It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing different images in the mirror

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Hello. I figured this was a paranormal event that has happened to me recently. I've shared with a couple of people through private messages, and was encouraged to just make a thread about it.

About two weeks ago I glanced in the mirror and it wasn't the me I know. It was an older me. I was pale, and my face was sagging it seemed. It didn't look good and it shocked and scared me. I blinked and shook my head and then it was me just standing there. I had such an eerie feeling about it. I brushed it off as well, I thought oh my eyes are just playing tricks on me.

Then a few days ago I was in the bathroom and I took a glance at my hair and I was wearing a black zip up hoodie. As I turned to exit the bathroom, I caught a glimpse of myself wearing something different, it was a shirt that said 'nuke em high.' Now I know there is a movie called class of nuke em high and I've seen it, but I don't own a shirt like that. I was a bit frightened and I turned quickly to look in the mirror directly and there I was wearing my black zip up hoodie.

Mirrors... There are legends and myths about mirrors. The first one that pops into my head is if you break a mirror, you have seven years bad luck. I know some people cover mirrors at night, as to keep spirits out. I also have heard that after a family member dies some people cover the mirror so the spirit won't wander back through.

I know in my heart and with my all what I saw. I'm not on meds, and I'm not on drugs that make you hallucinate.

I just am curious if anyone else has every seen their reflection but it wasn't right? Or does anyone have any thoughts as to what I saw or why? A friend on here has answered me and maybe she will answer on here for all to see as well.

Thank you for reading.
Peace and love
-nat the blue eyed cat-

edit on 23-1-2014 by natalia because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Here is something similar, lol

edit on 23-1-2014 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

Hah! No not quite

Oh you... Thanks for making me laugh again

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

You`r welcome
....are you under stress/tired or medication lately ? ...could be something related to it what you see but I`m no expert. Never saw a different image of me when I look at the mirror, just an ugly guy as usual

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I have been stressed and tired, but I truly know what I saw. As it won't leave my minds eye in what I saw. I keep seeing those images flash in my head.
I just feel that not everything that happens has a scientific explanation.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

CosmicDude
reply to post by natalia

You`r welcome
....are you under stress/tired or medication lately ? ...could be something related to it what you see but I`m no expert. Never saw a different image of me when I look at the mirror, just an ugly guy as usual

He already stated in the OP...no meds.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I had a quick look online to see if anyone else has experience a similar thing (sober) to no avail.

However, mirrors are meant to be very mystical, there is a lot of people who believe they hold powers and have done for many many years. If I look at this from a paranormal point of view, I would say that perhaps evil entities are most interested in these objects since this is where much vanity is aimed, ghosts and demons are meant to haunt places infected with something considered evil (if we look at vanity as a deadly sin).

Whether psychological or demon/spirit I would pay more attention to what these things mean. The old age, perhaps you have a fear of it that you need to address? Or a fear of nuclear apocalypse? If this is a demon/spirit they may be a trickster and are playing on your fears, more likely it's psychological and these are fears you need to address.

Hope I've helped in some way...

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Hi Nat,

It seems as though our paths have crossed again.

I have in the past seen myself as the way you describe, with an older or unhealthier look that shocked me as it seemed like I had transformed, the image I seen played a huge part in how I felt that moment and through introspective thinking I concluded or convinced myself that I believe its a communication from my future self to keep a eye open as the path I am walking can cause me and those around me to have less enjoyable time in that period of life.

The different clothing part in my mind is if the clothes you saw yourself wearing, like the black hoodie is looked at metaphorically it could be something attached to you that is covering your natural beauty, hiding the colours that at other times might shine like rays of light and make those around you feel that little bit better.

The colours is also metaphorical for your mood, If there are any conflicts that are effecting you now in life it could be a reason why you saw what you saw. At times when a person is Sad or in a angry mood it takes another to help them really realize that they need to snap out of it as its affecting their well being and those around you.

Hope you find your answers

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Your not alone. My mom had the same experience when we moved into a new apartment about 20 years ago. There had been an old lady that had been the previous tenant and she had passed away. She did not pass away in the apartment but nontheless, she had lived there for most of her life. Anyway, one morning, my mom woke up and went to use the restroom. She proceeded to use the restroom and when she went to go wash her hands and looked up at the mirror, she saw herself but she was very old and wrinkled and had gray hair. She looked at it for a few seconds and was really surprised to see what she was seeing. She splashed water in her face and looked back and she looked normal again. She was fully awake and had been awake for a while. She knows she was not imagining anything and to this day has no idea why she saw her reflection as an old lady.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

natalia

I have been stressed and tired, but I truly know what I saw. As it won't leave my minds eye in what I saw. I keep seeing those images flash in my head.
I just feel that not everything that happens has a scientific explanation.

I think you sent yourself a message from the future where there is technology that can allow us to input data and see how our lives would have turned out if we chose this instead of that, go left instead of right.

