It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget the Internet - soon there will be the OUTERNET: Company plans to beam free Wi-fi to every per

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xizd1

"Oh, whoops...me flynky my nuklear messel test...me idiot robot general that pushed the launch button to destroy awesome globe uniting plan"...Said the guy that ruined this idea.

This wi-fi plan would be likely, the most amazing thing ever...tis a Brave New World.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by xizd1

This is an amazing co-incidence. Yesterday I was looking at ZDnet article "Why is Satellite Internet so Slow" at www.zdnet.com... and noticed right away that the Satellites used were in geostationary internet roughly 22,000 miles away from the surface of Earth. I thought right away "why the heck wouldn't they put internet satellite in low Earth orbit", then followed by "that it would be doable but extremely expensive to set up!". The next day I see this exact thing already being on track.

I think this can only be done with an enormous initial investment.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
As ambitious of an idea this is, I think we all know that it will most likely not happen. So much money would be lost and we know how much the rich need to make a nice, steady income. I wish something like this would be foreal, but we're living in a materialistic world...

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xizd1

I think there is a great danger to a system like that & I would not subscribe to it. In fact, I turn my wireless phone off unless I am waiting for a phone call or I am going to make a phone call. I don't like the idea of being tracked by people who obviously do not have my best interests in their favor. Privacy issues are a major concern.

Then you have to consider the very important "who controls this mega-network of free wifi"? The truth is with this as is with all else... you get what you pay for. I'd rather pay premiums for difficult to access network usage where exclusivity & ownership are prime, not attacked.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xizd1

Like other people have said, I believe the internet (or OUTERNET in this case) should be a right, our lives now so heavily revolve around this communication/information hub that it is ridiculous to not find a way to get it into everyone's home or device for nothing, not next to nothing, or nearly nothing...but for nothing...

then again I feel the same way about water and electricity and food and shelter

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Asynchrony

i agree with you, I believe that companies/corporation and that big ol brother we like to call uncle sam watching us is outrageous and should be illegal, in fact i believe it is to a degree...not like anyone follows laws anymore.

Here's our society: and I know it's slightly off topic, but here it is:
Majority of us are raised with common principles and morals (note I did say majority, I'm not dumb and I know it's not all). These morals and principles don't mean jack squat to anyone outside of your family. If you want to succeed in the business world, you need to lie cheat and steal your way to the top, we've justified these actions by the ends, we achieve our success...we've sacrificed our society in doing so.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'll believe it when i see it.

They claim this will be free but Somebody HAS to pay for it. I cannot see all those global ISP companies allowing such competition which would ruin them in the long run.

There has to be something more to this than they are telling.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Free... there will be some Catch for sure ....

a Basic is Free and Premium is 9 to 15 and Pro is 20 to 30 a Month ...

Tesla wanted free Electricity for everyone and we know what happened to that ...

JP Morgan ...

Did Nikola Tesla create free energy?
thelibertarianrepublic.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It will probably get tbe go ahead soon enough and be largely government funded to kickstart it, as the more consumers, the more jo public they can spy on!! That's why it makes sense..

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Does anyone remember a guy back at the start of the last century named Tesla, free electricity for mankind. How did that go...?? Just saying. Free internet
, I doubt it.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Sorry Wolfenz, didn't see your post. but yes that's what I thought.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

COMMStellation is a network of 78 microsatellites with an additional six microsatellites to be used as spares. The constellation will be situated in a low Earth orbit and the satellites will travel on 6 orbital planes separated by 30 degrees of longitude. Each plane will contain 14 satellites which include one spare. The constellation is designed to provide backhaul capacity across the globe and help connect the non-Web-wired regions of the earth by 2015. The COMMStellation network will link ISPs and telecommunications companies to the global fibre infrastructure.

COMMStellation will be situated at 1,000 km from the surface of the Earth and will be connected to the Internet trunk via 20 ground stations located across the globe. Each of the microsatellites will have a data-transfer capacity of 12 gigabits per second.

COMMStellation is scheduled to launch into its 1,000 km orbit via 6 rockets in 2015

The Microsatellites for COMMStellation will be manufactured by Microsat Systems Canada, Inc., a small spacecraft systems manufacturer.

COMMStellation will provide 100% global coverage reaching areas of the world where equatorial orbiting constellations are ineffective, providing access to bandwidth to the entire population of the Earth. COMMStellation is able to provide 100% global coverage by deploying the appropriate number of satellites into space. Two major factors enable the business case to deploy so many microsatellites. Due to the low Earth orbit, the microsatellites can use commercial-grade parts that are not affected by temperature and radiation which impact satellites that orbit the earth above 5,000 km. At 14 microsatellites per rocket, the entire constellation can be launched into space by using only six launchers.

COMMStellation was founded and is currently owned and operated by David R. Cooper, President and Chief Executive Officer.

Found this article on wiki

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by xizd1

You think with all the money that is ripped off of us consumers will just cease to be paid out? There will still be loopholes. The phone companies will lock access unless a fee is paid or something.....They will still get their money one way or another!

Or this will never happen.....That would be my guess....Too much money to lose

The same company launching the sats could also start handing out free handsets and callplans too...the mobile phone companies could then go and ..well, we all know what the phone companies could go and do then.

It'll be choc-full of targetted advertising though i suppose..they will have to be paying for themselves somehow.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Not likely to happen.

Look at google Fiber and how The Telecom Oligopoly (Comcast,Att, and Verizon) is already attacking them for adding competition and giving consumers another option. They are passing laws to make it illegal for google to do what its doing with their google fiber implementation.

The Telecom Oligopoly is to big and would never allow it to happen.

The only way is to have users create a rogue individually supported internet that somehow gets access back to the net without using any of the 3 biggies in the telecom. The minute the rogue internet becomes viable and it uses one of the big 3 to access the main internet they will create regulations to ban the access.
edit on 30228America/ChicagoThu, 20 Feb 2014 08:30:59 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Competition? Or an idea whose time has come?

S&

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Oh Crap.. posted in wrong forum - sorry LOL.. not enough coffee.
edit on 20-2-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If I could pay $30.00 a month for outernet I would in a heartbeat. It won't be any less secure then what we've already got.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xizd1

I heard today that Shaw is going to make all its wifi hubs around canada free for everyone to use, they are no longer for just Shaw customers..... Could this be related seeing as though this was anounced today?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

You think with all the money that is ripped off of us consumers will just cease to be paid out? There will still be loopholes. The phone companies will lock access unless a fee is paid or something.....They will still get their money one way or another!

Or this will never happen.....That would be my guess....Too much money to lose

Lol... Thank you for reminding me of a great movie =)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Link removed
edit on Jul 15th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join