It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

yeah , im starting to read about them in my local ragpaper

ide image it but im seriously not going tonight
way to tired for that
Char-Lee if your reading
thanks for your kind words

funBox

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Blue Shift

ArMaP
It is, and I'm a fan of dark and absurd humour, I just think that we should at least try to avoid using other people's tragedies as a source of humour.

My number one source for humorous material is my own tragedies.

there was a crazy notion that the pilot and co had gone in hunt for bin ladens burial site, last respects maybe ?

funBox

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Blue Shift

Joking with our own tragedies is one thing, joking with other people's tragedies and feelings is another, at least to me.

I suppose it's better if we get back to discuss rocks.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

ArMaP

Blue Shift

Joking with our own tragedies is one thing, joking with other people's tragedies and feelings is another, at least to me.

I suppose it's better if we get back to discuss rocks.
how about some metal spikes? 8 oclock disturbed by the wheels? mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
and some black tube type thing just to the left of shiny bits.
edit on 9-4-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)
and some ziggy zaggy stuff at 6 or 7 ish

edit on 9-4-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This is a fun one if you can see it ,it appears the rover has ran over a tiny alien! 6 ish half way under the wheel. And other anomolomolies mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Theres something lurking in the shadows, just left of center and up a bit mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

baaaaaaa , that would be a little Martian sheep then

shading from the midday sun and chewing on some dewberry's

funBox

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Do the bear! Do the bear! /claps hands like a little girl, twirls pigtails/

(nice pulling the thing out from under its rock with high-contrast - and what, it just had to have things where its eyes would be to give us the willies and set our teeth a'chatterin'. symptomoftheuniverse would be dangerous to our sanity if he/she/it ever gets his/her/its hands on one of those photochop machines)
edit on 10-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

*funBox grows a pair of flippers and flips onto the beachball*

not like the other bear though , from page er, a while back

more like a brown variety as opposed to the other ,that looked to me polarbearish

funBox

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

funbox
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

baaaaaaa , that would be a little Martian sheep then

shading from the midday sun and chewing on some dewberry's

funBox
only mad dogs and english men go out in the mid day sun.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Thanks for finding and presenting the bear in all its bareness. Now when people come complaining that we are finding lizards on Mars (another poster did that yesterday) we can bear our necks, raise our bear glasses, and bear down on them with an entire zoo of critters and crawlies. Ha! Jack Hanna, where is thy sting.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Here's a one-eyed snail looking for food:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

It looks like a small alien sun-bathing, with his feet up.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

ArMaP
reply to post by Blue Shift

It looks like a small alien sun-bathing, with his feet up.
that is what the left side of the wheel ran over mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Dear jeep3r:

Can i get a comment on the image I used to create a thread a few months back. It is a Styrofoam cup lodged under two rocks in the gigapan photo 119174? This image haunts me ...I have a very clear picture of it that tells me this is some kind of whistle blowing. If one sifts out the usual loonies who love to post stupid jokes and comments, the remaining comments were not what I expected.
The thread was: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you for your time
J

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nomickeyshere

Hi, and thanks for bringing an anomaly to this thread's attention (and I think I linked your thread here when it was posted). Since you say on your post above that it is a cup, as I remember it is either a very white rock or is the sun shining through a separation in the surrounding rocks. Edit: here it is, imaged by OkieDokie, and pretty far away from the camera:

edit on 11-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

nomickeyshere
reply to post by jeep3r

Can i get a comment on the image I used to create a thread a few months back. It is a Styrofoam cup lodged under two rocks in the gigapan photo 119174? This image haunts me ...I have a very clear picture of it that tells me this is some kind of whistle blowing. If one sifts out the usual loonies who love to post stupid jokes and comments, the remaining comments were not what I expected. The thread was: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's a white-balanced & contrast-enhanced version of the section that Aleister and others already cropped. Is that the chunk we're talking about?

Source Images: right | left

What exactly was it that caught your attention in that image? At first glance, I only see some rounded edges & perhaps some faint patterns on the surface, probably caused by JPEG compression. IMO, the resolution isn't high enough to make out any details.
edit on 11-4-2014 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Dear jeep3r..... My view and close up of this object is pretty clear...I know some people's laptop or desk top screens may not be able to focus close enough, but there is no mistaking this object to my eye as anything but an everyday styrofoam cup anyone would take outdoors to use and toss out when done...however, my only thought is if this object is what it is, then who ever took this "Martian photo" left it as a subtle way to blow the whistle!?! This object is tucked in to be hard to find. Some of your other explanations I took very seriously, but after showing this image to family, friends, and strangers, most came up with the same item...
I appreciate your response again as always and we may never know what this is, but would love to have NASA go back and use that claw and close up imaging to give us a better view...
J

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nomickeyshere

An intriguing mystery, but have you been looking at the thousands of Mars pics that have been coming in since Curiosity landed? If the "Mars deniers" (as opposed to "Mays deniers" who disbelieve in the existence of Willie Mays) are going to gain any traction they will have to explain how the shifting scenery, the millions of tons of rocks (or, maybe in your scenario, cardboard cut-outs of rocks?), the vast expanses of land (cgi?) and the signals coming in from the satellite above Mars have all been faked without - and this is the good part - without them missing one tiny plant, an insect buzzing in view of the camera, an insect or other earth bound life crawling somewhere in the picture, the absence of planes (trains or automobiles, except for the recently published picture on this thread of the car driving across the expanse), or any other sign of life except for the strategically placed cup that you found. Aye, Capricorn Two comes to life.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Chunk of busted coral:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join