It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US warns Israel over apparent distortion of John Kerry statements

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

When did "England" do any such thing?

If you referring to Eire being part of the UK prior to 1922, that has little bearing on the events from 1969 onwards, which were primarily sectarian in nature and had little to do with any "occupation".

FYI, the British Army went into Ulster in the 70's to actually protect the Catholics from Protestant attacks and we ended up getting caught in the middle.

EDIT: Of course, if you're an American, I suspect you have had a highly distorted and romanticised view of the history at work here. You did, after all, send over tons of money to the child killers known as the IRA....
edit on 2/2/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Say what you want. I already acknowledged you won.

I can't correlate what happened between you guys and what is going on between Israel and the Palestinians. Or, the majority of the ME for that matter. This is not the other side of the coin. It's more like two coins of separate denominations from separate nations.

Poke if you want ... I'm not trying to make it personal with you.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Also, I would like to add, the adage "different strokes" is being a bit flippant. It is actually the distinction between a democratic state that respects the rule of law and one that feels like it can do as it pleases.

We could have quite easily steamrolled into Eire and put an end to the immediate threat, but not only would that have been a gross over-reaction and likely lead to condemnation from around the world, in the long run it would have solved nothing and likely would have made the situation worse....

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Do you think for a second that the Palestinians 'want' peace with Israel?
reply to post by Snarl

No...I'm sure they'd like to spend ANOTHER 45 years under a crushing military occupation while they watch more of their people killed, more of their land and resources stolen...while the world stands by and does nothing.

Are you for real? The only ones that benefit from the continuing occupation is Israel.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

The two situations are the most analogous you will find - I didn't say they were facsimiles, but neither is your example of Canada lobbing mortars over the US border.

Israel's response, time and again, is over the top and only serves to stir up anger. When was the last time an Israeli citizen was killed by a rocket? Only 13 have died since 2001. How many have died in Israeli reprisals, involving air raids and full scale invasions, in the same period? Almost 7,000.....

EDIT: And that figure doesn't include any casualties from the blockade owing to a lack of medicines, food etc...

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

a democratic state that respects the rule of law

Surely you are not refering to Israel, which has shown nothing but contempt for the rule of law. Israel has committed so many violations of international law that it would be too long to list.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

I think you missed my point there....

The "democratic state respecting the rule of law" was the UK during the Troubles...

The state which "feels like it can do as it pleases" is Israel...

I was comparing the two, as we had our own little issue with Terrorists for a while that didn't involve massacring Irishmen, blockading Eire, invading/stealing land and building homes on it.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

My bad.

My bad x2

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

No harm, no foul

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

buster2010

Why is it when someone complains about Israel's policies is automatically labeled as an anti-Semitic? Do these people who is crying this even know what anti-Semantic even means?

Ask me, I have a rough time everytime I rant on the Israelian government... I am German, which makes it even worse.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

deadcalm

That sounds like a zionist claim. pretend to fight for the right of semites yet have no problem systematically killing millions jews for the good of zionism... fits right into the script. what is your point?
reply to post by MALBOSIA

It's no "claim". It's a fact. The Israeli government has demanded that as part of any peace deal the Palestinians recognize Israel as a Jewish State. Thats my point.

My post may have came off wrong. What I was pointing out was it seemed that you were countering Buster's statement that this is a Zionist crime not a Jewish one, with:

It should be noted that the Israeli government has made a rather big deal out of the fact that it requires the Palestinians recognize Israel as a Jewish State....not a Zionist State.

That is a point yes. Why you made that point is the point I was questioning. Yes the request was for a Jewish state not Zionist but;
The Zionist movement is criminal and even Jews know it. Zionists claim that Zionism does not exist from what I understand. They hide their cause behind "Jewish rights."

So this action to call for a recognized Jewish State is right on cue from what I would expect from Zionism.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Snarl

We don't disagree. But, what do you think America's response would be if Canada started lobbing mortars over the border on a daily basis?

-Cheers

I hate this "argument".

Lets keep in mind how this all began.

The Palestinians were in their own country, minding their own business when the Zionist Jews invaded with the goal of taking someone else's land by force, one of their most notable false flag terrorist attacks being the bombing of the King David Hotel.

The Palestinians have been trying to defend themselves ever since but in a world where black is white and white is black, its the Palestinians which have been portrayed as the aggressors...

edit on 3-2-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

gladtobehere
I hate this "argument".

Lets keep in mind how this all began.

Okay. Let's ...
Doesn't go back much further than this.

ETA: Here's a one minute video to ponder.

edit on 322014 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

stumason
reply to post by Snarl

The two situations are the most analogous you will find - I didn't say they were facsimiles, but neither is your example of Canada lobbing mortars over the US border.

Israel's response, time and again, is over the top and only serves to stir up anger. When was the last time an Israeli citizen was killed by a rocket? Only 13 have died since 2001. How many have died in Israeli reprisals, involving air raids and full scale invasions, in the same period? Almost 7,000.....

EDIT: And that figure doesn't include any casualties from the blockade owing to a lack of medicines, food etc...

Hey girls (or boys)...

Although your opinions might be respected...

When you have both finished scratching each others eyes out about your differences of opinions which have nothing to do with the OP, would it please be possible to get back to the subject? It was looking quite interesting until you two started getting niggly with each other?

Personally I would have loved to read about (and was going to contribute) what is happening over there and not about Canada, Ireland or the uk?

Thread totally bombed out... what a shame for the OP...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 3/2/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Snarl

Different strokes for different folks.

England conducted a military occupation of Ireland and strangled them economically. That said, you won and you can write history anyway you like. Those ARE the rules.

But England didn't annex the land did they? And the rule is victors write the history because there plenty of people dumb enough to believe it without questioning anything.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I took to heart Rod' comment above yours. Apologies, brother.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

So you try to make your point by posting a video that is translated by a organization that was founded and run by ex Israeli intelligence agents which does nothing but twist the words to fit Israel's agenda. You do know that the state dept in America has claimed many times they have caught them purposely mistranslating speeches. They are the ones that came up with the wipe Israel from the map lie.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Rodinus

stumason
reply to post by Snarl

Hey girls (or boys)...

Although your opinions might be respected...

When you have both finished scratching each others eyes out about your differences of opinions which have nothing to do with the OP, would it please be possible to get back to the subject? It was looking quite interesting until you two started getting niggly with each other?

Personally I would have loved to read about (and was going to contribute) what is happening over there and not about Canada, Ireland or the uk?

Thread totally bombed out... what a shame for the OP...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 3/2/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

It's not unusual for Israeli supporters to come in and try to push the thread in another direction. Another thing to remember is that Israel pays people to go into forums and defend them.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

buster2010
Why is it when someone complains about Israel's policies is automatically labeled as an anti-Semitic?

The same reason everyone who disagrees with Obama is labeled a racist, it shuts down the opposition by making them look intolerant.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Woohhaaaaaaaa...

Take two steps back please...

Did i mention what you are saying right now????

Kindest respects

Rodinus

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join