It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate watching videos, but this one blew me away. What's the thinking on it now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I'm curious if it's been discussed here before

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Shino

IIRC it was concluded that this is likely a remote control helicopter with a a green laser pointer attached to it
edit on 26-2-2014 by Nootropic because:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Wow, that's probably one of the best, if not the best, UFO video I've seen so far. Good find.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Shino

Posted numerous times. It's a remote-controlled toy with LED lights and green laser. Not much different than this one:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Nootropic

Do you have a link to that? That sounds like the mysterious, oft-stated: "Studies say... "

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Shino

its an octocopter with lights and a laser attached lol they simply turn off the lights before going out of radio contact. Might also have an led frame built around it to create that lighting effect.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Shino
www.youtube.com...

After a headline like that, whats your thinking on it?
Do you think its a rc plane?
Get a discussion going

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Nootropic

So why can't we hear the sound of the copter motor? We can hear the dude shuffling around in the grass and breathing, but no other sounds? Those quadcopters are loud.

That said, look at the set up.

1. Film starts with focus on light that could simply be a streetlight at this stage
2. He focuses in and now it looks like Saturn up close
3. He continues with the zoom so no context or scale is known
4. Backs up the zoom and shows the car (why is he not in it, why is he so far away?)
5. Light approaches the car and it looks extremely close - like 10 feet from it
6. Green scan happens to car from UFO
7. UFO jets up then turns off light

It's staged. That's what it feels like - but I'm going with CGI for lack of quadcopter sound but presence of other ambient noises.
edit on 26-2-2014 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Searching through videos on ufo's, this is just one. And all the ones people put down, they're not discredited. A sighting involves both a craft or object in the sky, and an experience or testimony regarding it. So when people chime in choppers, and other items, they're just guessing based on the problematic night time sky photo that will usually show an orb of some kind. It does not discredit the event. Yet thats what they maintain and because they maintain a false hood in the open like that, to me that discredits them.
edit on 26-2-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
the AR parrot drones are pretty quiet, so thats what I'm going with

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I guess he was so stunned it made him lose his ability to speak... or maybe it was some effect of the laserbeam...it's meant to shut off cars, but it reflected off the car and busted a cap in home boy's voicebox, shutting that part of his body down just like with a car... its like some kind of shutting down device...no matter what you point it at, it shuts it down. well, the scientific name would be a shutter downer, but we're in a casual setting so no need for such formalities. In other words, yes, I find it very hard to believe that no words were spoken. Not a wtf or omg... not even a single solitary "oops I crapped my pants!" This, combined with the obvious look of the thing all lit up like a Christmas tree...makes me wonder. Or not wonder. What ever indicates disbelief.

Of course i admit i could be wrong. Maybe this is true evidence. It just doesn't feel that way for me. And I Want to believe. Well actually I DO believe...just not in this one. It looks like lights turning off. It didn't zoom off into space. It didn't perform any impossible maneuvers like ufos sometimes do. Nothing real conclusive here so I guess it could be either way. Just doesn't feel right for me is all.
edit on 2/26/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Shino
www.youtube.com...

I have heard that sound before or a similar sound very close - I think it was on Billy Meier's website where he had recorded the sounds of a UFO as it hovered above him.

Any UFO buff - visiting Billy Meier's website is a must.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Jesuslives4u

Billy Meier is HOAX artist. Any real UFO buff will already know this and avoid his garbage scams at all costs.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Jason88
So why can't we hear the sound of the copter motor? Those quadcopters are loud.

Some are. Some are not. It all depends on the kind of motor you choose. There are some very quiet motors available for hobbyists. Just because you can't hear the motor in the video, doesn't mean there's no motor.

And since it's a staged video anyway, who's to say that the soundtrack wasn't deleted and had a new one inserted? A hoax is a hoax whether you can hear it or not.

edit on 26-2-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Fair play. My limited experience informed me they were generally loud.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I was gonna say - in the info section for youtube it says this -

Real or clever hoax? You decide. (I'm just saying hello to Reddit user @wordsandthingies to prove this was my edit/upload)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jesuslives4u

Your obviously fairly new to the subject so there'll be no ribbing you on that quote...
But Meier is a fraud, charlatan and downright liar.
You'd be best to stay away from everything associated with him

join