It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive US naval armada heads for Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Massive US naval armada heads for Iran

europebusines.blogspot.com

The build up of naval forces in the Gulf will be one of the largest multi-national naval armadas since the First and Second Gulf Wars. The intent is to create a US/EU naval blockade (which is an Act of War under international law) around Iran (with supporting air and land elements) to prevent the shipment of benzene and certain other refined oil products headed to Iranian ports. Iran has limited domestic oil refining capacity and imports 40% of its benzene. Cutting off benzene and other key products would cripple the Iranian economy. The neo-cons are counting on such a blockade launching a war with Iran.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
lataan.blogspot.com

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
This is just a follow up to my last post.. War is iminent!

europebusines.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
This is not news this is HEARSAY made up garbage.
There is already a thread for the carrier groups headed toward the gulf.
And there is NO official statement about any blockade.
Remove my post ok I don't care less, but you'll still be a moron...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

thats not the right attitude to have, millions of innocent people might die, i feel sad...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
No word of the blockade, Ron Paul blasted that wide open when they tried to call it something else. But I thought they backed down? If this is happening now, I am heading for the bomb shelter.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
It's all a bit twisted really.
The US and EU want to put in place a naval blockade against Iran which, it is already understood, is tantamount to an act of war based in international law.

Yet, if Iran retaliates against those vessels in any way they will be the guilty party responsible for kicking off war? am I missing something here?
Why is it ok for the US and it's lackeys to create a blatantly volatile situation yet expect to play the poor victims of aggression if Iran strikes back?

As always, I guess it's all in the spin we are sold.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
how reliable is the source? if this is true then we are on a knifes edge right now,

strange as the edia is priarily focused on china and the olympics

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Truther

* Make sure it is a news story and not just an op/ed or some blogger's opinion. Invalid news items will be moved, closed or deleted.

This is not from a news source.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I'd be extremely wary of any such reports. It's an interesting blog post, but it's still a blog post.

People can rant and rave about the evil mainstream media not reporting it, but there's nothing on Iranian news about it. Something like that wouldn't go un-noticed.

Besides, weren't the US going to send more fleets of something-a-rather to the ME anyway? There was a carrier carrying aid and medical supplies to West Papua recently. There's ships everywhere, man

I don't think the US can open up another front - if Israel wants to do something, it'll probably be their show.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by Truther

* Make sure it is a news story and not just an op/ed or some blogger's opinion. Invalid news items will be moved, closed or deleted.

This is not from a news source.

I agree. You scared plucky and if it was not for this kind gentleman to reel me in, I dont know what I would have done.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Yeah they do that and China will declare war, perhaps economic war, because they stated MANY TIMES that they would declare war on WHOEVER block the strait of hormuz and the flow of oil to China.

China also have a big investment in Iran... over 100 billions $ over 25 years.... so if the US fark it... China could dump the US dollar. Anyway, the US isn't buying as much stuff from China as it used to be... so destroying a major enemy while losing a few more sales is worth it.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I have to agree. This is a persons blog, not a news source. I'd expect it to be moved out of BAN and put somewhere else.

May I suggest reading *Revised* - Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

Especially this little tidbit-

For future BAN attempts.

Cuhail

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Yeh cuhail I agree.BAN ain't the place for blog comments.
Im clicking the BAN links and now getting someones blog typing.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Yeah they do that and China will declare war, perhaps economic war, because they stated MANY TIMES that they would declare war on WHOEVER block the strait of hormuz and the flow of oil to China.

China also have a big investment in Iran... over 100 billions $ over 25 years.... so if the US fark it... China could dump the US dollar. Anyway, the US isn't buying as much stuff from China as it used to be... so destroying a major enemy while losing a few more sales is worth it.

China doesn't have enough naval resources to even remotely contend with a build-up of this magnitude. They don't even have an aircraft carrier yet. Their first ones are still in production and haven't received the ones they bought from Russia yet.

Only Russia could pose a risk factor for the 5th fleet as they have a formidable navy with long-strike projection capabilities but it still wouldn't be enough. They don't have the money to go to war with the US in that context.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I dont believe this is happening personally...even if the EU and American media put a big blanket over this and kept everyones attention with the olympics,id still see another media outlet talking about it....im skeptical there is going to be a buildup this large.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Lethil I agree its not happening man.
They just sold off billions in euro's and moved into US bonds.
There is no end of the world scenario happening here.
Euro and US are both sound and doing well compared to how people try and portrait it.
The US economy although we been through a rough stretch is gonna do fine.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Sorry but I don't like the source and, this is not an NEWS source - predictions and speculations all over the Internet, even if it's true, it's not breaking news.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The US Department of Defense was asked about the two carrier groups (major strike groups) heading to Iran today and they had "no comment".

No comment means yes, but we aren't saying why.

It's following this pattern:

-- Iran was asked to make a decision once and for all about continuing their weapons-grade Nuclear program.

-- They responded with a NO, they will not stop it.

-- Last week, US and Israeli officials meet and discuss situation. Israel gets "green light" to conduct air strikes by the US administration.

-- After this meeting, Iran threatens to block the Strait of Hormuz

-- The US responds with "That would not be in Iran's best interest right now" and sends two more strike groups to the Gulf.

What do you think will happen next?

[edit on 8-8-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
yah...i could see america and israel doing it....but France? the UK? btw this isnt america bashing,its just usually most of the EU like to play nice diplomatic guys even though all the countries in question are intertwined...really...i think this info is weak at best...two crarrier groups doesnt equal the buildup mentioned in the blog...those numbers are just silly.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Lethil]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join