It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOOD NEWS ATS - No longer will I make religious threads.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Woodcarver
I still stick to my point that earthquakes happen all the time because they do,

Again .... earthquakes of that size do not happen 'all the time'.
And absolutely do not happen in that region often at all.

and that christian site does not present any proof of causation. .

I'm going to have to call B.S. on you now. Obviously you didn't go to the link at all.
It's not a Christian site. It's 'DISCOVERY.COM'.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Woodcarver

I'm going to have to call B.S. on you now. Obviously you didn't go to the link at all.

my apologies. I thought it was something else.
At least i am engaging. No one has even attempted to answer any of my questions.
edit on 18-2-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Ok here is a religious website that sites actual geological studies that claims and gives instances that the area is very active seismically. I'll continue to look for more info.

urantia-book.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Woodcarver

Ok i went back and re-read the article.

Varves, which are annual layers of deposition in the sediments, reveal that at least two major earthquakes affected the core: a widespread earthquake in 31 B.C. and an early first century seismic event that happened sometime between 26 A.D. and 36 A.D.

According to the article there are two large earthquakes they are referring too.

One happened 31 years before said crucifixion. The other, they give a ten year span.

So again. This does not lend any credibility to any claims.

Try again.

Or try answering even one of my questions.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Yeah, many people get smacked by some big spirit, or THE big spirit (or what they perceive to be ...etc.) and go off on a preachy whirlwind.

Maybe that experience was just for you and your situation at that time?

Overwhelming experiences of things we term "paranormal" happen often and are as varied as there are people... yet they are similar.

I feel that loving and accepting folks who are trying to do good is truly "holy." Throwing dogmas around does nobody any good, despite the best of intentions.

That said, no person should shut up completely... but perhaps learn to listen to others and accept they might have a piece of the big puzzle?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jesuslives4u

Youve discovered something valuable in all this. It is great to minister to all the world. It is great to state your beliefs. Its also well and good you try to change others hearts by different perspectives. But the lesson learned is this.

As long as there are a multitude of colors in the crayon box of religions (metaphorically speaking here)...so too will there be just as many opinions, disagreements, points of view...you get it. And this is all inherently good to discuss and learn and grow by learning how others feel and think. But there never is really an end to the discussions.

How I feel, I find the time and place for me to postulize about God and religion, knowing full well to try to learn when NOT to. The conversations and ideas and opinions...and yes, disagreements and denials...can go on forever. And still...thats great.

We do have to live our lives though, and set aside time to do that and not argue our days aways trying to get our points and arguments across. Its all good to do that, and to profess faith and discuss it.

But as we can go on and on and on forever with no real end in sight...I believe...at least for me...its best to choose our battles as my parents use to say to me.

And its been said never to get into it over politics or religion. There are as many opinions of what each is and what defines each...that one could go on forever and ever about both.

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jesuslives4u

So, I'm guessing that you polled every member of ATS to come to your conclusion? Your first mistake is that you are making "religious" threads instead of faith based threads. Your second mistake is actually caring about what a bunch of miserable, atheist trolls have to say about your "religious threads". I'm glad Jesus Christ didn't stop His ministry at the first sign of some push back.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I'm glad Jesus Christ didn't stop His ministry at the first sign of some push back.

Good point. In the world of today, without some backbone, Christ would probably have given it up within a few seconds.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Thanks. I think? WAIT!! Come back!!

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I do have to admit that one of your past statements about NDEs proving the existence of a deity and hell frustrated me in particular. My own research indicated that most NDEs are positive experiences regardless of what the person believed in, and aren't always Christian-themed either.

edit on 19-2-2014 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Jesuslives4u... .

As many of you have told me; it is best I keep my opinion to myself and you are right. I will keep my mouth closed about religion because you do not want to hear it and I now get it.
Ats frowns on preaching and evangelising. So if thats what you've been doing, then ok...good call. Otherwise, the Ats religion forum allows the expression of opinions, ideas, theories and interpretations as long as its kept civil. Bring something, stand by it, prove it and defend it...thats my principle. If people were telling you to keep your opinion to yourself, as you claim, then there is a problem because that goes against what ats was supposed to be. Either way, its your call ultimately. Goos luck.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n

Jesuslives4u... .

