It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing different images in the mirror

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Oh, in that case I completely agree with Sled.

But once you overcome your fear, and perhaps learn to protect yourself more before meditating you could give it a try in the future.

I like visualizing a bright white light that surrounds me with -God's/creator's/ whatever you believe in- white , protecting light that surrounds me like a sphere and also ask my guardian angels to protect me from any harm.

Haven't had any attacks for a very, very long time, can't remember how many years...

Gotta go,
Cheers,

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Hmmm...

That's strange... I recently watched this YouTube video about this Guy that was fixing the pipes under his kitchen sink and when he came back out there was a man watching him. He thought he recognized the man watching him and for good reason.

It was himself.

Only a decade or so in the future. They ytook a video of them both showing off identical forearm tattoos. They look remarkably similar. I don't recall how the younger man got back to his "own" timeline or if it was mentioned at all.

Extravagant claims, I know.

You're probably wondering what this has to do with your experience.

Is it at all possible that you experienced some sort of timeslip? The idea seems preposterous obviously but...

Do you own the house this occurred in?

Is it at all possible that you could still be living there when you reach advanced age?

At any rate, you know that if you don't buy the "Nukem High" garment your timeline will switch tracks.

Good luck finding answers!

Kallisti

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

natalia
reply to post by slapjacks

Hey... I wonder if you have any updates on the house you live in... ?? It seems like it truly has been awhile.

Yes, it has been a while probably about 6-7 months at least! haha I deff. have some updates on the house, I'll add them to my thread later!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I'll be talking with Amy Allan later today or tomorrow...I can ask her on her experiences with mirrors.
You may be seeing OTHER people.
Perhaps you are an unwitting medium.
Someone may have attached to you...it happens without to people without trying...all the time.

If you start having other experiences....no matter how insignificant, share them.
If you've had weird experiences in the past or your whole life...share them.

This is gonna sound strange but, not all empaths or "psychics" actually embrace their gift...some repress it and act like it doesn't exist at all...only to confuse them later when things, like your mirror people, emerge.

On the other hand...
this could be a neurological disorder...maybe even an optical disorder (an eye to brain thing)...a RAM thing as it were.

Don't let that last sentence make you feel as I am dismissing you...
I believe you.

BTW,
Is and when was there Nukem' High merchandise for sale?...this could be a clue. I'll look for some.
edit on 23-1-2014 by AFewGoodWomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

slapjacks

natalia
reply to post by slapjacks

Hey... I wonder if you have any updates on the house you live in... ?? It seems like it truly has been awhile.

Yes, it has been a while probably about 6-7 months at least! haha I deff. have some updates on the house, I'll add them to my thread later!

Whoa! Is this your answer?^^

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

I already told my friend that I have to get that shirt now. I just looked at the nuke em high shirts...and I eerily found the exact one I saw.. Which then made me tear up cause it's just really strange I guess.

I don't own this house. We rent. And I know we will not rent here til I'm that old.

That story you mentioned about the man...very interesting.

And I've thought about a time slip. Just may be what have happened. I may have caught a glimpse of a parallel universe as well... Who knows. Questions everywhere

Thanks for your response

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If you haven't had any other signs that point to a psychiatric issue it could just be the unconscious influencing perception 100%. No conscious resistance there but when people here have reported consciously interjecting it vanished - right after a threshold of sorts. People staring into their own eyes for a long time can bring about some weird phenomenon too (not consciously looking but just staring and allowing the reasoning mind to go quiet). I've heard of this more than a few times. Perhaps it's because mirrors are a look at the familiar - so it's largely an unconscious routine for us. Interesting.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

AFewGoodWomen
reply to post by natalia

I'll be talking with Amy Allan later today or tomorrow...I can ask her on her experiences with mirrors.
You may be seeing OTHER people.
Perhaps you are an unwitting medium.
Someone may have attached to you...it happens without to people without trying...all the time.

If you start having other experiences....no matter how insignificant, share them.
If you've had weird experiences in the past or your whole life...share them.

This is gonna sound strange but, not all empaths or "psychics" actually embrace their gift...some repress it and act like it doesn't exist at all...only to confuse them later when things, like your mirror people, emerge.

