It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mark of the Beast = 666 = www = Smartphones and Google Glass

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name. This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666. - The Book of Revelation 13: 16-18

This ancient prophecy has been associated with Nero, Caesar, various Poples, Hitler, Ronald Reagan, George Bush, Obama...it can be linked to anyone if you are willing to twist and distort your interpretation of 666. Throughout History, most scholars have agreed that the use of 666 in the Bible is the use of Gematria. This ancient way of communicating uses numbers to symbolize letters. The number 6 represents the letter v or w in Hebrew:

Without any interpretation or distortion whatsoever, 666 simply and clearly spells out www. Its no wonder that theologians, historians and researchers had no clue what www is supposed to refer to before the rise of the Internet in the 1990s. WWW stands for world wide web, for the Internet itself, for that medium by which the whole world has been entranced and hypnotized beyond redemption.

Lets read the biblical passage once more, now with the numbers spelled out:

It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name. This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is WWW. - The Book of Revelation 13: 16-18

There is no reason whatsoever that every web-address need contain "www" or that the internet need be called "www". The Internet could have very simply be set up with any other combination of letters, such as mmm or xxx or aaa or abc or none of them at all. Why, of all possible options, choose "666"?

A world where both rich and poor, free and slave are internet-connected has already come true. A world where the www is a requirement for buying and selling is not yet entirely true, but we are clearly moving in that direction. From around 2005 onward, most shopping is made on the Internet. As of the year 2013 I have started seeing people pay in supermarkets with their iphones. But what about the mark on the hand or forehead? How does that fit in here?

Researchers have proposed that there will be an RFID Chip implanted into the hand or forehead. Others have suggested that it will be a barcode. The problem with those ideas is that they are much too obvious, at least in this day and age. Unless done in the distant future when the Book of Revelations is widely forgotten, such actions would cause widespread protest and outrage. "The Beast" would have to move more subtly, so that everyone, "rich and poor, free and slave" openly accepts and even embraces "the mark". It is already true that people all over the world are embracing and buying and selling through the www. And the invention of the Smartphone and of Google Glass means that www/666 is also used as a handheld device and on the forehead:

The first handheld devices connected to the Internet through WAP were introduced at the turn of the Century, in the year 2000 (the very first to go online in late 1999). Prototypes of Google Glass started being worn in 2012. Maybe it is not a coincidence that the year 2000 and 2012 were the dates that doomsayers were the most concerned about. If I am correct, then that "doom" came quietly and unnoticed, like a thief in the night.

These two devices...the handheld smartphone or its wrist-watch-like variation and the "Google Glass" and similar devices produced by other companies will, if current trends continue, be the primary mode of "buying and selling" (as well as photographing, navigating, internet surfing, reading, phoning, data collecting, surveillance, communicating, video making, recording) of the future. Its not unrealistic to propose that these devices will receive the most human attention in the History of the World.

People I have shared this idea with in the last years have objected that Smartphones and Forehead-Devices are not "permanent marks". But nowhere in the Book of Revelations does it say that the mark would be permanent. In fact...

The passage is also seen as an antithetical parallelism to tefillin (small black leather boxes containing scrolls of parchment inscribed with verses from the Torah). Instead of binding their allegiance to God to their arm and head, the place is instead taken with people's allegiance to the beast.

The Jewish Teffilin, which the mark of the Beast is a mockery of, are not "permanent marks" either. You take them on and off. The same applies to smartphones and forehead-devices. The Teffilin are actually small black boxes, not unlike the Smartphone and Iphone being a "small black box".

According to the Bible, the aim of Satan is to get everyone to look away from God and look at him instead. This is perfectly true of the WWW as most people now give most of their attention there instead of to prayer, meditation or contemplation.

The first angel went and poured out his bowl on the land, and ugly, festering sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the beast and worshiped its image Revelation 16:2

My interpretation of this is that "worshipping his image" means to be preoccupied with the forehead-device or the internet-smartphone almost all the time. Hence "festering sores" may be a reference to some kind of rash or radiation sickness related to holding a smartphone all day or having one attached to your head all day.

A general objection to all of this is that the Internet has brought humanity progress and knowledge. We now have more people reading and communicating than ever before in History. On the other hand and again, according to the Bible, it is Knowledge that the ancient Serpent lures Eve with in the Garden of Eden. Furthermore, information does not equal intelligence or the ability to do stuff with all that information. And finally, all this Communication over Internet Chat, Skype, Facebook, Email, Twitter etc. is not true face-to-face connection and may actually be distancing people, friends and families from each other rather than bringing them together.

There's another more sinister aspect involved here: Imagine Internet in the hands of Hitler. The surveillance power he'd have through Google alone, to know all of your secret thoughts, desires, purchases, GPS Locations of where you have been and where you are going, what you look like, who your friends and foes are. And now imagine the Internet in the hands of "the Antichrist".

edit on 27-12-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
youre forgetting one thing: the mark is supposed to be PERMANENT, smart phones and such are just items, and can be lost, stolen or broken
Last I checked, you did NOT NEED a smart phone to conduct commerce, makes it convenient, but not needed

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Surely the mark of the beast, is something that people have to willingly take on knowing what it means.
Using the internet, smart phones etc, is not a clear and willing allegience to anything other that instant access to information.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Wait until they start putting RFID chips in us, that we need to buy and sell and will obviously be hooked up to the internet in some way, you have found a horn of the demon, soon we will see more...

