bank

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

999zxcv

research100
reply to post by 999zxcv

go to the tv news, or the local paper,have them investigate... get the story out there, the bank will not want this kind of publicity,....good luck with this, what a crappy thing to happen.

edit on 28-2-2014 by research100 because: added sentence
i would give the bank manager24 hour's to fix this then buy a old panel van and in big letters on the side tell the story just before the paper's turned up .

had a friend who did this to a garage and it worked a treat

A bank is not a garage.

Think higher level, and operate as a sophisticated businessman would. Ask the branch manager who is their regulating authority (state, Federal Reserve or Office of Controller of Currency, and for a name of their bank inspector. Before you go, find out this information on your own so you can call the bank on BS if necessary and show that you are not going to be a sucker who goes away.

www.helpwithmybank.gov...

Higher quality institutions will make efforts to correct their errors once this reaches a sufficient management level.

edit on 7-3-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Oh Good.. another thread where I can tell folks; DON"T USE BANKS !!!

Do a google search and you'll find this happen more often than one would think - and it's the Banks themselves stealing the moneyI

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Maybe grandmama got a call before she died, not sure if she was in hospital for a time or not. Would not surprise me in the least if someone scammed her personal info and slowly depleted her account. These scum will stop at nothing to part people with their money. Another thought maybe she did a reverse mortgage as this also seems to the going flavour for the banks today. Let grandmam live more than comfortable on her equity so there is nothing left to pass down and the bank takes all, but i guess they would have paper work for that. Not saying grandmama doesn't deserve to live comfortable on her own savings, just that the banks have been really pushing this in commercials and ads. So who knows.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

THIS STOPS NOW>

GET ON TOPIC AND REMAIN ON TOPIC.

YOU WILL BE POST BANNED.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Text She left her house to my fiance, but its currently in his aunts--the grandmother's daughter's--care. The family says that she intended the house be left for the family, and she had other wishes she wanted fulfilled after her death, but as far as the will itself--I'm really unsure if her after death demands were considered "legal" or not. If not, then its obvious the government decided to take all the money. 

This is the part that peaks my suspicion meter

The aunt doesnt have a say unless she plans on protesting the will

This also eludes to there being other things that are going on behind the scene In the family

What first hand knowledge does the girlfirend have?

This story seems all fubar

Considering the girlfriend doesnt knowhow the law works and can be persuaded by an online name into believing the state gets everything when You die

Everyones story In this tale is suspect

Ill stick with a scamming boyfriend

And take the aunts word over his. The kids will know what the will says and what the grandmothers wishes were. The grandson wont

My bet is the bank account and house will be put Into a funnd that will bedivided among the Living children.

Until we get info on what the will says its all bs from the boyfriend and second hand info from hisgirlfriend

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

What first hand knowledge does the girlfirend have?

Gee, I guess you're right. I mean, he's only a childhood friend of mine, I'm living with him, seeing all this unfold in front of me on a constant basis. What on earth would I know about it? You got me.

[snip]

By the way, I know him better than I know anyone else, and excluding the details which have almost blatantly proven to me that he's innocent in this situation out of respect for his privacy, I can say that your scamming boyfriend idea just isn't true. I can halfway understand why you'd think of it that way, considering you apparently have a manipulative brother, but I can assure you, that is not the case here.

edit on Xx65020231PM32 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Then what does the will stipulate?

Does he get the house or not?

Does it say anything about her savings?

What has the aunt told you?

What do the other surviving children say?

Why did yiur man not know abiut the wishes the aunt says gma had as to plans for the house?

Did yiu attend the reading of the will?

To me yiur answer is the same as the parents who never thought their son was capable of (insert behavior here) after he was caught

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

I'm not going to answer those questions. They're stemming into a lot of personal matters that I don't want to divulge on ATS. There is no convincing you, and you're entitled to your opinion, but all I can tell you is, you're wrong.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm guessing the money is not missing, but rather, the boyfreind is being told that because he was ever supposed to get it and it's easier for the family to just tell him it's gone rather than to argue with him about it.... or he's lying to the op about it all.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

you have failed to answer any meaningfull question which would allow any rational analysis of the OP claims - so the thread has become redundant

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

ignorant_ape

you have failed to answer any meaningfull question which would allow any rational analysis of the OP claims - so the thread has become redundant

Well, then I guess the thread dies here.

I can't answer anymore questions, I've stated why multiple times.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm sorry about that. I wish people who experience these events the most of luck while correcting the problem. I'm afraid the only thing one can do is contact the police. Attempting to do anything yourself could lead to more problems.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
More people have been obtaining reverse mortgages, primarily retirees and senior citizens. A lender mortgages a property from the owner and pays them with either a lump sum or in monthly installments for a defined period of time. The owner can decide to repay the amount or let the lender take possession of the house after they die. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has prepared a study for Congress over the state of reverse mortgages in the nation. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is concerned about reverse mortgages having a harmful impact on senior citizens who borrow them against the equity in their homes during retirement. Get help while waiting for a reverse mortgage with a short term loan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join