It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Reveal Extraordinary Sonic Properties of Stonehenge....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Scientists Reveal Extraordinary Sonic Properties of Stonehenge Bluestones

Dec 2, 2013

British researchers, reporting in the journal Time & Mind: the Journal of Archaeology, Consciousness and Culture, may have cracked the mystery of why the builders of Stonehenge chose to haul some of its giant bluestones 320 km away from Wales to Salisbury Plain.

Their pilot study is focused on bluestones in the Carn Menyn Ridge, Preseli Hills, south-west Wales, the source area of some of the Stonehenge bluestones.

According to local legend, the bluestones possess magical and healing properties. But what Dr Paul Devereux and Dr Jon Wozencroft from London’s Royal College of Art have now discovered are the extraordinary ‘sonic properties’ of these stones, which might have led to their use in Stonehenge.

After testing over 1,000 stones at points all along the Carn Menyn Ridge, they found that on average, between 5-10 percent of the rocks ‘ring’ when hit. In localized places, the figure rises to 15–20 percent, ‘with a few very small hotspots up to double that percentage again.

Well well well..

What do you know. Some here at ATS have suspected something along these lines for years. I've read many interesting theories on the properties of the stones used for various reasons. I'm glad they took the time to actually look into the properties. I'm not sure I completely agree with some of it

It is rather interesting to note that there may be something more ancient and forgotten about the site than many scholars care to speculate upon.

As always..

* Stay tuned *

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think one of the Halloween movies featured the blue stones in question with some rather nasty results.
LoL

On a more serious note is great to see more reliable information coming to light regarding Stonehenge.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
They are like crystals which store the energies from well the cosmos. All things happen for a reason

" There is no such thing as coincidence, just the illusion of coincidence itself. "
- V for Vendetta

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Well...they do vaguely resemble giant tuning forks in the ground. Anyone have a mallet big enough to try this out?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Don't know about a big mallet but I wonder what would happen if "They" decided to use the HAARP device to stimulate said stones? Then again that's probably not possible since HAARP stimulates the Ionosphere.
edit on 2-12-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I dunnno...

I immediately thought of this from the Pyramid code series regarding sound/harmonic healing.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Maybe the hammer of the gods would work and get it singing. I think that the tone is what I've been hearing in my head every day since I was enlightened aka activating your chakras ( energy vortices )

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Instantly reminded me of this:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Stonehenge must be a tonal device maybe to get all humans ascended because the earth is going through a high vibrational state that's why people around the world have been hearing the moaning noises. I am an energy being and I am attuned to the planets and the cosmos by vibrations and energy. Could Stonehenge be connected to Atlantis? All I know is that I am on this earth for a reason and that reason is to find who I really am and to connect to the creator. But that's my opinion and I respect all of yours.
edit on 2/12/2013 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
the stones have a higher concentration of metallic ore imbedded in them...that's it...no mysticism involved...science is your friend.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Interesting, it was only the other day when I was watching this:

www.youtube.com...

And it basically talks about how sound can lift and move objects (talks about Stonehenge at around 15mins in)

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

True, now what if....

We are simply seeing "Science" discovering something that is presently forgotten but was known to the Ancients based on a scientific principle they have not fully explored yet?

edit on 2-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I think Edward Leedskalnin probably knew a thing or two regarding harmonic levitation. Shame he seems to have kept his secrets to himself or so we are lead to believe. I think rather a few alphabet agents visited the fellow over the years, wonder if they learned anything

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 2-12-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

edit on 2-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Slayer, you're on a roll. I've missed these posts of yours.

The Egyptians may have had a keen awareness of altered states, and used sound to create those states in the patient. Beta, Alpha, Theta, Delta, and so on. Using running water, and tuning the chamber could definitely produce the desired effect.

I'm not sure what to make of what the man in the video says about sound and body cavities at this point. Ultra sound has been used to break up stones in the body, but I'm not sure what lower or higher frequencies being used in a chamber would, or could tell them about the patients body at this point. It's something to look into though.

Back to Stonehenge, though. I'm wondering here as well if the stones were merely held as sacred, or if there was a practical use. Here again, certain frequencies are conducive to altering and/or lowering the frequency of the brain. So I guess the question is, were they after a sacred sound? Or were they after resonance? Or both?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Sk8ergrl
They are like crystals which store the energies from well the cosmos. All things happen for a reason

" There is no such thing as coincidence, just the illusion of coincidence itself. "
- V for Vendetta

Maybe you are right. If I build on your thought I can hypothesise that it probably would be connected to chi/light and the chakra system since certain sound have a way of triggering these effects in at least some people to a higher or lesser degree depending on the person.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

jimmyx
the stones have a higher concentration of metallic ore imbedded in them...that's it...no mysticism involved...science is your friend.

There is no real mysticism or paranormal, only things people choose to ignore and not want to understand. Knowledge is my friend. Science is nice when used correctly and with an opened mind. Now days there are scientist that are anti trying to get the big picture since they do not want it and create dogma just like Christians did before.

Richard Dawkins is a perfect example on a person that is a charismatic person who use his own way of logic to make others seem close minded when he has the same closed mind.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Klassified
So I guess the question is, were they after a sacred sound? Or were they after resonance? Or both?

That's the mystery. What exactly could they have potentially been up to? What if anything is the full potential of this? If there is something to this. Then when, where and how was it first discovered and utilized?

How far back in history does this potentially go?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Now I get why Thor had a hammer hmmm very interesting thread OP

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Pretty cool.
Don't get too worked up about Stonehenge.
It was built in the 1950's.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join