It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman sues Customs and El Paso hospital over invasive search for drugs. UNBELIEVABLE.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hi ATSers.

I cant even use the title from the article as it would violate decency rules on ATS.

Its unbelievable, what we've allowed this nation to become. More specifically, what we've allowed our government to become.

The things that we permit.

The following is the only thing I will paste from the article:

"These extreme and illegal searches deeply traumatized our client," ACLU of New Mexico Legal Director Laura Schauer Ives said in the news release. "The fact that our government treated an innocent 54-year-old woman with such brutality and inhumanity should outrage all Americans. We must ensure that government agents never put another person through a nightmare like this ever again."

So what about it, when are we going to get "outraged"?

You may recall a similar story in which the police along with doctors, PARALYZED a man who refused to be violated.

Wheres the outrage, the protests, the rallies?

edit on 19-12-2013 by gladtobehere because: grammar

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
[snip]

ALL hospital staff involved should have their licenses pulled permanently for violating the Hippocratic Oath.

I ran afoul of a VERY crooked speed trap in NM and knew enough to pay my fine, keep my mouth shut and get the hell out of NM.

Dear New Mexico, It will be a cold day in hell before I ever again travel to your state. I am going to spread this news on the balloon pilots forum and with any luck your big money maker the Albq Balloon Fiesta will have a few less pilots willing to travel to your lovely POS state.

I am also going to call both the department and the hospital and tell them what I think. [SNIP]
edit on 12/19/2013 by tothetenthpower because: -Mod Edit--Removed suggestions of violence.[

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

this seems to be a recurring theme down south..Scary to say the least.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Mamatus
#ing savages, Were this to happen to me or mine? Bullets all around. Justice in this case is simply putting the two officers down like rabid dogs. ALL hospital staff involved should have their licenses pulled permanently for violating the Hippocratic Oath.

I ran afoul of a VERY crooked speed trap in NM and knew enough to pay my fine, keep my mouth shut and get the hell out of NM.

Dear New Mexico, It will be a cold day in hell before I ever again travel to your state. I am going to spread this news on the balloon pilots forum and with any luck your big money maker the Albq Balloon Fiesta will have a few less pilots willing to travel to your lovely POS state.

I am also going to call both the department and the hospital and tell them what I think. #ing animals.

This happened in El Paso, Tx, the woman just happens to be from NM. She crossed the border at the Bridges of Americas connecting El Paso, Tx and Cuidad Juarez, Mexico, then sent to University Hospital in El Paso.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RickKilgannon

Doh, my bad I missed that. It is still close enough to New Mexico to share the same mindset though. Given the recent stories about the violations happening there I made a mental geographical mistake. BTW, no love of El Paso either..... I remember hitchhiking through there 30 years ago. Ghetto children threw rocks at us...... Maybe they grew up to be cops.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It really is a miracle people arent torching police stations.

When I was a kid a local substation harboring a few known to be crooked cops was burned to the ground more than once. After a few times they stopped trying to rebuild and gave up.

Ironically the neighborhood got better after that.

Outnumbered 1,000 to 1.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

"During the car ride to the Medical Center, Ms. Doe asked if the agents had a warrant," the lawsuit said. "One of them responded that they did not need a warrant."

The lawsuit said after the CT scan one of the officers told the woman she could sign the medical consent form and CBP would pay for the exams, but if she did not sign, she would be charged. The woman refused to sign and eventually she was charged more than $5,000 for the examinations.

This is just sick. Just like the last story i read about a man going through a similar situation, this is nothing short of molestation and borderline rape.

These cops didnt even bother to get a warrant! New Mexico is still in the USA right? Since when are police allowed to take these kind of measures to search for drugs without a warrant? What hospital does these kinds of procedures on an obviously unwilling person, without the documentation required to prevent the hospital from getting sued?

On top of all of these sickening violations to this woman, they had the gall to blackmail her in to signing a consent form AFTER all the procedures were done and nothing was found, using the threat of being required to pay the medical costs for actions that were taken against her will? Im glad she didnt sign, and i hope those responsible and involved here get what they deserve.

Not a police state my butt... I dont wanna live on this planet any more.

DC

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I live in this area. I keep away from certain roads because the term "overzealous" doesn't even begin to cover what these weirdoes do.

El Paso: Stay the hell away from there as a rule. My daughter and her friend went to visit a high school friend who moved there. On the way back, was detained for 3 hours because a dog hit on her friend's purse....which had no drugs in it. Her car was torn apart, a portable x-ray machine was used on the vehicle, dogs were all over in their luggage and left dog hair all over the inside of the car. They were harassed and arrested for....NOTHING. Hours later, they were released because nothing was found.

New Mexico: All roads are CRAWLING with speed traps and officers who have nasty attitudes. I-10 and I-40 have "border stops" in which somebody with a Hispanic accent asks you if you're a frigging citizen. If you don't stop, they will pull their guns out and go crazy. I've seen it happen when one old person was confused by the stop and kept on going. They almost got shot.

What I want to know is: WHY? What are the benefits of this? Is it stopping the flow of drugs into the country, and the flow of illegals? NO. All I can think of is, this is a beta test for the new police state. I also cannot help but think that our CIA hates competition when it comes to drug smuggling.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Mamatus
reply to post by RickKilgannon

Doh, my bad I missed that. It is still close enough to New Mexico to share the same mindset though. Given the recent stories about the violations happening there I made a mental geographical mistake. BTW, no love of El Paso either..... I remember hitchhiking through there 30 years ago. Ghetto children threw rocks at us...... Maybe they grew up to be cops.

