It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bolt hole (Replacing the Morning coffee thread)

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by cody599

i love slow cooked beef, bone in. that is what i wanted last night, but the kid made me do meatballs instead. I intended to slow cook some chuck roast tonight, but i got the achiote this morning, and changed plans.

Tomorrow...ill have some beef then

Just put the ribs in a marinade for tomorrow

The beef was droolingly good, I reduced the sauce and added some butter to get 'that' sheen and intensify the flavour.

Had it with par boiled potatoes (cut quite small ) fluffed up and then deep fried, and some bread I made to mop up the sauce.

Nom nom nom

Been playing with CS 5 you can see what I came up with in the creations thread, nothing too fancy but fun to create

Enjoy your beef bro

Cody

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Aye well that's the thing, isn't it, that's it's not the folk who are manufacturing medicines at ridiculous prices who are losing out. It seems to be the normal (no offense, lol) people who are being hit hardest.
Sheer greed and no common sense is a hideous mixture, that's for sure. Unfortunately it seems a prerequisite in politics.

I must say though, Cody's doing a fine job on the new coffee thread - you must have taught him well!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I'm sorry, but I will need subtitles with that video - I tried

I also started channeling Alan Bennett in that response to Darkblade, I've no idea why. It just came out. For maximum effect, read it in a sort of Yorkshire accent

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

I must say though, Cody's doing a fine job on the new coffee thread - you must have taught him well!

I am but a mere apprentice to the master and am honoured with his presence

Slide ........................................................c(_)

Cody

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

beansidhe
reply to post by cody599

I'm sorry, but I will need subtitles with that video - I tried

I also started channeling Alan Bennett in that response to Darkblade, I've no idea why. It just came out. For maximum effect, read it in a sort of Yorkshire accent

LOL

Yeah that works for me

Cody

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I spoke with our friend, Littled, on f/b last week. She asked me to say hello to all you guys and gals, and let you know she is doing fine.

Here's to all the friends we've made on ATS! Cheers!

Are any of you going to participate in this experiment this Sunday?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3/27/2014 by sled735 because: fix format

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thanks for letting us know sled

Massive hugs next time you talk for littled and one right now for you (((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

And yeah, here's to all the friends we've made on ATS

CHEERS

Cody

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by cody599

i love slow cooked beef, bone in. that is what i wanted last night, but the kid made me do meatballs instead. I intended to slow cook some chuck roast tonight, but i got the achiote this morning, and changed plans.

Tomorrow...ill have some beef then

Tomorrow's dinner, to be slow roasted, the rest of the rack is in the fridge taking on flavour in small batches as well

Just turning it all *Drool*

Cody

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

cody599
CHEERS

id hazard a guess that is pinot noir. that is my favorite red wine. I hate sweet wines (moscato, etc), can tolerate rieseling though. Merlot is like drinking battery acid to me.

In your marinade...what are the larger chunks (they look like chopped cashews, although that obviously isn't what they are).

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

(I'm guessing garlic in the marinade?)

Whew. I'm going to be out for a few days from ATS. My hands will be full with family - a good, if challenging, weekend is ahead.
See you all next week! (I'm feeling a tiny bit better, just weak - *sigh* - not my favorite feeling.)

peace and happy almost weekend!

- AB

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

double post???? How did that happen??? Sorry... mumble...mumble...TWICE?!?!? mutter mutter...weird...
edit on 27-3-2014 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

AboveBoard

(I'm guessing garlic in the marinade?)

Whew. I'm going to be out for a few days from ATS. My hands will be full with family - a good, if challenging, weekend is ahead.
See you all next week! (I'm feeling a tiny bit better, just weak - *sigh* - not my favorite feeling.)

peace and happy almost weekend!

- AB

Don't wear yourself out AB, you'll be missed, we'll keep the home fires burning until your return

Enjoy your time with your family my friend and see you next week

Cody

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

cody599
CHEERS

id hazard a guess that is pinot noir. that is my favorite red wine. I hate sweet wines (moscato, etc), can tolerate rieseling though. Merlot is like drinking battery acid to me.

In your marinade...what are the larger chunks (they look like chopped cashews, although that obviously isn't what they are).

The larger chunks are, as AB said, garlic

The rest is tomato ketchup (catsup), local honey, thai sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce (light and dark), worcestershire sauce, the dry ingredients ............ salt, pepper, paprika, garlic salt, onion salt,............then tabasco to taste.

The best red wine I've ever tasted BFFT is the nectar that Rodinus's family produce, truly a delight to drink, and the red champagne they make is amazing, I'd highly recommend you ask him to take some when he has a business trip to the US and get it to you somehow.

Cody

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I've noticed a trend here. Every weekend you and yours do a roast.

When can I move in?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Dawg my door is always open to you

Please put the toilet seat down when finished or face 'THAT' look from Mrs C

You have been warned !

And watch out for the gorilla................. he sleepwalks

Cody

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
*Pops head around the thread door and waves a big cheery hi to all*

Yum yum... methinks that a roast sounds like a good idea this weekend... saying that, they have announced good weather over here so might just crank the BBQ up again and get some decent red uncorked...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Rodinus
*Pops head around the thread door and waves a big cheery hi to all*

Yum yum... methinks that a roast sounds like a good idea this weekend... saying that, they have announced good weather over here so might just crank the BBQ up again and get some decent red uncorked...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Well about bloody time you rocked up you big tart

I mean ............................. actually I mean exactly that

Welcome back bro

Cody

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Yeah, cody has definitely pushed me over the edge here. Now to decide if i will thaw that big old 15lb brisket, or if i want some beef ribs and chuck roast.

I have been craving some good, roasted red beets, too. They are high in carbs...so i may have to forego them. But brisket and roasted beets....a good combination
edit on 3/28/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Rod's got the bbq out, I dare say some wild boar and/or venison will be on the menu (If he managed to shoot one this year). Bring your swimming trunks, and a knowledge of the pincer movement (needed for throwing Rod jnr into the pool).

I'd highly recommend avoiding the snails bro, but the wine is to die for

Cody

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Thanks for the hug, Cody. I'll tell Littled next time I see her on f/b.

I love hugs!

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join