On the other hand...
this could be a neurological disorder...maybe even an optical disorder (an eye to brain thing)...a RAM thing as it were.

Don't let that last sentence make you feel as I am dismissing you...
I believe you.

BTW,
Is and when was there Nukem' High merchandise for sale?...this could be a clue. I'll look for some.
edit on 23-1-2014 by AFewGoodWomen because: (no reason given)

I just found the shirt I saw, I can upload it and share it on here.. As I stated in another post, it made me tear up right when I saw it. My hearts just racing now.

I believe my family does have abilities. I know my grandmother does and my mom did, but my mom was an alcoholic...so she never tapped into anything... She did quite often use the trick where she would scream my name in her head and I would audibly hear it.

I've been told by a new friend that I am an empath. I just haven't explored it enough yet.
Here's the shirt..

Right when I saw it...like I said tears brimmed and my heart just kinda fluttered. And now beating ever so fast.
edit on 23-1-2014 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Are you going to buy it?

If it was me I can't help but feel like I wouldn't want it, just to troll the future or something, I dunno.

Being empathic, however, has it's benefits but you have to be a very strong willed individual to not get locked in the vice of negative or sad emotions. My entire family are very strong empaths and it can be both a blessing and a curse. Trust me.

Kallisti

edit on Cpm12Thursday4220144831Thu, 23 Jan 2014 12:42:48 -06002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: phone shenanigans

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

I seriously was thinking about buying it once I got some money after I work. I just looked though and that shirt I saw says that it's out of stock...

See.. I know I can be strong willed.. But ATM I'm not and sad emotions have attacked me here lately and I can't seem to shake them.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I really want to stay on this Nuke 'Em High thing:

en.wikipedia.org...
"Class of Nuke 'Em High, also known as Atomic High School, is a 1986 American science fiction comedy horror film made by cult classic B-movie production group Troma Entertainment."

"...The film follows the events that unfold at Tromaville High School in New Jersey, which is conveniently located next to a nuclear power plant..."
"...The film spawned two unsuccessful sequels, 1991's Class of Nuke 'Em High 2: Subhumanoid Meltdown and 1994's Class of Nuke 'Em High 3: The Good, the Bad and the Subhumanoid. A fourth movie was announced in 2000, but it never got past the pre-production stage..."

"...On September 27, 2012 a trailer for Return to the Class of Nuke 'em High was released. The film was released on April 7, 2013..."

www.troma.com...
This movie has been in the news in the last few days OP.

www.tromashop.com...
They don't have much in the way of Apparel licensed by them, anyways. No hooded black sweatshirts that I could see from this website.

www.cafepress.com...
Can't find black or Nuke em high specifically

After some more scouring...I just CAN'T find a Black, zip-up hoodie with the words Nuke 'Em High anywhere for sale.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Dianec
If you haven't had any other signs that point to a psychiatric issue it could just be the unconscious influencing perception 100%. No conscious resistance there but when people here have reported consciously interjecting it vanished - right after a threshold of sorts. People staring into their own eyes for a long time can bring about some weird phenomenon too (not consciously looking but just staring and allowing the reasoning mind to go quiet). I've heard of this more than a few times. Perhaps it's because mirrors are a look at the familiar - so it's largely an unconscious routine for us. Interesting.

Hey Diane. I like that name.. It's my middle name

I don't think I have psychiatric issues. I have had traumatic brain injury .... I never stared into my own eyes... I was just sitting on my bed and I looked up at the mirror that sets on our dresser and saw the older version...I couldn't stare into the eyes it seems.. Even when I do look straight into my eyes it kinda creeps me out for some reason. Maybe I don't like who I'm seeing or the me I've become.
Thanks for your response.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Dang it...I did all that research when I should have RE-READ the OP.
You did find the shirt then?
Whoa...that must have made your heart beat a little, huh?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

You may have mis read it. I myself in real time was wearing a black zip up hoodie. The shirt I saw is posted a few posts up from this one. And I wasn't wearing my hoodie when I captured the glimpse of the nuke em high tshirt.

See what you just said that it's been in the news lately..makes me think of the word synchronicity.

