It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive US naval armada heads for Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by VDOG.45
As if the United States does not have 1 or 2 Carrier Fleets in the area of the middle east.

Ever since the Second World War (we) the United States of America have been the World's Police. The United Nations is nothing but a corrupt group of self appointed A-holes.

Sorry my English subjects and Friends, but the United States saved you and the rest of Europe in 2 Wars! After we kicked you’re a** in 2 Wars – Revolution, and the War of 1812.

It's time the United States minded their own business, let the rest of the world settle their problems. Let the rest of you commit atrocities against each other, without our intervention.

After having served and fought in many areas of the world, I could care less for American Forces saving the World. It’s time America focuses on itself and not be the Worlds focus.

Yet, had America done that in 1939 you in Europe would be speaking German now and the 3rd Reich would be alive and well. Asia would be under the hands of the Imperial Japanese Army!

Those who do not recall history will be destined to repeat it!

Semper Fi,

VDOG.45

Yeah. A few things with this.

Firstly, you only saved us (UK) economically. By the time you found your way over here the Germans had already gone cold on invading. Sure they may have tried again IF they won in the East, but honestly, that was never going to happen. As a side note, the USA DID focus on itself in 1939, or did I imagine the whole waiting-until-provoked-in-1941 thing?

You didn't save us militarily in the Great War, either. We were never in any danger of being invaded.

Okay, you succeeded in the Revolution, but you deserved it and it was probably for the best anyway. I can't comment on 1812 as I don't know anything about it.

The USA pretty much appointed itself as the 'World's Police' and enjoyed the role until more recently, when the natives all started getting uppity.

Now I'm rational: I realise that the USA has military might far beyond what most people think, and it's unlikely that any nation can resist a full-on attack my the US military. But that is largely down to your tech.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by VDOG.45

Do you realize how fast the world you live in would go to hell if the US didn't exert some type of policing. My god people scream and cry when a guy gets his head cut off in Canada. If we became a reclusive state that would happen on a daily basis. And if you didnt forget there is no such thing as isolationism, our economy and the worlds economy depends on us. Take us out of the equation and you doom tens of millions of people to death, Yes to death. Just look close to home, Canada depends on us for our military and our economy and where the hell would Mexico be without the millions upon millions we pump into her each year. Now picture this, a country to the south of us, with an even more out of control drug lord problem, it would say it would look something like the Taliban before we hit Afghanistan and Canada would be taken over in a heartbeat by Russia, Syria, any country with a police state force could take them over. Now since were isolationist, we would have hostiles with Nukes on each border, that my friend is the picture you paint by your words of wisdom.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BaileyKat

Bailykat, please dont throw up your hands, as you know every country has passionate people including the UK. Much of what he said has truth or is based in some truth and sometimes the truth hurts. Although some of what he said is opinion and based on facts that he is only privy too and some things just seemed outright nonsense. Not knowing the guy we are in now position to call him a liar although we can call shinanigans without proof. I assure you I would love to see our relations with the world on a much better note, but when the world has you playing good cop bad cop and the US has to always be the bad cop it gets tough. We need your voice and voices like yours to let the world know that the media distortion of us in not factual. That the great people of the country realize we all live on one planet, were all neighbors. I realize it looks like we strong arm and can somtimes be arrogant but you have to stand back and look at what the world has asked of us. The US carries a great burden, we shed blood for other countries, you never see us sitting it out, or going to back someone up but go there with a no fire, no shoot, no confrontation policy. Ask yourself this, if things got really bad, and your were on a sinking boat, or lost in the woods, or stranded on a deserted island ---- who would you want with you.... the United States or Russia, or China, or Iran, or even France. I think we all know the answer to that, if you want to get out of it alive you would pick the US. As an American I say thank you very much for your support!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

What is going on in Iraq is a totally different type of war, you have losers hiding amongst civilians because they are too cowardly to stand and fight so they try to blend in with the masses. If the US didn't care about killing civilians the whole place would be destroyed already. And we plan on being there for many many years so as to control and protect out interests in that region.
And you are not getting the truth about what is really going on over there from the media, you are told what they want you to hear.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaileyKat

Originally posted by VDOG.45
As if the United States does not have 1 or 2 Carrier Fleets in the area of the middle east.

Ever since the Second World War (we) the United States of America have been the World's Police. The United Nations is nothing but a corrupt group of self appointed A-holes.

Sorry my English subjects and Friends, but the United States saved you and the rest of Europe in 2 Wars! After we kicked you’re a** in 2 Wars – Revolution, and the War of 1812.

It's time the United States minded their own business, let the rest of the world settle their problems. Let the rest of you commit atrocities against each other, without our intervention.

After having served and fought in many areas of the world, I could care less for American Forces saving the World. It’s time America focuses on itself and not be the Worlds focus.

Yet, had America done that in 1939 you in Europe would be speaking German now and the 3rd Reich would be alive and well. Asia would be under the hands of the Imperial Japanese Army!

Those who do not recall history will be destined to repeat it!

Semper Fi,

VDOG.45

It's that kind of arrogant gum flapping that makes even your allies hate the sight of you. Fortunately, I'm English, married to an American, and have lived in both countries - so I know that not all Americans are like you. Thank god. I actually spend a lot of my time defending America from its haters in Europe, but when I come across people like you I can only throw my hands up and admit defeat.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by BaileyKat]

Arrogant? Stating the truth is not Arrogance my friend, not when it is based on fact. Research those wars I have stated and tell me more from both sides of the pond since your English married to an American.

Let’s just say we agree to disagree about the History of our Great Countries.

I’ve learned that it is not a righteous thing to take another human life, yet I have had to do so time and time again, for what? I’m a Warrior, trained to kill. Yet, always prayed for Peace. I wear the scares of battle on my body and my face. I leave you with this, I could not say it anymore eloquently then Mr. George Skypeck.

SOLDIER

I was that which others did not want to be.
I went where others feared to go and did
what others failed to do.

I asked nothing from those who gave
nothing, and reluctantly accepted the
thought of eternal loneliness...
should I fail.

I have seen the face of terror; felt the
stinging cold of fear; and enjoyed the
sweet taste of a moment's love.

I have cried, pained and hoped...but most
of all, I have lived times others would say
were best forgotten.

At least someday I will be able to say that
I was proud of what I was... a soldier.

GEORGE L. SKYPECK

(copyright,George L. Skypeck, Reg TM) with permission of Mr.Skypeck.

Forever Arrogant and Always Faithful – Semper Fidelis,

SSGT-VDOG.45

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Regardless of whether this info comes from a blog or a news story, we all know it's happening so there is really no need to talk about the reliability of it.

It's only just struck me as odd that we value news sources more than blogs anyway. News sources are people paid by the government to lie to us, and blogs are...us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join