I have no love for El Paso either, same thing happened to me going through there in the last 80's. That was the last time that I went there because everyone in the family refuses to go back. I have never had a problem in NM, have family still in Abq and every time I go it has always been pleasant. I hear/read about all the stuff that happens there but have never seen or experienced it and I try and go for a week every year to visit my grandmother.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

xDeadcowx

"During the car ride to the Medical Center, Ms. Doe asked if the agents had a warrant," the lawsuit said. "One of them responded that they did not need a warrant."

The lawsuit said after the CT scan one of the officers told the woman she could sign the medical consent form and CBP would pay for the exams, but if she did not sign, she would be charged. The woman refused to sign and eventually she was charged more than $5,000 for the examinations.

This is just sick. Just like the last story i read about a man going through a similar situation, this is nothing short of molestation and borderline rape.

These cops didnt even bother to get a warrant! New Mexico is still in the USA right? Since when are police allowed to take these kind of measures to search for drugs without a warrant? What hospital does these kinds of procedures on an obviously unwilling person, without the documentation required to prevent the hospital from getting sued?

On top of all of these sickening violations to this woman, they had the gall to blackmail her in to signing a consent form AFTER all the procedures were done and nothing was found, using the threat of being required to pay the medical costs for actions that were taken against her will? Im glad she didnt sign, and i hope those responsible and involved here get what they deserve.

Not a police state my butt... I dont wanna live on this planet any more.

DC

My guess is that this isn't the first time this hospital has done this. The border agents probably bring people they "suspect" of having drugs there all the time. This woman's lawsuit may open up a can for the border agents and this hospital of other people who have had this happen to them and were to scared to do anything about it.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xDeadcowx

It did sound exactly like the same treatment that man received a month of 2 ago. Apparently, this is "routine" and happens all the time. I guess they found one woman who wasn't willing to surrender her rights and dignity just to avoid trouble with the authorities.
This is disgusting and I applaud this woman for suing both the ICE agents and the hospital that aided in their illegal search.

ROUTINE?!!?!

BAAA! BaaAAAH!!

We are becoming sheep.
I can't believe anyone would willingly endure this nonsense.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
80% of all cash in the USA has traces of coc aine. Makes it real easy for a dog to hit on just about anyone with a few bucks in their pocket.

If the cops nailed me like that and tried to stick something up my ass and it will likely be the last thing either of us do........ I would kill before I allowed myself to be raped.

Definition of Rape. The exact definition of "rape" differs from state-to-state within the U.S. and by country internationally. In the US, it is often called "criminal sexual conduct in the first degree". Generally, rape is defined as sexual contact or penetration achieved:

without consent, or
with use of physical force, coercion, deception, threat, and/or
when the victim is:

mentally incapacitated or impaired,
physically impaired (due to voluntary or involuntary alcohol or drug consumption)
asleep or unconscious.

edit on 19-12-2013 by Mamatus because: Gwammer and speeeeling

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Christ, our grandma's and grandpa's aren't even safe anymore. This make me not want to travel.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Prisoners of war have no recourse to fight against the war crimes committed against them.

We can but beg...

Suffice to say anyone tries to stick anything up my butt and they lose it for good. After that, hell breaking loose would be kinder to them.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I just played itout in my mind.

Both tin badge and I lose but I would remind them first, for what pittance hed expect to potentially find, his family would mourn that night.

There needs to be a protective service to deal with these mauraders... who needs an enemy.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I have been through the border checkpoint on 62/180, east of El Paso. One time, the fellow asked me if I were a US citizen, but I insisted that I was a citizen of the state of New Mexico, and wasn't born in the District. He didn't argue the point.

If you're worried about crooked speed traps, a cruise control and a GPS receiver are your friends. I used to use a stop watch, a railroad time/speed table, and the highway mile markers, but that's old hat.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Maybe the police in NM watched Breaking Bad and thought it was a documentary of real life?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I believe that if you changed the dateline and location to some 3rd world location and included that the search produced absolutely nothing in the end? It would be termed as a humans rights violation, rape and worse. It would be correct, too.

In fact, I could swear that something similar to this being done to the wife of a serviceman in Panama City previous to Just Cause was part of the foundation leading up to it for public support. It added to the sense of the place being out of control, dangerous and in need of help.

What does that say about us? ...BTW I know this IS being done by cops in some cases too. There have been good threads here covering that too. I'd really point out though, these weren't cops. These were Feds. CBP. That's our old friends at DHS for the Parent agency behind this little outrage for policies being applied.

Kinda scary, since cops would suggest a local problem. Federal agents make it possible over so much larger an area for abuse cases. I wonder how often this happens?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I will never forget staying at a fellow paraglider pilots house in France. He was ex British special forces and had bought a nice farmhouse next to a flying site and rented rooms, complete with food, beer and a good time.

After enjoying a few days of incredible hospitality I invited him to visit my place in the states. Which at the time was right next to a great flying site. He said he would never visit the States as it was simply too dangerous of a place to take his family. That was 15 years ago. Wonder what he would say now?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

thisguyrighthere
It really is a miracle people arent torching police stations.

When I was a kid a local substation harboring a few known to be crooked cops was burned to the ground more than once. After a few times they stopped trying to rebuild and gave up.

Ironically the neighborhood got better after that.

Outnumbered 1,000 to 1.

I find it amazing that, with some exceptions, victims and friends aren't visiting these perps "after-hours" for some payback. I can confidently predict this trend will appear at some point, it's just about a sure thing at the rate these police/government perps are victimizing the public.

I still can't quite believe that these politicians, Wall Streeters and banksters are still walking around free after their continuous looting of this country and our liberties.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join