It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive US naval armada heads for Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MASH_DADDY

Pack up your bag, time for school boy.

That is just gross. What do you want with a school boy?

(Note: poor grammar will, at times, make you seem like you want school children; to avoid this, adhere to proper conventions in writing.)

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
While I respect each of your rights to express your views here. I have trouble accepting it under the banner of this thread title.

» Breaking Alternative News » Massive US naval armada heads for Iran »

This title implies anything but what it is, an unestablished opinion.

This does not qualify to be categorized as "Breaking News" in my opinion.

If you all agree that it is, please indicate so, because I would like to request that this thread be considered by a mod to determine if it needs to be moved. Your objections will be respected if you disagree I will not do so.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I am with you Max.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Most kind. I will give others an opportunity to continue, assuming we don't have a unanimous position on this..

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther

Boo hoo hooo,,, There sending them because Iran threatened to lay mines again and blow up ships in that region. You also forgot to say it was a UN amendment that they decided to disregard. This whole article plays up to the sympathy of Iran. I dont understand you people. Iran wants to kill Jews, homosexuals, women that dont bow down, people who smoke pot, just about anyone they deem infidels. I for one am tired of this #. Another country should not be able to threaten another country with genocide at any cost. Would you give an ex murderer a gun... no. People this is common sense 101. These posts have pushed me to the limit, I am one step away from removing my bookmark. I joined this site thinking I would be able to discuss topics with rational individuals, I honestly thought this site was reputable but with post like this. I have done some research and have found out quite a few people with repeatable backgrounds in ufology will not lend there name to this site, I am beginning to understand why. I wouldn't want to look like a US hater, loon, terrorist sympathizer, racist. Its very easy to see that this is a site where many people of those characteristics reside.

When you have a country that makes threats like these www.foxnews.com...
on a daily basis then we would be stupid not to be on alert. They have went on record many times saying death to Isreal, Death to UK, and Death to the US. What in "not being stable enough to have a nuclear weapon" do you guys not understand. This country is highly unstable. I currently have 5 email pals from Iran, they are all under the age of 25. I am told thru them that most of the young population over there dislike the Ayatollah and the extremist religious regeim. As a veteran of the 92 gulf war what I hear them say reminds me exactly of the Iraq's wanting freedom from Saddam.

If your so "war is imminent" Truther then why not be alarmed by Russia attacking the sovereign nation of Georgia. Does that not figure into your hatred of America. That to me is far more alarming than us portecting the straight that half the worlds oil goes thru and trying to keep some radical country from getting weapons that could destroy that trade. Then the whole regions trade would be up in smoke.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by alienj]

[edit on 8-8-2008 by alienj]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by alienj

I consent to just about every word.
I just ran some research regarding this topics and found that, like, a year ago Iran ships threatened U.S. Navy carriers.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
As if the United States does not have 1 or 2 Carrier Fleets in the area of the middle east.

Ever since the Second World War (we) the United States of America have been the World's Police. The United Nations is nothing but a corrupt group of self appointed A-holes.

Sorry my English subjects and Friends, but the United States saved you and the rest of Europe in 2 Wars! After we kicked you’re a** in 2 Wars – Revolution, and the War of 1812.

It's time the United States minded their own business, let the rest of the world settle their problems. Let the rest of you commit atrocities against each other, without our intervention.

After having served and fought in many areas of the world, I could care less for American Forces saving the World. It’s time America focuses on itself and not be the Worlds focus.

Yet, had America done that in 1939 you in Europe would be speaking German now and the 3rd Reich would be alive and well. Asia would be under the hands of the Imperial Japanese Army!

Those who do not recall history will be destined to repeat it!

Semper Fi,

VDOG.45

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I don't know, but i know something is definatley going down here!

I will be watching this matter very seriously, and I advise you all to do the same, my friends!

www.foxnews.com...://www.foxnews.com/

And I hate Fox News!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther

I am just gonna say this...
I am an American who is 38 years old and I, just in my lifetime have observed much more than the average American when it comes to the military due to my father and brother being in VERY unusual and deep situations as they are and have been in VERY deep and unusual military missions, and have knowledge that the ordinary civilians NEVER hear about. I love ATS and I come here daily and nightly to check out the latest threads and news, and I cringe when I see posts stating that the US is strapped financially and stretched to the gills militarily due to all that the United States is currently undergoing with Iraq and Afghanistan. And that we are a diminishing country financially and militarily and that we are not the world superpower any longer and all the other bull# that I read.
All I can say is YOU HAVE NO CLUE what is REALLY going on behind closed doors. and to the extent of our Technology.
Almost all that you see or hear in the news is total BS and has been since at least 2000.
Including the crap about how bad our economy is and how strapped and stretched thin we are militarily. You see what OUR government WANTS you to see.
To be honest, and I am saying this totally out of my own disgust at the way the rest of the world and even the majority of our own citizens THINK they understand what we are about. There is not a nation on this planet, that will stand a chance if we EVER truly go to war with them even though we are supposedly stretched thin in numbers. Know this...WE ARE NOT stretched thin, and the weapons and technology we have that you have never seen would blow your mind to the point that you would think you were watching a SciFi flick.
YES, gas prices are kind of high, and the housing market is not doing real well, and there are a few other small things that make you think we are in trouble, but believe you me when i say that it is all an illusion, and maybe even the grandest of illusions.
You see, if we are to let the world know the real details of our military, or decisions then we would not hold the upper hand when it comes to certain things.
SO, there are many enormous secrets that we keep SECRET and use propaganda to throw off anyone who thinks they have it all figured out.
If we were to right now go to war with another country no matter who it was, we would destroy them in a VERY quick and orderly fashion.
What is going on in the middle east is all a big illusion and it is and has played out just as we wanted to since the beginning.
believe me or not, I could care less. But i am just disgusted with so many people claiming that the US is done, and that the Dollar will fall, and all the other BS.
Like I said from the beginning, if you only had a clue.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthsurfer

You seem very pasionate with "your known truth" my friend!

