It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines Shoot Faker in Fallujah

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I wonder if this had been the other way around the same responses would be made, a marine shot in the same circumstances. I doubt it very much.

I watched the video and although I am very aware of the difficulties in a war zone, this soldier was wrong and should be jailed.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
I wonder if this had been the other way around the same responses would be made, a marine shot in the same circumstances. I doubt it very much.

Well firstly, nobody would expect a marine to play dead. And if he did you would expect it to be a ploy so he could take out the enemy - exactly the situation that the marine in the story was put in.
So if the tables were turned the responses may have been -

"Nice try but no cigar"

or

"Stupid marine"

Of course, you could state that this terrorist was genuinely injured and that if a Marine was genuinely injured and executed it would be an atrocity. But in actuality, Marines don't play dead or boobytrap thier fallen comrades as the opposition in Fallujah was proven to have.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Marines don't play dead or boobytrap thier fallen comrades as the opposition in Fallujah was proven to have.

I assume you have no idea about warfare. This has always happend. "Our" soldiers are exactley the same as "theirs" and have and always will act in the same ways. Humans are humans, no matter where they are located.

[edit on 24-11-2004 by Kriz_4]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Quite simply the Coalition Forces are not in Iraq to kill Iraqis. If they aren't attacked they don't have to shoot people. But the sad fact is that there are those in Iraq who don't want a peaceful, democratic society. The fact that Falluja contains militants who are both Saddam supporters of the former Ba'ath regime and extremists who want to impose their own brand of religous terror does not mean that it should be looked at as a place where all the poor little freedom fighters hang out. The people there aren't fighting for their society - they are fighting for themselves. They are fighting to impose a minority will on the majority. They certainly aren't fighting for freedom.

you know this? are you fallujah talking to these people? have you ever been to the middle east? i know this is a forum for free speech, but you make yourself dangerous to information and (heaven forbid) the truth when you express an opinion as fact. if ANY country came rolling in to mine with tanks and bombs I would do EXACTLY what the Iraqi resistance is doing, especially if I saw it as my only option. I really think you should go there and live with them before you state so matter-of-factly what is going on in their minds.

and guys, i often think manipulating loop holes in the convention is just as bad as violating it.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by skram
I really think you should go there and live with them before you state so matter-of-factly what is going on in their minds.

Or you could simply read the hundreds of Iraqi blogs and eye witness acounts that are all over the internet.

It's also very lame of you to use the argument that by not being on the spot, a guy is not knowledgable of a subject - especially when you aren't in Fallujah either, yet can draw your own opinions.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zero Point
You do know that the injured dudes in the Mosque were known about the day before and left behind to be picked up later? You do know that right?
Not like they took them by surprise or anything.
I like the way you clutch at straws with the 'faking death contravenes the Geneva convention' line....your freaking loony tunes in the Pentagon don't consider the Geneva convention or International law applicable to the US anyway. Bit rich rolling out it's doctrine when it suits your own desire to sleep straight at nights.
Yeah faking being dead is real evil, whereas our good ol boys dropping death on innocent civillians is the all American way of freedom and democracy and justifiable because we say it is, so it is...God bless.
Hey I know a joke...What's the difference between the 'terrorists' killing innocent civillians and Uncle Sam killing innocent civillians?
Nothing

If you hate Americans, why don't you just say. Stop beating around the bush and tell us how you feel about us.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by skram
I really think you should go there and live with them before you state so matter-of-factly what is going on in their minds.

Or you could simply read the hundreds of Iraqi blogs and eye witness acounts that are all over the internet.

It's also very lame of you to use the argument that by not being on the spot, a guy is not knowledgable of a subject - especially when you aren't in Fallujah either, yet can draw your own opinions.

hey leveller, re-read my post and then let me know which opinion I drew on other than in my own mind? yes, i would happily join the Australian Resistance if say Indonesia decided to invade, that is purely my own opinion of what goes on in my own mind, and what better authority for that than me. but i would never come to conclusions about what is going on in someone else's mind, as the source of the quote in my post did (if you take the time to read things properly).

you can also post links to the blogs you are talking about that state that the resistance in Fallujah are not fighting for Iraq but for their own selfish means. again, if this confuses you, please read the posts a little better.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join