It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bolt hole (Replacing the Morning coffee thread)

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

AboveBoard
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

They are super-cute! And no doubt three hands-full when they get bigger!!!

(sigh - this is the height of my abilities today - we (my son and I) have the "crud")

- AB

It rolled through my house last week.
I had it very lightly. Everyone else acted like they had man flu.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
*waves at everyone*

Hope you all are having a great week!
Work has been consuming my life! lol

Anyways....I needed a place to drop this...
*drops an object and zooms away*

edit on 26-3-2014 by Darkblade71 because: Added jet fighter

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hello, Hello, Hello Dolls!

I can hardly believe it's already the end of March

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
AB, hope you feel better soon. Loving the animal pics and interesting vids.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thanks, Night Star. Most appreciated. I'm falling asleep here, so I'll bid all goodnight!

peace,
AB

ps - the pic is very sweet!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Ah yes, "man flu," known to be 1000 times worse than flu experienced by women and children, and requiring constant nursing care.
No, I went to work tonight, now I'm back home and can't keep my eyes open any longer.

No "man flu" for me! Just "the crud" with a side of "slightly pitiful."

- AB

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Good morning all

AB hope you are feeling better

I'm working from home for a couple of days (The coffee is so much better) and I get to do slow cooked shin of beef for tonight, it's a win win situation

Cody

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Darkblade71
*waves at everyone*

Hope you all are having a great week!
Work has been consuming my life! lol

Anyways....I needed a place to drop this...
*drops an object and zooms away*

edit on 26-3-2014 by Darkblade71 because: Added jet fighter

DB always a pleasure to see you my friend

You need to slow down a bit mate

Cody

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Darth_Prime
Hello, Hello, Hello Dolls!

I can hardly believe it's already the end of March

Hiya hunty

Welcome back to the kiki, looking fierce from here

Cody

edit on 27/3/14 by cody599 because: Crap typing

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Hey Cody, I'm calling in to say hi to you all, before I finally lose the plot with these stones of mine! Now the pesky Hungarians are getting in on the act! I daren't show my face on Jane's 'Celt's' thread, in case it turns out I'm a Phoenician, lol!

How's things with you, any sign of Spring in the Saaaath? (My best English accent, hope you like!)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

beansidhe
reply to post by cody599

Hey Cody, I'm calling in to say hi to you all, before I finally lose the plot with these stones of mine! Now the pesky Hungarians are getting in on the act! I daren't show my face on Jane's 'Celt's' thread, in case it turns out I'm a Phoenician, lol!

How's things with you, any sign of Spring in the Saaaath? (My best English accent, hope you like!)

Hi Beansie

Yeah that thread flew big time. Well done

Daan saaff (we don't use th) but a bloody good go, spring is freatening to break frough, the first flowers are blossoming and it's a joy to see a possible end to a horrible winter at last.

I've been lucky enough to go out for a few early morning rides, and had a ride frough Landon on a glorious Sunday morning, then came home frough the back roads.

It's tentative, but spring is doing battle and occasionally winning
I'm doing my best to support it at every opportunity

Fanks for joining the fread and welcome to The bolt hole
The (the only time we use th) the more the merrier

Cody

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

cody599
Good morning all

I'm working from home for a couple of days (The coffee is so much better) and I get to do slow cooked shin of beef for tonight, it's a win win situation

Cody

Slow cook beef shank....that sounds really good. I like to do ox tails with them, too. Love me some shank and cabbage.

We are doing roasted achiote chicken. A chef I know made a rather large batch of achiote and has gifted me about a half pound of it.

The vinaigrette i made last night is a roasted red pepper (italian flavored). I might need to whip up a more latin inspired version for tonight. Or maybe just blend some latin ingredients into the roasted red pepper one?

But ill never get to eat tonight if i don't get some work done....

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

cody599
Good morning all

Cody

Slow cook beef shank....that sounds really good. I like to do ox tails with them, too. Love me some shank and cabbage.

We are doing roasted achiote chicken. A chef I know made a rather large batch of achiote and has gifted me about a half pound of it.

The vinaigrette i made last night is a roasted red pepper (italian flavored). I might need to whip up a more latin inspired version for tonight. Or maybe just blend some latin ingredients into the roasted red pepper one?

But ill never get to eat tonight if i don't get some work done....

I had to google achiote

Sounds amazing I could almost smell it through the screen *Drool*

The beef has been in the oven for *checks watch* 6 hours, in a beef stock and ale base, with shallots and chestnut mushrooms, garlic and a few chilli's for a bit of a kick. Added to that some flour to thicken the sauce (salt and pepper induced flour) a hint of brown sugar and wholegrain mustard.

Just off to 'Season to taste' now that Mrs C is home, another hour and BAM flavour explosion.

But I think your roasted achiote chicken will be out of this world, I'm gonna google to see if we can get the seeds over here

Thanks for the heads up bro

Cody

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I'm trying.

Another month though and there won't be enough hours,
so I have to earn as much as I can ASAP.

The "Obamacare" really screwed up my job.

So I have very little time left to make some hours before I can no longer work more than 29 a week...
It sux...lol

But hey....there is always coffee!!

*sip*

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Man that sucks big time DB

I don't understand the whole Obamacare thing, we have free health care over here, but it seems to have screwed over a lot of you guys. I understand now your absence, make the money whilst you can my friend.

Love and hugs to Roses as well

Cody

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Oh yeah, Saaf, that sounds better, lol!
Glad to hear you're getting out on the bike. There's nothing like going down some wee country lanes when the snowdrops and bluebells are out, the blossom's on the trees -aah, heaven!

Darkblade, I don't understand Obamacare either - it sounded like a great idea to me, since we're used to free healthcare, but doesn't look like it works that way in practice. Seems like a bit of a disaster?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

i love slow cooked beef, bone in. that is what i wanted last night, but the kid made me do meatballs instead. I intended to slow cook some chuck roast tonight, but i got the achiote this morning, and changed plans.

Tomorrow...ill have some beef then

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

I think it is a total disaster...but I also believe that it will fail.

They would be better off fixing the over pricing and corruption in the medical system with insurance fraud and big pharmacies first befpore forcing people into buying into a broken system WITH a broken system.

I am all for "free" medical care, but not this way, and not like what they are pushing.
The medical system is broken and needs to be fixed before anything else can happen.
That is just the smart thing to do and my current administration is thinking I am a dumbass....lol

But it will fail when they find that not nearly enough people will sign up for it no matter how much they push it on us.
Just getting to that point is going to suck because everyone is already trying to find ways to adjust (employers) and it is really slapping the little people like me.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

beansidhe
reply to post by cody599

Oh yeah, Saaf, that sounds better, lol!
Glad to hear you're getting out on the bike. There's nothing like going down some wee country lanes when the snowdrops and bluebells are out, the blossom's on the trees -aah, heaven!

Darkblade, I don't understand Obamacare either - it sounded like a great idea to me, since we're used to free healthcare, but doesn't look like it works that way in practice. Seems like a bit of a disaster?

Now you're getting it beansie

Practice makes perfect

Cody

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join