It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has NASA been doing while all Eyes were on ISON...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

wildespace

eNaR
reply to post by hurdygurdy

Obviously NASA has the equipment to produce a extremely detailed photo of a comet 724,000 miles away.

Nope, they don't. Nobody on Earth does.

They provide photos of the sun, which is 92,960,000 miles away or 128 times further than comet Ison

But the Sun is huge, occupying 0.5 degrees in the sky. ISON was only a few km in size at best. Look up "angular size" and "angular resolution". It's the same reason the Hubble can see galaxies millions of light years away, but can't see Apollo modules on the Moon. It's like trying to see an ant crawling up the mountain side from miles away.

It really doesn't matter because we're only a hologram..... and so everything we see is not real / not there..... ≈

A team of physicists has provided some of the clearest evidence yet that our Universe could be just one big projection.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 11-12-2013 by eNaR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by hurdygurdy

I know, that HUGE .5% of spending .. NASA's budget is killer ...

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
OP asked : What has NASA been doing while all Eyes were on ISON...

Answer : NASA has been turning "science fiction into science fact." NASA has established Keep Out Zones on the moon. NASA has recently had problems with Chinese scientists and this month China is expected to launch a mission to the moon that will soft land which has not been done by any country since Luna 24 in 1976.

I think this could be a big setup for international hi-jinks... because NASA just commissioned LADEE, the lazer weapons platform, for lunar defense, in keeping with NASA's agenda to "protect and preserve" the National Heritage sites, the Apollo landing sites, from nosey foreign countries.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

SayonaraJupiter
OP asked : What has NASA been doing while all Eyes were on ISON...

Answer : NASA has been turning "science fiction into science fact." NASA has established Keep Out Zones on the moon. NASA has recently had problems with Chinese scientists and this month China is expected to launch a mission to the moon that will soft land which has not been done by any country since Luna 24 in 1976.

I think this could be a big setup for international hi-jinks... because NASA just commissioned LADEE, the lazer weapons platform, for lunar defense, in keeping with NASA's agenda to "protect and preserve" the National Heritage sites, the Apollo landing sites, from nosey foreign countries.

Cool story bro, you should be a sci-fi writer.

The "keep out zones" are only guidelines ansd wishes, if I read the document correctly.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Sorry if this is a stupid questions I've been trying to find out more about ISON I picked this thread as there are many others

So we know it broke up, but is that it now ? No pictures of the stuff left behind? No Nasa photos ?

I'm just confused

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

The debris is too fine to be visible from earth.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

DJW001

The debris is too fine to be visible from earth.

What about all the fancy technology nasa has in space, I mean I could be stupid but I only saw SOHO pictures of ISON going around the sun. So did NASA not get any decent pics of this

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Well, since you asked, on the previous page, I wrote exactly why you haven't seen more pics of this:

Basically what this boils down to is the difference between photography and measurement - the difference, essentially, between art and science.

NASA doesn't want beautiful, high-resolution false-colour images of ISON. They serve it and the people who share the data with them no purpose whatsoever, except perhaps as a nice PR achievement.

As has been stated numerous times, the various orbital instruments that have been pointed at this thing - Hubble included - were not designed for, and never intended to act in the capacity of, comet photography. We're talking about trying to take good photographs in non-visible spectra like X-Rays.

So, to start with, we're taking photographs with tools that aren't cameras in the traditional sense, and even then we're limited in the available resolution because of bandwidth limitations presented by the fact that space is noisy.

Why are the photographs from the ground better? Because their composites of multiple photographs taken in the visual spectrum with tools designed for the job, whose technical specifications are far better suited to the task, operating in a much less hostile environment for electronics, and the people who compose the images burn literally tens if not dozens of man-hours in their production, and were intended to take these images right from the start.

Hubble, the much-vaunted tool that everyone thinks should be able to read the lettering on the sides of the buildings on Nibiru-that-is-ISON or whatever everyone thinks this NEO actually is, was never designed to image anything nearly so close. It's like trying to take a macro photo of a nice thistle-flower with a telephoto lens and expecting it to register anything other than a purple blob on top of a green blob.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FreshKale

Hey fresh short and sweet reply from me as I'm working. But thanks for the clarification and info .. I have a very simple mind sometimes

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join