Can you give evidence at all, to back up your comments?

Because otherswise, as i'm sure you can appreciate, they are just words!

If you really care, tell us what you know? And how you know?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DarksDeception

I was waiting for this exact reply, cookies to you for being the one to ask it.
I would be insane to explain what and how I know the things that I know.
And like I stated in the initial post, I could care less if you believe me or not, but it eats at me to no end to see some of the crap that I have read in several threads recently about how screwed up the US is, and how bad off we supposedly are. It is very hard to know things that you extremely want to share but can't due to many different reasons.
All i can do by simply being human is vent, and I guess that is all I have done, but I can in no manner go into detail about my knowledge of certain things.
Thank you for reading my post and have a wonderful weekend!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by VDOG.45
As if the United States does not have 1 or 2 Carrier Fleets in the area of the middle east.

Ever since the Second World War (we) the United States of America have been the World's Police. The United Nations is nothing but a corrupt group of self appointed A-holes.

Sorry my English subjects and Friends, but the United States saved you and the rest of Europe in 2 Wars! After we kicked you’re a** in 2 Wars – Revolution, and the War of 1812.

It's time the United States minded their own business, let the rest of the world settle their problems. Let the rest of you commit atrocities against each other, without our intervention.

After having served and fought in many areas of the world, I could care less for American Forces saving the World. It’s time America focuses on itself and not be the Worlds focus.

Yet, had America done that in 1939 you in Europe would be speaking German now and the 3rd Reich would be alive and well. Asia would be under the hands of the Imperial Japanese Army!

Those who do not recall history will be destined to repeat it!

Semper Fi,

VDOG.45

It's that kind of arrogant gum flapping that makes even your allies hate the sight of you. Fortunately, I'm English, married to an American, and have lived in both countries - so I know that not all Americans are like you. Thank god. I actually spend a lot of my time defending America from its haters in Europe, but when I come across people like you I can only throw my hands up and admit defeat.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by BaileyKat]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by stealthsurfer
reply to post by DarksDeception

I was waiting for this exact reply, cookies to you for being the one to ask it.
I would be insane to explain what and how I know the things that I know.
And like I stated in the initial post, I could care less if you believe me or not, but it eats at me to no end to see some of the crap that I have read in several threads recently about how screwed up the US is, and how bad off we supposedly are. It is very hard to know things that you extremely want to share but can't due to many different reasons.
All i can do by simply being human is vent, and I guess that is all I have done, but I can in no manner go into detail about my knowledge of certain things.
Thank you for reading my post and have a wonderful weekend!

so yeah all this might and technology cant defeat an insurgency in a country like iraq?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Time is running out for the Zionists to control middle east OIL!

Washington's neocons are alive and well, advising both John McCain and President Bush. Now many are saying Bush should permit Israel to attack Iran's nuclear facilities after Election Day before the new president takes office. ANP investigates as we chase down John Bolton, Bill Kristol and Frank Gaffney to see how far ahead these hawks are thinking. And a new report says the whole plan could backfire.
link.brightcove.com...

(*_*)

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Slightly related to title.

Maybe not a blockade as cited by untrustworty resource but definetly a further escalation.

EU allowed tougher cargo inspections now, as part of new sanctions.

Read for yourself at:
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

if they do - you can bet real $$$$ the russians will sortie , en masse to scare the **** out of the USA.

Russia is hardly the threat it once was to the United States.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle

so yeah all this might and technology cant defeat an insurgency in a country like iraq?

Horrible reference considering the Iraq war has been won.

And for future reference, do not confuse reality with your own envious wishes.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by West Coast]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
this is just the beginning world war3 will happen without a doubt,the elite have been planning this # for years nothing will get in there way.russia and china will join forces and hit the US if the people continue to let the neocons get away scott free with there crimes if you are american you do not have long to take your government back or it will be done for you at your exspence you dont have a choice,die taking back something that was stolen from you or die by a chinese hand doing something you should of done years ago good luck to you all i hope for the worlds sake you make the right choice

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
It's not just the "Neocons" - but Liberal Elitists are even a larger part of the New World Order framework. These Liberals are CEOs of International Investment Firms and Green Energy companies.

Obama is their New World Order candidate. His lead foreign policy advisor wrote the book on the New World Order called "The Grand Chessboard".

The book is a blueprint for securing Africa and the Middle East and using Russian break-away provinces as buffers for containing Russia. Making these provinces US democracies allows the US to have control over Russian Oil assets.

Do some more research, you were partially right, but to blame it all on "Neocons" is ignorant.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I am done posting on ATS. You people are nuts.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join