Edit--hey it's ok. Yes I found that shirt and yes heart is still beating fast. I guess I am kinda glad it's outta stock so I can't buy it, but at the same time...I want it.
edit on 23-1-2014 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Are you certain the emotions are yours?

I find the best way to root the emotional sources bombarding ones consciousness are to individualize the emotional sources around me (I.e. friends, family, etc.)

Ask yourself: who could be producing the negative/sad emotions?

If you determine the source of the emotional stimuli to be a friend/family member, consider acting on this information. Ask them what is wrong, if you can help etc. If these attempts fail consider distancing yourself from the negative/sad emotional stimulus.

If no one could be producing said stimuli, It may just be personal emotions you need to work out on your own.

Kallisti

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I wish I could help you on this one. But I have only ever seen this in films. Maybe it was a time slip or something seeing as you have seen it more than once. I hope you get to find out the reasons

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I would like to ask a few questions.First has there been something else going on a fear of growing old maybe, I know our mind can sometimes play tricks.
edit on 23-1-2014 by PrincessOfPhilosophy because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2014 by PrincessOfPhilosophy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I would say you are seeing into a future timeline. It seems more people are experiencing seeing more than just the present.
I read a thread last week where a lady was handing her son a drink, and she saw herself and her son doing the same thing right beside her, only he was about 4 yrs. old. He was a teen in the present time.

I think more and more people will see past, present, and future as time goes on because the vibrations of the earth have been increased, which increases the vibrations of people with "abilities" to be able to "see" more than usual.

Some of the other members had some good replies/suggestions, but I'm still going with the time slip.

edit on 1/23/2014 by sled735 because: Dang typos!!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Hello Nat, I experience this thing where I will see something and it doesn't seem right and when I try to focus and see it more clearly it changes. So the image I remembered isn't quite explained by my interpretation of it. I don't know if I explained it very well but there are times when it is disconcerting. I still have a lot of deja vu experiences and I know the popular explanation but I wonder if our partitioned right and left brains with their individual unique perspectives might provide some answer. I remember reading research from years ago where during surgery a man's left hemisphere was shut down but he was still conscious, he was asked the question of what he wanted to do in life, His right brain answered he wanted to be a race care driver. He was an automotive engineer by trade. I know the right and left brain phenomena has recently come under doubt about it really existing. I believe it does exist and as a training instructor I always tried to design my course work in a holistic way for the different student's learning styles. Maybe us empaths recognize more of our right brain thinking. Anyway take care my friend, I may be off the web for a week or so. My computer is dying and my new lap top is somewhere in transit with a delivery date of next Monday. My machine is a dog,11 years old but 77 in doggy years.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Star and Flag for sharing your story.

I'm curious to know if the lighting was dim during either of these instances, especially the first where you said you looked older, tired and generally worn out?

Have you heard of the "Strange face in the mirror Illusion?

It doesn't altogether explain the Nuke Em High shirt, but it could explain the first if the light source was behind you, or if the room was dimly lit.

For the second, is it possible that with fatigue or exhaustion the same illusion occurred. Some participants of the experiment linked above actually saw completely different people, some that they recognized and some that they didn't.

At the end of a 10 min session of mirror gazing, the participant was asked to write what he or she saw in the mirror. The descriptions differed greatly across individuals and included: (a) huge deformations of one’s own face (reported by 66% of the fifty participants); (b) a parent’s face with traits changed (18%), of whom 8% were still alive and 10% were deceased; (c) an unknown person (28%); (d) an archetypal face, such as that of an old woman, a child, or a portrait of an ancestor (28%); (e) an animal face such as that of a cat, pig, or lion (18%); (f ) fantastical and monstrous beings (48%).

I would imagine if our brains can create cat or pig faces, then changing our dress wouldn't be incredibly difficult.

Here is an interesting video showing just how incredibly different we all look under different lighting.

Now, all of that being presented, I do believe in the paranormal. I'm skeptical and will always try to find a logical explanation first, however it's possible that maybe you did see yourself in a future tense.

Whatever it was, I'm glad you shared. I really like reading people's experiences and am glad that all of the comments have been helpful and enlightening as well.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join