It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandmother works her entire life and saves up, money goes missing from bank

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
So, lets say there's this really sweet old woman who spends her entire life working and saving up a large amounts of money for her family. This old woman passes away, and shortly afterwards, ALL the money she saved vanished.

Very few people had access to her money--her closest family, sweet old fashioned people who are completely distraught by the situation. It seems extremely unlikely that anyone who had legal access to the bank would have taken it... I saw the reactions of the family. They are speechlessly disheartened.

Its Regions bank. The woman's daughter said they were using that bank for nearly two generations, but they now have a different name, meaning they've taken new ownership, meaning different people are running the bank than before.

Could be one of those cases of employees smuggling money, in which case an investigation and pressing charges may be an option. But if any higher-ups are sticking their greedy fingers into this money, there's gonna be no trace or trail of the wrongdoings, and the money is forever gone.

This old woman was my fiance's grandmother, someone he was very close to, and someone who very much valued hard work and earning properly, no stealing, lying, or cheating. She collected coupons and stamps and whatnot, very old ones at that. She also liked to make things with yarn. This has gone beyond stealing someone's money--someone has stolen her life. Everything she ever earned in her life, gone like it never existed.

Naturally, we're all infuriated.

I have no idea what happened, but someone--an identity thief (highly unlikely, but possible), a selfish employee, or some pretentious suited vulture who owns a good chunk of the world's wealth has stolen this wonderful old woman's life away. Next, the bank will come here and try to take her house--yeah, they take people's property unlawfully too, we've all heard about it.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that the state of the world is getting completely ridiculous, disgusting, and frankly unacceptable for anyone who has any sort of morale, or value for making an honest living.

edit on Xx502111128PM211 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
File a police report.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Sounds like bank fraud.
File a police report and ask to speak with the investigator assigned to your case, be sure to give them any info they might need as well.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
If i had a $1 for everytime i have heard a story like this over the year's with lawyer's and care staff,and banks praying on people i would file a law suit and get their records inspected go to a regulator bad PR for them .

But the bankers seem to be teflon coated
good luck in you'r quest

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

yep, I agree with the other members about calling the cops.
There is always a paper trail.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

go to the tv news, or the local paper,have them investigate... get the story out there, the bank will not want this kind of publicity,....good luck with this, what a crappy thing to happen.

edit on 28-2-2014 by research100 because: added sentence

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

This is why the only bank I trust is the Mayonnaise jar in my backyard.

Seriously though I would imagine it is much more likely that it is one or more of the varied family members acting in an effort to disinherit the remaining family members. This is especially true if there was no will. No will may have triggered a cash grab by those with access.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
There will be authorities involved.

Don't worry bout that.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

research100
reply to post by 999zxcv

go to the tv news, or the local paper,have them investigate... get the story out there, the bank will not want this kind of publicity,....good luck with this, what a crappy thing to happen.

i would give the bank manager24 hour's to fix this then buy a old panel van and in big letters on the side tell the story just before the paper's turned up .

had a friend who did this to a garage and it worked a treat

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
That bank should be ashamed of themselves and as others suggest you should notify authoritys or hire a private investigator.
Personally when I come across shady businesses I make reports to consumer advocate groups so others think twice about dealing with them.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

XxNightAngelusxX
There will be authorities involved.

Don't worry bout that.

Well then follow that path. Depending on results ... figure out a step 2.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
There are quite a few reports and massive complaints about this bank.

Sorry to hear about this.. This bank needs to suffer some real wrath for all of it.

Regions bank employee caught stealling

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
That is so sad what the eff is this world coming too! Personally id file a police report if you havent already and have it thoroughly investigated and keep on their case about it, id contact some kind of current affairs programme too if you dont get answers get the spotlight on the bank for letting something as awful as that happen!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Don't you have bank statements?

A paper trail...the bank will have to produce an accounting to the Executor of the Estate at some point. They can't just say "oh we lost the money"...don't think that flies in Probate Court - not yet anyway.
edit on 1-3-2014 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

research100
reply to post by 999zxcv

Good idea! I hope they catch whoever is responsible. What they did was just heartless and unacceptable! What an outrage!!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Isnt it INSURED?

If the bank is claiming withdrawals were made, it is required to write down the ID# from the state issued photo ID (usually driver's license or non-drivers identification card) on the slip where the withdrawal was made.

if it was that many ATM withdrawals to add up to so much, likewise there would be ATM camera footage archive to summon electronically.

this with MULTIPLE BANK EXECUTIVE's DEATHS IN RECENT MONTH, offers a startling truth: Collapse.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Good luck.

It was likely an estate manager, likely a younger cousin/sibling.

If not, just remember that we are all human. Humans who have to sleep...

Much luck!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
There are few ways to withdraw large amounts of money from a bank.

Small amounts over time can be hard to track.

But for someone to walk into a bank and withdraw money they get caught on camera.

There is a time and date stamp.

The banks computer has a time and date stamp for the transaction.

Even ATMs have cameras.

This leaves few ways for money to JUST disappear.

The bank has to explain these. the bank will have to produce an accounting to the Executor of the Estate.

They also can not put off the Executor of the Estate till these records are lost. any bank that can not come up with these records within 24 hours is up to something.

I have been the Executor of a Estate

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

i don't mean to be rude - but what evidence do you have that there was ever any fortune ???????

I am not trolling - but the reality of peoples lives often varies enormously from what other people think was going on and the closer [ family ] they are the more distoreded the opinion

there is only one course of action in the first instance - demand all statements for all accounts and see if the money was ever there - and if it was the intervening documentation will show where it went - simples

edditt to add :

are you certain you are looking at the right bank , or even that the presumed fortune was banked ?
edit on 1-3-2014 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Another possible explanation is that the government took the money. Did your fiance's grandmother allow the account to go "dormant"? If so, the government seizes the money. If this is the case, the bank would have warned your fiance's grandmother that the account was about to go dormant and that a transaction was necessary to keep the account alive. Unfortunately, when people get older they sometimes fail to respond to some warning letters as they just don't understand the consequences and don't have the desire to work on the situation.

Based on your sketchy information, this situation could also have occurred. I don't know how you would get the account out of dormancy and into her estate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join