You might have come to a cross roads and you took a wrong turn, so your future self is helping or at least attempting to help you see you are stumbling a little on the path you're on and if you continue on this path, this is what you might look like.

what you saw was negative to you, You want whats best for you so that you may do what best for others.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

iRoyalty
reply to post by natalia

I had a quick look online to see if anyone else has experience a similar thing (sober) to no avail.

However, mirrors are meant to be very mystical, there is a lot of people who believe they hold powers and have done for many many years. If I look at this from a paranormal point of view, I would say that perhaps evil entities are most interested in these objects since this is where much vanity is aimed, ghosts and demons are meant to haunt places infected with something considered evil (if we look at vanity as a deadly sin).

Whether psychological or demon/spirit I would pay more attention to what these things mean. The old age, perhaps you have a fear of it that you need to address? Or a fear of nuclear apocalypse? If this is a demon/spirit they may be a trickster and are playing on your fears, more likely it's psychological and these are fears you need to address.

Hope I've helped in some way...

Oh I searched too online to see if anyone has had similar experiences and I could not find any...which actually surprised me. I do have a fear of becoming old. I tell myself in my head every time I look in a mirror ...how vain I am for even looking.
My best friend told me that me seeing myself as an older lady that's not pleasant to the eyes may be a sign telling me that I need to do things different so I won't look that way when I'm older. But I have no clue. Mirrors...I believe to hold mystical powers that we just don't understand at times. And I have had trouble in the past with evil entities... So you just made me think even harder about what if they are the ones that are playing tricks on me.

Thanks for your response.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Glad to see I'm not alone in this situation of seeing an older version of myself.
And ya know, you have my mind turning about what if it was a message from my future self. Constantly being stressed and tired can wear a person down physically..and of course mentally. So that image is me if I stay on this path...

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

Hmm.. That's very interesting. My hair wasn't grey..but boy did my face look awful. It was full of sadness and it did seem like it was full of regret as well...
Thank you for sharing that story about your mom.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Hello Natalia,

This happened about ten years ago in my early twenties...
I was told about a meditation technique where after lighting a couple of candles and after relaxation to stare into a mirror and meditate, focusing on trying to gain access to past lives.

I meditate daily so it was quite easy for me. After about 10 minutes I started seeing other faces looking back at me. It scared me a little to be honest, so I turned away from this method and learned a different one instead.
I used the one with walking down the steps. There are so many website that have past regression meditations, just Google some, try a couple, and stick to the one that works best for you is my humble opinion.

So when reading your post, my first impression was that you were seeing the people you were in a past lives.

Maybe there is a message for you , that you were meant to receive about your current life, and this is the reason your are seeing your past lives' faces.

I'd really advice you to start meditating on the subject. Everything happens for a reason.

edit on 23/1/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

edit on 23/1/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Constantly being stressed and tired can wear a person down physically..and of course mentally.

Not just wear them down but create sicknesses and diseases in the body and mind.

Take care Nat,

Sometimes the stress is manufactured by our own doing, Life is such a maze that any clarity found will be met with obscurity just around the next turn.

The answers are always changing and at this moment the answer might fit and at another it wont, I am too lost in my own maze, but enjoying it when I see where I am, only to be stresses at the next turn because I am lost again in this maze of life.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Oh I truly believe that everything happens for a reason as well.

I can't meditate though freely..or at least without it being guided. I was advised by an acquaintance not to meditate on my own. The last time I meditated was last April. Evil followed me out of my sessions I was having and causing me physical harm in my sleep. So I stopped and the harm stopped as well. I have no reason to lie about this.

I know a member sled has a thread about past regression...and I want to, but I fear it. And she told me that it would probably be unwise to try and do a regression session with fear in my heart.

I do think some and not all have had past life's and I was told I have had several. So I truly have no doubt in that.

Thank you for your response

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Once upon a time I took some medication and looked in the mirror - I found that each time I moved my head just a tiny bit there was a completely different face - I did not see it was me but just many different photos of an infinite amount of different faces - it was fascinating. Just moving a little bit of the face made a new image - amazing.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Howdy NATtheCAT! I've had a similar experience just once, I saw myself being about 20 years older than I really was, It didn't last more than 2 seconds... I'm convinced it was due to lack of sleep or just pure exhaustion

It is rather interesting though... I wish you the best and hope all has been going well!!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by slapjacks

Hey! Haven't seen you around in a long while friend!! Hope everything is going swell with you.

See I'm not convinced this was from being tired or stressed... I just feel there's more to it. And it is interesting when something like this occurs.

Hey... I wonder if you have any updates on the house you live in... ?? It seems like it truly has been awhile.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Itisnowagain
Once upon a time I took some medication and looked in the mirror - I found that each time I moved my head just a tiny bit there was a completely different face - I did not see it was me but just many different photos of an infinite amount of different faces - it was fascinating. Just moving a little bit of the face made a new image - amazing.

Is that a story or true?
I know certain meds can make ya see things, but like I said in the beginning... No meds here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join