It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 133
<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

funbox
reply to post by Aleister

the last laugh on the puppeteer eh Aleister , but we could al be looking at shadows.. your always giving out odds
, what are the odds on a completely generated Martian landscape... 100% cgi , so realistic you can even see the camera blemishes... worthy of discussion ?

maybe we should ask the Wizard in the balloon if he knows of a computer capable of such a feat

funBOx

I think you were right, that it's from a satellite. The odds of a cgi Mars are actually 100 percent. It's not even a planet, for goddesses sake, but was invented by HG Welles and Edgar Rice Burroughs as a setting for novels. NASA (a likely name) just ran with it.

Seriously though, isn't the tech so good now that all of these images can be CGI'ed by some NASA back-room crew of Disney animator computer techs? You may have hit on something (and then bounced off). The only odds I mention here are that one-percent thing, which I set in my head some time back (that if there's a one-percent chance of a mars anomaly being a fossil then it's worth professionals in the various fields taking a look at it, and then having an analysis discussion about it). If I were the wiz of oz I would have spent more time getting to know the cute witches.
edit on 5-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I suppose this is my field of expertise, but unfortunately I can only talk about consumer related software that could achieve something akin to what we see, but these software packages are user driven , and albeit that a lot of automated generation can be achieved , (macros)

i may have alluded to you once that I could model the whole of gale creator , rocks, anomalies and everything in it.. do you know how long that would take me ?

ide probably need a few lifetimes to achieve it to the detail we see
this is the problem.

if generated, the generator would have to be some kind of artificial intelligent computer, one we havnt seen I guess

so programs like Maya, 3dStudiomax , Softimage or even whole landscape generators like Bryce3d , all consumer software would give results but would take more than an army to even start such a project.. again to much information , yet too few users to create the imagery quick enough... even these software packages would not Crete a realism that we see from the pictures today, not even close

a supercomputer in my eyes with software unknown is all I can see to achieve the modelling of a whole planet and its features.
a mammoth task .. but is there such a computer known existing that could come close?

hmmm

funBOx

edit on 5-4-2014 by funbox because: w

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

educated me, at least, very well, thanks, I personally knew none of this. Cool. I remember when computer animation couldn't get hair and water right, and that was the big goal. I think the goal for the last umpteen years has been to computer animate a human image that would pass as human to the human brain. Our brains are the only computer that could make the images we're seeing with our heads as they take in the photons ---- just thought of something, maybe photons are bits of a quantum computer, although that's had to have been talked about someplace on the simulated-universe threads and science fiction books - so creating an exact replica of Gale crater and its surroundings of that quality and detail would be on the list of goals for future computers (will they ever reach desktop/pad/personal computer size)?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

funbox
reply to post by johnb

if your referring to this ..

I think there dunes

funBox

Looks to be in a basin like this..wow look at the lovely way dunes can shape.
Dunes from space

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Whoever says that these are just rocks is going to get a cyber slap!

edit on PM4201404pmSaturday1414Apr2014 by AnomalysMonaLysa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AnomalysMonaLysa

Just rocks. */ducks out of the way, puts up cyber tennis-racket to volley back cyber slap, sees reflection in the mirror of cyber slap sneaking up from behind, runs away, stops, goes back, grabs lunch, runs away again/*

(both of these were shown to be rocks when the sun and the rover were at other angles to the objects, kind of a perspective illusion. Just realized, you're kind of new here, have you seen blueit? if not, you're in for a treat! Here's the memorial post to blueit, may she rest in pieces: www.abovetopsecret.com... )

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Well dang. I checked out the link but didn't see the 2 objects I posted. I really, really, really want to see them from an angle that proves them to be rocks!!! I'd swear that's a pipe. Sorry for the slap. Have a on me!
And yes, I am a newbie, so sorry if I point out some anomalies that have already been posted.
edit on PM4201404pmSaturday1405Apr2014 by AnomalysMonaLysa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

ah well , that would be a newbies life
, but now you're past that , self acknowledgement, go back to page one and see whats been illustrated and discussed , also , do not pass go , and certainly don't even think about collecting 200

shoeBox

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

an interesting dune formation that Char-Lee , and coupled with my blowup , it got me thinking

