It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone been 'permanently abducted' or abducted for more than 2+weeks and returned?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I know Travis Walton hold the record for the longest abduction (5 days), but I'm wondering if there are others who were infact taken by the aliens and have not been returned.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
But how would anyone know?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

depleteduranium92
I know Travis Walton hold the record for the longest abduction (5 days), but I'm wondering if there are others who were infact taken by the aliens and have not been returned.
Yes , watch the TRUE account made into a film called , The Fourth Kind .

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by depleteduranium92

What about the ones who get abducted permanently and turn up 30 years later

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

AthlonSavage

What about the ones who get abducted permanently and turn up 30 years later

Whoa!......That's deep.

This must be the shortest abduction.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

adarma

depleteduranium92

Do you really believe they didn't dramatize the events in that film?

As for the OP, where is any evidence of alien abductions besides someones word?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

adarma

depleteduranium92

What pushes Fourth Kind from the merely bad into the actually insulting was the filmmakers' insistence that the documentary evidence was real. Actors from the "documentary" portions of the movie are uncredited, and many media outlets are still reporting that the footage is real. There was even an ill-fated Web campaign to create false professional credentials and publications for Abigail Tyler, but after investigative reporter Kyle Hopkins revealed them as fakes they were taken down.
io9.com...

I think the only thing real about the premise is that people go missing that far up north. But then again, they do in all the places that far up north. Bears, lost in the woods, jealous boyfriends… easy to go missing up there.

I enjoyed the movie though.
edit on 19-2-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

depleteduranium92
Has anyone been abducted for more than 2+weeks and returned?

The Aliens have time travel ,,,they could abduct someone for a whole lifetime & bring them back a second after they were abducted ,,.....they could travel back in time and erase any evidence that they were ever seen when the need arises
edit on 19-2-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Yes im abducted now, I snuck into the computer lounge from the cage they were keeping me in. I'v been perm abducted since 98. They treat me ok..I get probed anytime I have morning wood which is a lot cause its always morning here, three suns ya know.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by adarma

The Fourth Kind is as fake as Santa. Anyone who spends five minutes researching can figure that out. They just used the Ufo communities brainless belief, and it worked.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Sobek

adarma

depleteduranium92

Do you really believe they didn't dramatize the events in that film?

As for the OP, where is any evidence of alien abductions besides someones word?
Yes , all films have some element of dramatization , people wouldn't watch it otherwise . But when you have a Dr and 2 phonologists and real film evidence , you have to view this with an open mind . A police officer sat outside this Woman's house with video camera taping and the youngster just disappears into thin air . Although the police did a complete house and ground search with in 1/2hr of her disappearance . To this day the girl has never been found . No one will talk about this, even after all these years . You have to admit there is something very wrong with this and needs another investigation in to what happened in Alaska all those years ago .

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Space Alien abduction events are the province of Psychology.

These events can be reliably and predictably replicated in the lab, which would strongly indicate that these experiences are entirely subjective, and the only places people are travelling to, interacting with, and seeing exist completely in their heads.

These events are often simple episodes of Sleep Paralysis; symptoms including but not restricted to, or explicitly required are paralysis, fear, ringing or buzzing sound, confusion of place, sensations of an 'other' presence, as well as even visual hallucination to associate with the 'other' presence and fear.

Other experiences can fall under Dissociative States and disorders where subjects experience missing time for minutes, hours, days, even up to weeks or years in extreme cases.

Often enough these expressions are predominately psychological, but, at times we see these exhibitions as the result of tumor activity.

Ever wonder why some outspoken self-identifying space alien abductees die of mysterious cancer illnesses?
Well, it's because the "mysterious" cancer asserting pressures on the brain was the cause for entire set of very realistic subjective experiences.

Everything we see and experience goes through the brain. Direct stimuli to the brain, as in the case with tumors, and even chemical tampering can provide complete and total sensory experiences indistinguishable from reality for those experiencing them.

Thus, while there's ample evidence for prolific expression of psychological and even neurological phenomenon, there's very little to no good evidence for actual space alien interactions.

This isn't to say that there's absolutely zero chance that alien abductions occur.
It's just extremely unlikely in consideration of the wealth of evidence in favor of psychological phenomenon.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by adarma

The Fourth Kind is a movie, and every event in it, including the "real" footage is scripted and acted.

Travis Walton's experience was filmed as "Fire in the Sky".

As to the subject of the thread; permanently abducted? I took a wrong turn and just kept going...

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

reply to post by adarma

The only thing "true" about that movie was that folks in Nome, Alaska in 2004 did indeed go missing, and nine of them were never found. Remember the Blair Witch Project years ago? And the Paranormal movies? Same type of deal. Very entertaining, but not based on actual documented events. Here's a link:

www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

Space Alien abduction events are the province of Psychology.

These events can be reliably and predictably replicated in the lab, which would strongly indicate that these experiences are entirely subjective, and the only places people are travelling to, interacting with, and seeing exist completely in their heads.

These events are often simple episodes of Sleep Paralysis; symptoms including but not restricted to, or explicitly required are paralysis, fear, ringing or buzzing sound, confusion of place, sensations of an 'other' presence, as well as even visual hallucination to associate with the 'other' presence and fear.

Other experiences can fall under Dissociative States and disorders where subjects experience missing time for minutes, hours, days, even up to weeks or years in extreme cases.

Often enough these expressions are predominately psychological, but, at times we see these exhibitions as the result of tumor activity.

Ever wonder why some outspoken self-identifying space alien abductees die of mysterious cancer illnesses?
Well, it's because the "mysterious" cancer asserting pressures on the brain was the cause for entire set of very realistic subjective experiences.