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

HomerinNC
youre forgetting one thing: the mark is supposed to be PERMANENT, smart phones and such are just items, and can be lost, stolen or broken
Last I checked, you did NOT NEED a smart phone to conduct commerce, makes it convenient, but not needed

You did not read the OP. The question of whether its PERMANENT or not was addressed in the OP. From the evidence posted it should be clear that it need not be.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

WilsonWilson
Surely the mark of the beast, is something that people have to willingly take on knowing what it means.
Using the internet, smart phones etc, is not a clear and willing allegience to anything other that instant access to information.

Nowhere does it say that. Also: Why would ANYONE willingly give allegiance to "the Beast"?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I got no problem with glasses or any device. However an RFID and 16 digit bar code chip implanted anywhere on my body, that is the only way I can participate in buying and selling, is the mark of the beast anyway. To be regarded as a bar coded product in the system of man is Armageddon to me, no matter what justification.

There's nothing inherently evil about the internet. It is what humans do with it that makes it good or evil. It is just like a glorified telephone network with pictures really!

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
you are making us all go to hell them spreading the mark using it to reach others
soo meta

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I like where you are going with this but to be honest, it happens every time something new comes out.

Time may prove you correct but it may also be a long time and I am not sure we have a long time.

Thought provoking, yes, the answer, not yet IMHO. Nice thread BTW

P

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Skyfloating

WilsonWilson

Nowhere does it say that. Also: Why would ANYONE willingly give allegiance to "the Beast"?

Well, I've heard that some give allegiance to the Beast, in return for power, fame and riches. Not that I really believe in any of this myself. I think "the Beast" is something that man has made up to try to explain evil that goes on in the world, also to be used as a threat against people doing bad things to each other (you'll go to Hell if you are bad).

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I believe it.

A general objection to all of this is that the Internet has brought humanity progress and knowledge.

Look at the progress caused by the Internet. We have people believing in enlightenment, which basically amounts to Luciferian Light. In fact, I get a magazine on enlightenment and it constantly has passages about how to "stop worrying about others, and focus on yourself," in ways that are so specific, that I can't ever remember them enough to write them here.

But in a society like that - it would be really hard to survive - no one would have your back.

The Internet has caused people to forget how to socialize, to forget the value of real friendship and real relationships, and worse yet - it has caused people to forget how to think for themselves in a lot of cases.

The effect the internet has on one's thinking processes is a profound one. It helps bring people from a temporal mind to a spatial mind that has little or no time advancement. In the worst cases, for example, WOW raids (simply as an example), there is peer pressure locking each person into a timeless state.

Now listen here - people talking about transcendence say that you are moving from 4 dimensions to 5. But the reality is, you are moving down a dimension, and losing time. There are a lot of other inconsistencies. But not being able to think ahead means that we are essentially all getting a lobotomy.
edit on 27amFri, 27 Dec 2013 05:54:06 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

kaylaluv

Well, I've heard that some give allegiance to the Beast, in return for power, fame and riches. Not that I really believe in any of this myself. I think "the Beast" is something that man has made up to try to explain evil that goes on in the world, also to be used as a threat against people doing bad things to each other (you'll go to Hell if you are bad).

Yes of course. The idea of giving allegiance to the Beast is mentioned in many different texts and scriptures. But it doesnt say so in the "Book of Revelations". It just says that rich and poor free and slave will carry the number 666.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

WilsonWilson
Using the internet, smart phones etc, is not a clear and willing allegiance to anything other than instant access to information.

Bingo. You win the prize.
edit on 27amFri, 27 Dec 2013 05:55:36 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

darkbake

Now listen here - people talking about transcendence say that you are moving from 4 dimensions to 5. But the reality is, you are moving down a dimension, and losing time.

Good one. Instead of awakening to 4-Dimensional Reality you descend down to 2-Dimensional Reality (screens).

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

This theory is as good as any and better than most. I myself am dedicated to the wwweb, and have willingly used it and will continue to use it. So I guess I can buy and sell! Capitalism, thy name is legion.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Revolution9

I got no problem with glasses or any device. However an RFID and 16 digit bar code chip implanted anywhere on my body, that is the only way I can participate in buying and selling, is the mark of the beast anyway.

As I said in the OP, I really do think Bar Codes and Chip Implants are way too obvious and wouldnt be accepted by the majority.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Whoa. This is a real eye-opener. Had I not read this post, I may have never realized such a possibility. Or maybe, I wouldn't have realized it until it was too late.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Hmmm, it seems someone didn't get 'a much wanted' smartphone for Xmas

All this is down to interpritation. If I write a prophecy now about our future I'm sure someone can fit that prophecy into some loose connection.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Indigent
you are making us all go to hell them spreading the mark using it to reach others
soo meta

I use the Internet all the time. I also constantly carry my smartphone with me. And I may, at some future time, get me a pair of Gog...err....Google Glasses.

But I'm also going to remain aware of a possible sinister side of it all. The OP is not given as a "fact" or doomsday prediction but as food for thought.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join