strip away that cgi landscape , and just maybe....or maybe not

funBox

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

AnomalysMonaLysa

Well dang. I checked out the link but didn't see the 2 objects I posted. I really, really, really want to see them from an angle that proves them to be rocks!!! I'd swear that's a pipe. Sorry for the slap. Have a on me!
And yes, I am a newbie, so sorry if I point out some anomalies that have already been posted.
edit on PM4201404pmSaturday1405Apr2014 by AnomalysMonaLysa because: (no reason given)

thank you sir may I have another /dancing on table, slurping suds off the floor/

No, it's great you posted them, and that one that looks like a pipe was in the blueit's area I believe. What happens is we see something really good in a rover pic, then it has the gall to keep moving and the sun and mars have the gumption to turn and shine at another angle, and suddenly the thing you thought looked exactly like the Eiffel Tower or my dear old granny's best apple pie turns out to be a pile of rocks. Not even a pile of rocks, but just one rock that itself isn't even there. Mars is a fickle mistress, and the only solution is

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Close up of bugs' eyes look more alien than that thing from "Alien". If you did better gif's the rocks on Venus thread would be tempting you away with promises of 72 virgin bottles of

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

If there's something that we all could learn from this thread is that we should never be sure about any thing, specially when our opinion is based in just one image.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

have you seen that shiny thing yet from Sol 559? , I was watching a mars anomaly video last night , some kid called whatsupinthesky, posted it from the navs, sol559 I think he said . and appears to be as he said , two different shots and a shiny thing

not looked yet though , phenomenally busy today

btbBox

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

This one and this one?

They look like "hot" pixels, pixels that, for some reason, get overloaded and turn fully white (RGB 255,255,255).
I don't know if that's what happens with cosmic rays hitting the sensor, but I think it's possible.

PS: on the second photo I can't see any thing that could be blocking the "light" on the photo that doesn't show it.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

yes and I believe , yes

the one looks like its tapered and to me the light looks like it has fall off, or gradiates sharply at the top .. this pic

the other seems shorter , if these are markings made by cosmic ray strikes hitting the camera sensor , ide say they have an amazing talent for affecting quite a few pixel blocks.. you havn't been messing about with lightning bolts have you ArMaP ? ;D

second pic

funBox

edit on 6-4-2014 by funbox because: wolves with halogen torches parade the prarie

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

"This Martian light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine".....an actual Martian mystery. More please.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Don't forget that JPEG doesn't like isolated pixels with a different colour from the ones around it, so it's possible that the original image, before being compressed, had only one pixel (or a vertical row of pixels for the other photo) at RGB 255,255,255.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

that's an interesting thought Aleister
, a simulated universe , simulating universes ,why on earth would everything want to do that ,? I blame the Russian's for all those ugly multifaceted dolls
. as for breaking it down to photon's , well I suppose a quantum type computer would work in the macro , light photons as carriers of information.

I hope you brought the marshmallows' and a repertoire of camp fire songs

funbox

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

hmm I havnt counted the width of the anomaly in pixels but , im guessing that its a little bigger than one pixel, or are you saying the sensor got more than one cosmic ray strike ?,are a cluster of cosmic ray strikes even viable to create the width we see?,.. do we have any pictures of mars with similar looking strikes ? cause here we have two in very quick succession ,, how much time is there between the left and right shutters anyhow ?

I know too many questions .. im asking for it

funBox

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

funbox
hmm I havnt counted the width of the anomaly in pixels but , im guessing that its a little bigger than one pixel, or are you saying the sensor got more than one cosmic ray strike ?

In both images there's only one pixel with perfect (255,255,255) white, so that means only one pixel affected.

are a cluster of cosmic ray strikes even viable to create the width we see?

I suppose that depends on how spread those rays are, they are small enough to get a bunch of them in just one sensor pixel.

do we have any pictures of mars with similar looking strikes ?

Yes, the photos from Opportunity and Spirit have some, and it looks like the longer the cameras were working the more affected they were, as the newer photos appear to have more than the first photos they sent.

cause here we have two in very quick succession

No.

how much time is there between the left and right shutters anyhow ?

In this case, one Sol.

new topics

top topics

<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join