As many of you have told me; it is best I keep my opinion to myself and you are right. I will keep my mouth closed about religion because you do not want to hear it and I now get it.
Ats frowns on preaching and evangelising. So if thats what you've been doing, then ok...good call. Otherwise, the Ats religion forum allows the expression of opinions, ideas, theories and interpretations as long as its kept civil. Bring something, stand by it, prove it and defend it...thats my principle. If people were telling you to keep your opinion to yourself, as you claim, then there is a problem because that goes against what ats was supposed to be. Either way, its your call ultimately. Goos luck.

I was just scanning Jesuslives4u's thread and responses and I don't see where he was preaching or evangelising, except quoting passages on one opening post to assist in making his points, which many people do and are not accused of preaching. If this were the case then why didn't the respondents report him immiediately? It's appears, to me, to be more of a case of pinched egos than anything else and that is no reason to stop posting your opinions about your faith, NDE's, or anything of a religious or spiritual nature.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

OptimusSubprime
Your second mistake is actually caring about what a bunch of miserable, atheist trolls have to say about your "religious threads".

People who are atheist aren't 'miserable trolls'. They have a right to their beliefs just as much as we have a right to ours. And calling atheists 'miserable trolls' (or 'garbage' or 'damned' or whatever) because they believe differently from us Christians is NOT exactly a Christian attitude ... ya' know? I'll take a polite and thoughtful atheist engaging in an adult conversation over an arrogant proselytizing believer in God any day of the week.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

InTheLight ....

I was just scanning Jesuslives4u's thread and responses and I don't see where he was preaching or evangelising, except quoting passages on one opening post to assist in making his points, which many people do and are not accused of preaching.
Then he/she wasn't preaching but has decided to stop doing something because people told him/her not to.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n

InTheLight ....

I was just scanning Jesuslives4u's thread and responses and I don't see where he was preaching or evangelising, except quoting passages on one opening post to assist in making his points, which many people do and are not accused of preaching.
Then he/she wasn't preaching but has decided to stop doing something because people told him/her not to.

I believe he was not preaching either, but some here are accusing him of such. To me, it's a mix of bad behaviour and uncontrolled emotions, but I guess this should be expected on emotionally-charged subjects, such as religion. It would be a shame if an intelligent and contributory member such as he be stifled. However, it does take two or more to tango and he realizes his part in the bad behaviour, and that's a positive step forward.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

@ InTheLight... To me, it's a mix of bad behaviour and uncontrolled emotions, but I guess this should be expected on emotionally-charged subjects, such as religion. It would be a shame if an intelligent and contributory member such as he be stifled.
Then its a real pity. Because religion is an intense subject for those who subscribe to it. Can you imagine non-believers in UFO's swarming the UFO forum telling the UFO believers to keep their views and opinions to themselves? Well? Exactly.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

I believe he was not preaching either, but some here are accusing him of such.

He ADMITTED he was preaching, and the offending posts have been removed anyway, so you aren't going to find it now.

The OP has owned his behavior, and stepped up to apologize. It's disrespectful for you to now be accusing him of being spineless or somehow manipulated or browbeaten.

You weren't there - neither of you.
He also stated himself what he was 'guilty' of - and how he himself saw his own actions in hindsight. Let it be an example. He did well.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n

@ InTheLight... To me, it's a mix of bad behaviour and uncontrolled emotions, but I guess this should be expected on emotionally-charged subjects, such as religion. It would be a shame if an intelligent and contributory member such as he be stifled.
Then its a real pity. Because religion is an intense subject for those who subscribe to it. Can you imagine non-believers in UFO's swarming the UFO forum telling the UFO believers to keep their views and opinions to themselves? Well? Exactly.

I believe that happened as well because a protective sub-forum entitled "Skunk Works" had to be created to lessen the intimidation factor.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

FlyersFan

OptimusSubprime
Your second mistake is actually caring about what a bunch of miserable, atheist trolls have to say about your "religious threads".

People who are atheist aren't 'miserable trolls'. They have a right to their beliefs just as much as we have a right to ours. And calling atheists 'miserable trolls' (or 'garbage' or 'damned' or whatever) because they believe differently from us Christians is NOT exactly a Christian attitude ... ya' know? I'll take a polite and thoughtful atheist engaging in an adult conversation over an arrogant proselytizing believer in God any day of the week.

That is right. Throwing the term troll out is no better than calling someone stupid or any other name calling.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Woodcarver
Throwing the term troll out is no better than calling someone stupid or any other name calling.

When someone is a troll ... they are a troll.
When someone is an atheist ... that doesn't automatically make them a 'miserable troll'.
Big difference.

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join