Everything we see and experience goes through the brain. Direct stimuli to the brain, as in the case with tumors, and even chemical tampering can provide complete and total sensory experiences indistinguishable from reality for those experiencing them.

Thus, while there's ample evidence for prolific expression of psychological and even neurological phenomenon, there's very little to no good evidence for actual space alien interactions.

This isn't to say that there's absolutely zero chance that alien abductions occur.
It's just extremely unlikely in consideration of the wealth of evidence in favor of psychological phenomenon.

Thank you for your analogy , very interesting . Dr John Mac did very good work into abduction experiencers . So if your theory is correct , how do you explain multiple abductions at the same time/place ?

hadn’t had high hopes for the book Abducted: How people Come to Believe They Were Kidnapped by Aliens by Dr. Susan A. Clancy. After all, the segment about abductions which featured her on Peter Jennings’s grossly-misleading “documentary” on February 24, 2005, was definitely unscientific. The focus was on sleep paralysis with no recognition being given to multiple persons being abducted at once, the fact that most abductions have taken place other than when the abductee was sleeping in bed, and that many people have recalled the details without the use of hypnosis. This despite the fact that all of these had been discussed by Budd Hopkins during his PJ interview, but never made the program. I also was not impressed with what she had to say on last July’s Larry King TV show. Still I was shocked by how much bias and prejudice she shows in the book. She should have been flunked for her gross inaccuracy in her accounts, brief though they were, of various cases about which I am well informed. Remember that her so-called research was conducted at Harvard University using government research grants and the book was published by Harvard University Press. I guess they couldn’t afford a fact checker.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Jefferton
reply to post by adarma

The Fourth Kind is as fake as Santa. Anyone who spends five minutes researching can figure that out. They just used the Ufo communities brainless belief, and it worked.

Thanks. My 1 1/2 year old just read this and is in tears. Way to crush a childhood.

To OP - There was a show that aired briefly called The 4400 (I'm still pissed it was cancelled) that did have people that were abducted for a very long time, who were then returned all at once. None of them had aged a day, and none of them knew time had passed. If you haven't seen it.... you might like it.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by adarma

I think you mean john Mack's claim of multiple abductions, having similar memories and not knowing each other because they lived thousands of miles apart. He says something like bob in Florida had the same memories as sue in Oklahoma. He repeats this mantra through tha t book and in every interview he did. It's just a statement on his own opinion. It's not evidence. It's how he explains " this just means it's true".

Additionally, Mack and others reccomend using hypnotherapists belonging to a network, they've created. So they can share notes.

It's important to note the memories in the cases of Mack's and others are never recalled normally, only by hypnosis, Mack reccomends they use and voila! Same stories emerge. Hmmmm.
They're Regressed memories. Not evidence.

edit on 19-2-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

Also, Mack was fooled by someone pretending.
edit on 19-2-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

depleteduranium92

If they never returned......how would anyone know it was aliens that took them?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

adarma
Thank you for your analogy , very interesting . Dr John Mac did very good work into abduction experiencers . So if your theory is correct , how do you explain multiple abductions at the same time/place ?

hadn’t had high hopes for the book Abducted: How people Come to Believe They Were Kidnapped by Aliens by Dr. Susan A. Clancy. After all, the segment about abductions which featured her on Peter Jennings’s grossly-misleading “documentary” on February 24, 2005, was definitely unscientific. The focus was on sleep paralysis with no recognition being given to multiple persons being abducted at once, the fact that most abductions have taken place other than when the abductee was sleeping in bed, and that many people have recalled the details without the use of hypnosis. This despite the fact that all of these had been discussed by Budd Hopkins during his PJ interview, but never made the program. I also was not impressed with what she had to say on last July’s Larry King TV show. Still I was shocked by how much bias and prejudice she shows in the book. She should have been flunked for her gross inaccuracy in her accounts, brief though they were, of various cases about which I am well informed. Remember that her so-called research was conducted at Harvard University using government research grants and the book was published by Harvard University Press. I guess they couldn’t afford a fact checker.

Multiple people "abducted" at the same time?

Well, before jumping to fantastic conclusions for which there's no means to validate accountability, the rational approach would be to consider more prosaic solutions.

One higher likelihood everyday explanation would pin accountability on false testimony and collusion for whatever reason.

There's also sympathetic collusion or Asch Conformity in deference to the assertions of an 'Alpha' personality or unconscious social compliance.
If unfamiliar with this process, then the following video or the link provided may prove of interest:

An example of this group conformity in the wild can also be seen regarding a top UFO Case involving multiple witnesses claiming to have seen a huge 'mothership' UFO:
"Top Ten" UFO Case - Yukon, Canada, 1996 - BUSTED!?

There's also the issue of deference to authority, which, in many cases with abduction experiences involves UFO Investigators and sloppy interview procedure which contaminates witness statements in telling the interviewer what they think the interviewer wants to hear, and/or poor interviewing allowing for cross contamination between multiple witnesses.

Further, any results requiring hypnosis for recollection are inadmissible due the relative ease with which False Memory Syndrome occurs.

Additionally, quite sadly so, there's also the nutter demographic that's invariably always attracted to fringe subjects.

These more mundane explanations, though unpopular among many adherents to fringe related phenomenon, hold greater likelihood as probable explanations over smaller, less likely speculations involving Space Aliens.

Notable Physicist Richard Feynman in talking about Flying Saucers, which could also apply to the Alien Abduction phenomenon has a fun statement regarding likelihood or probability:

"... from my knowledge of the world that I see around me, I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence." It is just more likely. That is all." -Feynman.

In other words, from what we know, can prove, examine, and can also replicate, It's more likely attribution can be given to something we already know, than to something we don't know.

edit on 2/19/2014 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

edit on 19/2/2014 by adarma because: (no reason given)
Don't know why this will not open for me , or play here .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join