It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 142
<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Either that, or a large deadly Praying Martis

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

funbox
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

baaaaaaa , that would be a little Martian sheep then

shading from the midday sun and chewing on some dewberry's

funBox

On the left of the photo. There`s gaps of smooth sand in the tracks of the rover.
What would cause that ?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

lambros56
On the left of the photo. There`s gaps of smooth sand in the tracks of the rover.
What would cause that ?

The flat parts of the rover's wheels, if I'm thinking about the same thing as you.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Your point has merit for sure...but we are still left with this object...not compression artifacts, or shadows....maybe a fungus growth?...but to me it has substance, takes up space, and it begs a closer look, if only we could hijack the rover for a few days / weeks.
Thanks to all for the second look

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

expert usage of a trowel ?

funBox

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

ArMaP

lambros56
What would cause that ?

The flat parts of the rover's wheels, if I'm thinking about the same thing as you.

Looks quite a big gap though ?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

lambros56

That's why I said "if I'm thinking about the same thing as you", as I'm not sure what you mean.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

ArMaP

lambros56

That's why I said "if I'm thinking about the same thing as you", as I'm not sure what you mean.

Sorry...maybe it's just me.
In the top left you see the rover track in the soil, which comes to a stop. Then there's no track until further down the left side...that's the gap I mean.
It's probably nothing......

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

The Rover tends to rove around the same areas quite a bit when they are at one of these way-stations. This one, named Kimberly, has lots of gleeks and gobbits (are they still in Kimberly? I think so but I don't know for sure) so the separated tracks on the left probably came from two different drives as they transverse the ground. That, or the modified Rover-leap-frog unit is working well.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

lambros56
In the top left you see the rover track in the soil, which comes to a stop. Then there's no track until further down the left side...that's the gap I mean.

I wasn't thinking about the same thing.

Thanks for making it clear, now I understand that you are speaking of the terrain apparently not marked but the rover's wheels, between the left top and left bottom of the screen.

I think it may be because of two reasons: the non-uniform design of the rover's wheels (part has that zigzag line, part has straight lines) and the fact that they are hard wheels, so whenever they get rocks hard enough to support the rover's weight they do not change shape and so do not touch other parts of the ground, not leaving wheel marks on harder parts of the ground.

This small panorama may help see what I am saying.
(click for full size)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
While looking for more images from Curiosity I found this one, that I think shows that system used to make the rover's wheels is not as good as they thought.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

ArMaP

lambros56

I wasn't thinking about the same thing.

Thanks for making it clear, now I understand that you are speaking of the terrain apparently not marked but the rover's wheels, between the left top and left bottom of the screen.

I think it may be because of two reasons: the non-uniform design of the rover's wheels (part has that zigzag line, part has straight lines) and the fact that they are hard wheels, so whenever they get rocks hard enough to support the rover's weight they do not change shape and so do not touch other parts of the ground, not leaving wheel marks on harder parts of the ground.

This small panorama may help see what I am saying.
(click for full size)

Yes....I see what you mean.
It`s a possibility.....thanks !
edit on 13-4-2014 by lambros56 because: Clicked reply before commenting.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
looks like a massive influx between sol 590-593

influx

I wonder what is buried in that lot

funBox

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

mars.jpl.nasa.gov... the right mastcam on April 6 has one of those tiny light reflections that indicate Martian life and/or buried treasure. I will retrieve this treasure map. (and what's with the 1000 picture downdump?)

edit on 14-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
What happened to this thread, one day without any posts?

Now it's my turn.

A lizard getting some Sun on the top left corner of this photo.
(or just a rock that reminds me of a lizard)

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Everyone seems to be taking a break and playing elsewhere as we await the upcoming Murray Buttes crossing.

Your lizard is a fine addition to our menagerie.

...and maybe the mating companion of our dear old friend here:

edit on 16-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Your Lizard, Armap.
Interesting...

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

It turned green, must be a chameleon.

But I am trying to figure out how that shadow plays -- does it show the object with its "back leg" also lifted up? (and for those who would say 'lizard' for real I'd say 'Show Me The Tracks!')
edit on 17-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Aleister
But I am trying to figure out how that shadow plays -- does it show the object with its "back leg" also lifted up? (and for those who would say 'lizard' for real I'd say 'Show Me The Tracks!')

I think the red and green parts on the image below correspond to the red and green shadows, but it's hard to say with just one photo.

I think the "head" is a different rock, a little further and to the left of the "lizard".

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

the red rock being the reason of the red shadow , as you indicated ? how so , wouldn't the gap in shadowand stone/lizard t=0e show that it was not the cause ,,.. unless it was a basking leg of course

funBox

top topics

<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join